Question about Forbidden Palace & Secret Police HQ effects

Dual

Gun Mage
I've read Alexman's war academy article about corruption, and saw that the Forbidden Palace and the communist HQ increases the optimal number of cities that can be controlled before getting really bad corruption.

But I can't find any documentation showing exactly how much of an effect those two wonders have on the optimal city number. Has anyone figured it out? Or is the answer buried too deeply in the game's code to see? :scan: :lol:

I'd really like to find out the answer so that I can plan ahead how many cities I want to own in a given map size.

Thank you for the quick reply, and for the welcome. :)

That's such an odd number that I would bet you're remembering right. :lol: But I'll keep an eye on this thread in case you find out it's different.

No wait its 2.03762199277366288262422474729115424423645 times pie to the 23 power.

That is the actual percent increase the FP and SPHQ have on the OCN.
:p

Welcome Dual may you post many many useful posts BUT DONT SPAM :lol: j/k :p

It's not a direct increase of the OCN, although it is close enough that it can be considered so. The key is Nopt = max(OCN * (L/100 * (1 + c + Gr + Gp*Nwe) + 0.25*Ni), 1). Assuming you're not in communism, the OCN raises by 37.5%. In communism, it is 300%. Having a courthouse (or police station), or having WLTKD confuses things, which is why the FP and SPHQ do not strictly raise the OCN, but rather the Nopt (both of which happen to be optimal city numbers). On chieftain in republic (or whatever) with a courthouse, you could say the Nopt increases by 30% with a FP. On chieftain in republic with WLTKD, you could say the Nopt increases by 30% with a FP. Oh, I just realized a courthouse and WLTKD indeed have the identical effect on waste, he just stated it differently. :crazyeye: For some reason I immediately spotted the identicalness for the distance corruption, and I think he said WLTKD counts as Ni for waste only in his other corruption article.

Colonel said:
No wait its 2.03762199277366288262422474729115424423645 times pie to the 23 power.

That is the actual percent increase the FP and SPHQ have on the OCN.
:p

Welcome Dual may you post many many useful posts BUT DONT SPAM :lol: j/k :p

How ironic.

Moderator Action: Colonel - warned for spam.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Thanks TimBentley, that's good to know that communism has a bigger effect. I would never have guessed it would be different.

I think I understand it all better now, after plugging the numbers into that formula. When I had read Alexman's article earlier I skipped past that one, because it looked so complicated. :mischief:

so question:

does the Secret Police HQ still work if you change you government from Communism to something else?

Pudding said:
so question:

does the Secret Police HQ still work if you change you government from Communism to something else?
No and welcome to CFC.

Top Bottom