BAT Errata

Hi, I believe that is something wrong with Spain, I have a set of modular civs that I always use with the MODs. And with BAT MOD 2.3 I can see all of them when I add it, except the spanish leaders, just Isabella. I use always it with a lot of MODs and the only one that have this trouble is BAT, not sure why is happening. Thanks!

Spain shows up just fine. I just beat the living daylights out of Izzy last week. :D

Make sure that your mod's files aren't conflicting with the Varietas Civilizations XML files. Beyond that, we can't offer very much specific help for additions to BAT. It's too hard to keep it all straight and cohesive, as there are plenty of permutations. BAT uses modular XML, but not all of it is modular, and that can cause some confusion if you don't know where everything is located.

If you have an XML problem that you can't figure out, you could post the relevant code, and we'll see, but I can't make any promises. My time lately is devoted to finishing the next release, which is why you don't see me very often right now. You could also try posting in the modding forums, and checking the tutorial threads. :)

BAT team, I have to thank you. The BAT mod is beautiful! I downloaded it last night and now it's 6 a.m. and I have to take a shower to go to work. If I didn't have to, I guess I'd spend the day spamming games. I was a little put off before because of the drag queen Washington bug (it's gone, isn't it?), but I'm glad I downloaded it.

BAT team, I have to thank you. The BAT mod is beautiful! I downloaded it last night and now it's 6 a.m. and I have to take a shower to go to work. If I didn't have to, I guess I'd spend the day spamming games. I was a little put off before because of the drag queen Washington bug (it's gone, isn't it?), but I'm glad I downloaded it.
Thank you. And yes, his eye shadow has been turned to a more manly brown shade. :)

nevermind :blush:

Hey Lemon - I was wondering if you could check out this issue I'm experiencing with BAT 2.3. I just installed 2.3 recently. Had been using 2.2 for a long time with basically no issues (except that exit to main menu deal) but didn't want to upgrade to 2.3 during the SGOTM.

So I've played a bit on 2.3. I can't recall how long I've played a game with this version; i.e., i may have just started up a few short games. I noticed a crash the other day but didn't think much of it at them time. The current game I'm playing though, I'm crashing a lot. It seems to happen while trading techs with AI - in fact, it happens right after I click to accept the trade.

I've attached the autosave of the turn this happened. It did happen several turns earllier with a trade to Iz, but I tried to shrug it off and keep playing. To reproduce, trade Aesths to Iz for Alpha and then Aesth to Rams for IW,Arch. It should crash at that point. Hopefully, this will provide you enough info to diagnose. Not sure if this is some known issue or simply something is jacked up on my end.

Note: I installed BUG 4.4 at the same time (custom asset version). However, I run BAT using a vanilla custom asset folder. I make know modifications or additions to BAT.

thanks for your help, as always.

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-0600.CivBeyondSwordSave
    177.6 KB · Views: 179
I don't know if this is a bug or an irritating new feature I missed.
I'll build an archer in a town say, and then... it automatically builds another. And it doesn't stop auto-building till I cue something else up.

I don't know if this is a bug or an irritating new feature I missed.
I'll build an archer in a town say, and then... it automatically builds another. And it doesn't stop auto-building till I cue something else up.
Irritating new feature! There is an option set to ON (latest version sets it to OFF) for keep building military units. Not sure which BUG option tab it is on.

Hey Lemon - I was wondering if you could check out this issue I'm experiencing with BAT 2.3. I just installed 2.3 recently. Had been using 2.2 for a long time with basically no issues (except that exit to main menu deal) but didn't want to upgrade to 2.3 during the SGOTM.

So I've played a bit on 2.3. I can't recall how long I've played a game with this version; i.e., i may have just started up a few short games. I noticed a crash the other day but didn't think much of it at them time. The current game I'm playing though, I'm crashing a lot. It seems to happen while trading techs with AI - in fact, it happens right after I click to accept the trade.

I've attached the autosave of the turn this happened. It did happen several turns earllier with a trade to Iz, but I tried to shrug it off and keep playing. To reproduce, trade Aesths to Iz for Alpha and then Aesth to Rams for IW,Arch. It should crash at that point. Hopefully, this will provide you enough info to diagnose. Not sure if this is some known issue or simply something is jacked up on my end.

Note: I installed BUG 4.4 at the same time (custom asset version). However, I run BAT using a vanilla custom asset folder. I make know modifications or additions to BAT.

thanks for your help, as always.
Oy! What a mess! :lol:

Don't worry, it's mostly my mess. For me, it crashed as soon as Izzy accepted Aesthetics for IW. I looked at the logs, and it seems to be something that the BUG event handler doesn't like. Right after the "tech acquired" messages, there is a scoreboard update, and poof! No more BAT.

I'm not sure what it is, but Lemon Labs is on the problem. (Said a sleepy and sheepish Nat. :blush: )

I'll do some more investigating tomorrow evening, unless the other "Mrs." Merchant has plans for us. :)

Irritating new feature! There is an option set to ON (latest version sets it to OFF) for keep building military units. Not sure which BUG option tab it is on.
And I will be adding that feature into the new BAT, whether there is a new BUG release, or not.

BTW Ruff, what do you think of my new avvy? :p

I have been holding myself back from launching a broadside - I hate that lady.
Awww. You have to love Flo. She is just so insane.

Sort of like me, I'm told. :lol:

EDIT: There, I changed it for you. My partner always says she lives with this woman, who's even more insane than Flo. :p

That better? ;)

I'm not sure what it is, but Lemon Labs is on the problem. (Said a sleepy and sheepish Nat. :blush: )

I always have full confidence that Lemon Labs is on the case. Good thing that girl Natasha keeps the place in good order. I wish the missusses a lovely Friday evening together.

PS. Glad to see the progressive lady gone as well. (no clue on the new avatar though - you have finally stumped me. I loved the Avengers though)

I hate that lady.

Me too, and yet I find myself strangely attracted to her. If you could get her to shut up for a minute, she'd be pretty fun! :p

I always have full confidence that Lemon Labs is on the case. Good thing that girl Natasha keeps the place in good order. I wish the missusses a lovely Friday evening together.
Well, I've isolated the problem, at least...

The problem isn't the trade, per se, but the crash occurs because because your Civ gets IW. Even researching IW will crash the game when you get the tech. This usually means that it's an art define fault, because IW brings the player to the Classical Era. So, it's something in the XML Art Defines tags that isn't being agreeable. It may take a few days to isolate this, because I need to play a game or two of 2.3 to see if I can reproduce the problem with a fresh game.

Once I locate the problem, I should only have to post a small file that users can just place into the appropriate folder. I'm very surprised that this hasn't happened before now. You haven't changed any of the XML by any chance have you?

In case EF happens by, this is the output of the PythonDBG file just before the crash:
Code:
14:22:40 DEBUG: BugEventManager - event BeginActivePlayerTurn: (0, 136)
14:22:40 DEBUG: MapSigns.processSigns() starting. bShow = True and g_bShowSigns = True
14:22:40 DEBUG: EventSigns.updateCurrentSigns() finished.
 MapSigns { plotDict = { } }
14:22:40 DEBUG: BugOptions - writing INI file 'Autolog.ini'
load_module encodings.ascii

14:22:40 DEBUG: Timer - scores took 33 ms
14:22:41 DEBUG: Timer - scores took 44 ms
14:22:42 DEBUG: BugEventManager - event cityBuildingUnit: (<CvPythonExtensions.CyCity object at 0x1F18DF80>, 90)
14:22:45 DEBUG: DiplomacyUtil - ignoring AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_GREETINGS from 3 to 0 with []
14:22:46 DEBUG: Timer - scores took 44 ms
14:22:47 DEBUG: DiplomacyUtil - ignoring USER_DIPLOCOMMENT_PROPOSAL from 0 to 3 with (-1,)
14:22:52 DEBUG: DiplomacyUtil - ignoring USER_DIPLOCOMMENT_PROPOSE from 0 to 3 with (-1,)
14:22:52 DEBUG: BugEventManager - event techAcquired: (29, 3, 3, 1)
14:22:52 DEBUG: BugEventManager - event techAcquired: (66, 0, 0, 1)
14:22:52 DEBUG: Timer - scores took 44 ms

so.......Will we still be seeing a next version of BAT ????
Yes, a new BAT is coming out shortly. It's been delayed by a family member passing away, and the subsequent family foolishness because of it. I'm back home now, and I'm working on it again. I hope to be able to release the new version in a week or two.

Yes, I thought it strange that an issue like this had not been encountered already. I don't touch any BAT files. I guess it's worth noting that when I installed BUG/Bull at the same time, I do make changes related to the BULL optional features (sentry actions). It's a pain and the sentry actions don't work anyway. However, these changes are only made to the special BUG 4.4 custom assets folder I create. I run BAT with a vanilla custom asset.

I do make changes related to the BULL optional features (sentry actions). It's a pain and the sentry actions don't work anyway.

This almost sounds like a bug report. Can you please elaborate on this so I can fix the problem? Thanks!

@LM - Yes, it sounds like you're right on the money. I would be it has to do with the ethnic city or unit art for that civilization/ethnicity. So it only shows up for certain civs and only if that building/unit shows up on the map. I'm not very knowledgeable on the art side of things so I'm probably off a bit here.

Top Bottom