[Religion and Revolution]: Helping or Joining Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the task descriptions Ray, I think this will help clarify things for current and any new team members. I have a little spare time at the beginning of next week, so I'll look at current texts and see what can be improved. I want to rewirte the Orkeke text for a start. Let me know if there is any specific historical data you need.

A. Team members must be reliable and motivated.
About roles:

1. Architect / Technical Lead:

2. Feature Developer (the more the better but we should have 2 at least)

3. Graphical Developer (the more the better but we should have 2 at least)

4. Historical Researcher / Writer (we should have 2 at least)

5. Translater (one for German, one for French)

6. Quality Manager (should be 2 people)
Wow! What a great post. You're right... :goodjob:
Motivation is really important. But with our brilliant ideas (I mean R&R team's ideas of course), how can someone lack of motivation :lol:
The problem is you're the only Architect / Technical Lead in the team:eek:
I don't have excellent knowledge of DLL (although I am not bad) and I don't know much of the DLL bugfixing. Python buxfixings seems to me quite easy though...

So I've been, am and will be a feature developer and a translator, while you were/are an architect, a feature developer a translator and a quality manager :eek: :confused:
That must be a lot indeed! So we desperately need available graphical developers and quality managers... And we could use some translators ;)
I really thought I had found someone on the French forums but I must have been wrong :dunno:

So! If someone wants to join us please feel free to do so! :)

I can still offer my assistance as a Historical Researcher / Writer if need be.

Are you interested in someone proofreading the Mod and bringing some of the bad english ( not even colonial english as I thought you were going for ) into line?

Generally, yes we are. :)
But we have had lots of offers for help that were not meant seriously ...

If you are really serious about your offer and really motivated to spend at least some work,
then we can have some discussions about how to organize it. :thumbsup:

My bad, I see you posted in a different forum.

What particular system would you like to use?

@community:

We are currently looking for people that might be interested to create "Let's Play ..." videos about our mod, after Release 1.2 is out.
(Which will be this weekend.)

The more videos there will be, the better. :)

My computer had to be reformatted. I lost all the updated stuff, so I don't know if I can be of any help as of this moment.

My computer had to be reformatted. I lost all the updated stuff, so I don't know if I can be of any help as of this moment.

Ok, no problem. :thumbsup:

Hi everybody, :wavey:

Religion and Revolution has become a gigantic mod with lots of new features and improvements.

However, certain topics have always been neglected a bit, since the active core team of the mod was always quite small.
The community on the other hand seems to have grown to a considerable size.
There are also already several people out there, that started to create their private ModMods.

There are many topics in the creation of a mod, that do not necessarily require excellent technological skills or deep knowledge.

Maybe some of these topics could be handled as self organized community projects.
Meaning that people from community would take responsibility for these topics and core team members would support if technical questions arise.

The results of these community projects could then of course flow back into the main project.

Possible community projects:

• Creation of further achievements (basic XML knowledge and 2D graphical skills required)
  • Creation of further events (basic XML and Python knowledge required)
  • Creation of further maps
  • Creation of "Let's Play Videos"
  • Creation of a guide thread that explains single features in detail (with screenshots)
  • Structured improvement of English texts
  • Structured improvement of German translations
  • Structured improvement of French translations

So if you are interested to take responsibility for such a topic and also are a reliable person, then please contact us. :thumbsup:
We will then discuss how that project can be organized and how you would get supported by core team members.

It would really be great, if community could help us to make this mod even better. :)

Hi am really motivated to help out in quality control and testing.
Also help with going through English text.
I have basic knowledge in XML.

Spent over 3 years in English speaking countries, so I consider my knowledge sufficient. I have som knowledge in German, but not much..lol

I have two months off before I begin my degree in Animation, so I have time enough on my hands. Only half a year experience in Java programming. I am going through the Python tutorials now, but I will not be able to be much help there yet - will take me a month or two to be comfortable there. Though Python seems "easier" compared to Java, especially when it comes to variables, no need to declare int float etc. variables can contain anything, love it! :)

Only game I am playing these days i R&R - love the mod :)

I made a "mod" for the game PolePosition under the pseudonym rivetM4n
"rivetM4n's Realistic 2010mod" -

If you want my services I am here.

* Creation of a guide thread that explains single features in detail (with screenshots)
(I could definitely have a go at this - 7 years experience in HTML and CSS, so I could make an online guide)

Hey Ray, just wanted to say that if you're looking for more testers for the upcoming release 1.8, you can def. count on me.

The testing that I am talking about is more related to structure testing.
Autoplay, structured testing of graphics, alpha testing of changes ...

The things that would currently need to be tested (since there were changes) are very specific.
(e.g. Trade Route System)

Of course we usually also did some playing to see how things feel before we published a release.
That will be missing for this release, but I guess we will do without this time.

So thanks for your offer. :thumbsup:
But in our current situation it does not make that much sense.

Also, I realized that RaR isn't listed in the downloads page.

True, but I always thought that I should only put something there, if the download itself was hosted here at CivFanatics.
And the download of our mod is simply too big for CivFanatics (and most other sites) ...

I can add a gif and a link to the latest release if you want.

Well, I guess I could try to do that myself (or Schmiddie could) when Release 1.8 is finally published. :thumbsup:

True, but I always thought that I should only put something there, if the download itself was hosted here at CivFanatics.
They have a "link to URL" field at the bottom for that exact reason since CivFanatics hosts only files upto 10MB, although it's a bit easy to miss. :scan:

Could I nominate this mod, on the forum, for the civilization mod of the week? If accepted it would be featured on Facebook. I will also need the authors approval and a short description. Let me know if this is remotely feasible.

Could I nominate this mod, on the forum, for the civilization mod of the week?

Of course. :)

I will also need the authors approval and a short description.

You do have the approval to nominate our mod.

I will supply you with a short description by tomorrow.
(I had a pretty hard week and am really tired now.)

Thanks for wanting to nominate us. :thumbsup:

Edit:

Ok, I wrote some short description.

Spoiler :

Religion and Revolution is a huge mod for "Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization" developed by an international team of passionate modders.
It has been developed over years. We created many features of our own but also adapted many interesting features of the rest of the modding community.
In fact, the original idea was to try bringing together the best work of the complete community in one single gigantic mod.

Today it is still the largest overhaul mod that exist for Civilization IV: Colonization and we still publish new releases regularly.
A lot of attention has been paid to all areas of modding. Coding, graphics, sounds, music, texts, translations and all other parts were always developed with quality in mind.
We were tryting to ensure stability, performance, authenticity and good game play in each single release.

We do hope that the community likes what we did and enjoys playing our mod.

In our forum, you can thoroughly inform yourself about our project or join our discussions.
A good overview (including a download link) can be found in our thread [Religion and Revolution]: Welcome ! (Read first please.).

If that shouldn't be enough text I could write more of course.

I am also suppose to post a link to the mod's thread with the description, and any other links you may find it useful to post. Could you include the link(s) in the description? Thanks

@PatriotNorwood:
I posted the description of our mod in the nomination thread myself.
(It is probably even a bit more "official", if I do that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom