Maps of NESing V

Mapmaking is actually not that hard. There was a site named Cartographers Guild back in the day, I learned everything from there. I'm not sure if its still up but I'd suggest any mapmaker to visit that site and look at some of the tutorials. The basic stuff is really easy to learn.

Could someone make me an original fantasy map? Preferably a single continent with some islands surrounding. Rivers and lakes would be good, but I could add them in myself if you don't do them.

It would be awesome if you could do this.

Has anyone used this before?

http://donjon.bin.sh/world/

I'm trying it for a WIP NES concept and it's quite good.

EDIT: @Arrow Gamer: How about this? It's from the generator:

Spoiler :

I guessed it might have been used before - it's the first result in Google for 'fractal world generator' - but I thought it was worth reposting in case it was a first.

Tried messing around with that generator and got this.
Spoiler :

Seed: 1234567890

It seems like it would have a large cradle area and plenty of options for naval strategy.

Some more maps from that generator that I think would be fun in an NES:
Spoiler :

Seed: 23456789101112131415

Spoiler :

Seed: 2345678910111213141516171819202122

Spoiler :

Seed: 1022366198

In case you haven't noticed, I'm having fun with it :p

EDIT: For some reason they change every time I try to edit this post.... weird o.o

I've tried using that one before, but I was never quite satisfied with how it turned out, to be honest. It tends to either look like overkill or supercontinents, you don't often get multiple continents with decent shapes...

This is the one I'm working on:

Spoiler :

It wasn't too bad. You have to tinker with the settings a bit to get good ones.

edit: Well, now I know I won't be uploading the final one as a .png

Looks really nice! What is it? A map? A NES? Both?

It's a map for my new NES. :)

Finished (for now) maps:

Spoiler With cultures :

Spoiler Without :

I'm working on it! :)

That's certainly part of it :p

I'll be posting some stuff in the NES development thread as soon as I have it, and a pre-thread is also incoming, so keep an eye out. :)

Top Bottom