Petra 3.81

For some reason (I have been out of the loop for a week) the :c5production: on deserts for Petra has been removed. It also looks like the :c5gold: has been removed from it.

The text in the pedia is unchanged so it is either an error in the code or the text hasn't been updated. I really hope it is not going to stay that way.

I'll look into it.

The hammer removal was a while ago, or at least one of those was. I'm not sure I remember what the logic was either, but I remember it was deliberate.

Removing both gold and hammers doesn't make any sense though.

This is, IMO, a mistake to change Petra in such a way. Just what is it good for now?

Just what is it good for now?

Most of the value is in the extra trade route, especially if you have Korea or Pacal as a neighbor. It's pretty common in those situations for Petra to be as good a research building as a library, while also generating some food and gold.

You just can't look at it as something that's going to be an automatic target in any desert spot, it's much more situational now and there are definitely going to be times you should skip building it despite having a desert capitol.

I would imagine it was considered potentially overpowered with the food and hammers. Though uncommon, in the right location, with lots of freshwater desert and hills, it probably was.

Top Bottom