AI and Armies

timerover51

Deity
I have been working on Play the World with the Test of Time scenario trying to figure out a way to adjust how it works with respects to Leaders and Armies. To simplify things, I set up a test scenario, using the 200 X 200 map of Europe that comes with the game. I am playing the Americans, while I have the Celts, the Japanese, and the Egyptians as my opponents. I have learned quite a bit, including that with the finish improvements box checked for Armies, it can finish Wonders, City Improvements, Units, and be converted to Wealth. Also, if you set another unit, besides the Leader, with the "Build Army" and "Finish Improvements" boxes checked, and the "Leader" selected in the "Unit Abilities" menu, the unit is buildable as desired, and finished things like the Armies do.

With respect to the AI using Armies, the test scenario was quite enlightening. I have four buildings set to allow the building of Armies: The Heroic Epic, Sun Tzu's Art of War, the Military Academy, and the Pentagon. As near as I can tell, all three of my opponents build The Heroic Epic. The Celts then actually built several Armies, and used them on me, in a couple of cases, using their Army against one of mine. I apologize for not taking screen shots, but I do have the SAV prior to major Army combat if anyone is interested. In one case, the Celts stacked their Army with additional units to hit one of my Armies. Quite an intelligent use for the AI.

I am planning to experiment with the Vanilla version of the game, as well as Conquests and see what happens. Aside from being interesting, I have having a blast doing this.

Top Bottom