Role in the History Series Preview

Hi Sandris,

I have to bump this thread, as the leaderheads shown by you are too good to forget them. :) CCM could especially need Richard I "The Lionheart" and Ivan the Terrible (and may be Louis XIV "Le Roi-Soleil").

Thank you very much for the information Ares :) - and please take the time you need. You do such a lot of work for us civers. :)

:bump:

Hope remains that one day you will be able to finish this amazing project. It would be great to replace Firaxis Joan and Catherine with your Louis and Peter. :)

Some time ago I gave all of my leaderhead-pcx-stuff to Ares de Borg for conversion, but he is busy and has not finished the work yet. :)

Hello Ares, I just sent you a pm. :)

Hey guys, sorry for letting you down, but RL really drains my time. T-mun, if you could send me a PM, I could send you the LHs and we could get them out of the door.

I have to bump again this thread (and I will do that in the future, too :)) :bump::bump::bump:

Can you please post the flics at least for the Louis XIV leaderhead as they are needed urgently for the new settings of CCM version 2. I don´t need the pcx-work as I can do that myself (after the good instructions I received by Vuldacon some years ago). I contacted T-mun and he doesn´t have the flics.

Are the flics for these wonderful looking leaderheads lost ??

The advisor image for CCM version2 (with the preview images of Louis XIV in this thread) are still done, but the flics are needed...
Here you can see the eraspecific leaderheads for France: Karl the Great, Louis XIV, Napoleon (who not exactly fits to era 3 in CCM and eventually must be replaced, too) and de Gaulle.

For several years all my Civ3-stuff was gone. Or at least I thought so... A couple of months ago I`ve accidentally recovered most of it.

As for the leaderheads, they are outdated and need better graphics, need to be remade. Also, I`m not sure if they are needed now by the rest of Civ 3 community... if it really deserves time... while we have Civ 5 and Civ 6... still don`t know yet... :)

As for the leaderheads, they are outdated and need better graphics, need to be remade. Also, I`m not sure if they are needed now by the rest of Civ 3 community... if it really deserves time... while we have Civ 5 and Civ 6... still don`t know yet... :)

Frankly, Civ5 and 6 are very disappointing compared to III and IV. I foresee myself playing Civ3 long into the future. There will always be a playerbase for this magnificent game, so any effort you put in, Sandris, is greatly appreciated. Your work is legendary.

Tony, this is a very good bump. :clap:

For several years all my Civ3-stuff was gone. Or at least I thought so... A couple of months ago I`ve accidentally recovered most of it.

Sandris, it´s great, that you found a lot of your Civ 3 stuff again. :) When looking at your leaderheads, I don´t agree, that they are outdated. I think they are marvelous. The leaderhead in CCM2 for France in era 2 is Louis XIV. It has the advisor graphics I posted in post 34 of this thread:

And now I show you the current leaderhead graphics of CCM2 for Louis XIV:

Nothing against this leaderhead, but it is Napoleon -not Louis XIV. Sandris, if you have the graphics of the Louis XIV. leaderhead, please post them and let others decide if they think these leaderheads are outdated or if they are still up to date. If you post what you have, there is no debate about investing much time in it. C3C still has a faithful fanbase and it is the last version of the Civ series that doesn´t use those - in my eyes - awful 3D graphics -making it timeless. I´m doing an update of CCM2 and I would be glad, if your Louis XIV leaderhead could be a part of CCM2. You can do an update of your leaderheads later, if you decide, that you will do such an update. There are many updates of posted versions in C3C, including leaderheads from Rob or soon updates of CCM2 or of Worldwide.

Please post your current leaderheads! :)

Attachments

• NPb01.gif
    NPb01.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 380
Sandris, I agree wholeheartedly with everything Civinator said above. I think the previews of these leaderheads look terrific and should fit in well with many classic graphics that hold up even after many years (including your units). The new version of my mod has switched to single era leaderheads primarily so we can take advantage of the great artwork created by ShiroKobbure and also the work you previewed here, most especially Louis XIV and Peter the Great. Although the forums are quiet, there are still a lot of people here downloading material and new mods being made such as Gwendoline's.

If you decide to make new versions, well then so much the better!

Top Bottom