Editor Rules - Explained

Not 100% sure. But I think it still does. I did a similar test before.

K.

Question: If Building A requires Building B in the city and Building B no longer exists or functions, does Building A still function? I guess what I'm asking is, does the required improvement dependency affect functionality or only availability? Also, if a city loses the resource required for a building, doesn't that building stop functioning?
If you lose a marketplace then a bank will still work, so I assume that improvement availability is affected but not functionality.

I think that if the city loses a resource needed for an improvement then it won't work. In RFRE there's a building that autoproduces a unit, and when I lost the resource needed to build it the units stopped spawning.

Some obervations on unitproducing buildings and resources:

1. The building of this imp:

If the production of this building needs a resource, it can only been built, when the city has access to that resource. If the resource must be in city radius, the building can only been built, when the resource is in city radius.

2. When the city of that building looses access to that resource:

a) The city must loose completely access to that resource to stop the unit autoproduction. To loose only access to a resource in city radius ( wich is needed to produce that building if it has this flag), is not enough to stop the autoproduction of a unit.

b) When the city, that hosts this building, regains access to the needed resource, the unit is autoproduced in the next turn, if the normal interval is reached or exceeded (p.e.: the building autoproduces a unit all 10 turns. In turn 7 it looses the complete accesss to the needed resource. In turn 15 it regains the access to that resource. The building will autoproduce the unit in turn 16).

c) It seems other functions of that building than autoproducing units are not influenced, if the city looses access to the needed resource.

These are the min/max values for unit stats, if you want to add them.
Shield Cost: 0/1000
Pop Cost: 0/255
Moves: 1/100
Trans Capacity: 0/100
Op Range: 0/362
Attack/Defense: 0/1000
HP Bonus: -20/20
Bombard: 0/1000
Range: 0/362
RoF: 0/10
Air Defense: 0/1000
Worker Str: 0/1000

Also, the "wheeled" definition should say "movement" not "transport" (unless there is also some kind of transport restriction I'm not aware of?)

K. Thanks! (And I'll update the others while I'm at it.)

Yeah, that's a C&P error.

You should make this into a pdf file and make it available for download.

Well, it has links in it meant to link to other more comprehensive guides. And I don't know how.

If you have Word 2007 then just copy and paste and save as pdf...but it's just a suggestion...

Question: (I was always curious about this one)

What does the terrain brush size in the map menu do?

That you go I ask it (probable a stupid question, but I don't know the answer, but I bet is very simple:rolleyes:).

Added a guide to adding units because of lazy thread necromancers. They might check here occasionally... Can't hurt.

Some oddities regarding Armies and Great Leaders....

Cities needed to support an Army: This number is checked against the number of "Army" (ability) units you have, not the "Build-Army" unit. For example, I had 7 cities and several (pre-placed) MGLs, 4 cities/Army limit. The Build-Army unit was Warrior. I could convert my MGLs into Warriors. Then I added an Army, and couldn't convert any more MGLs until I built an 8th city.
Build-Army unit Doesn't seem to have any special effects or limitations, it just replaces a MGL with whatever is specified.
Spawning Army (ability) units from a building does not check the cities required. You can spawn as many as you want, but converting a MGL will still check against these spawned units.
Battle-Created Unit can be anything, but whatever it is, you can only get 1 at a time (from battle). The limit is not apparently tied to the Leader unit ability, but to this setting.

Also, unrelated, a city tile gets a minimum of 2F/1S/1C no matter what.

Great thread.

I changed the flood plains terrain worker job to allow planting forest. I noticed that in the game the button for planting forest was there, worked, told how long it would take and the workers then began planting forest when assigned. But when they finished, there was no forest. The button was still there, too. So I assigned them the planting forest again and they planeted forest for the specified number of turns and again, when they finish, there was no forest.

Maybe I did something wrong or changed something else that would affect planting forests in flood plains when I made the edit? Are there restrictions with these worker jobs hardwired into the terrain or the jobs, other than the obvious things like chopping forest on hills? If there are, this would be a good thread to list them.

I'm hoping to create a real world scenario, how do I import a world map?

Question: can a HN unit load onto a normal transporting boat ?

Top Bottom