Work in progess and Previews

I want to have her be the head for India. Do you know any important Indian Queens?
Found another possibility, a good one I think:

Sembiyan Mahadevi was a Chola queen who lived from the mid 10th through the early 11th cent. CE. She outlived her husband (the ruling Raja) by 50 years, and while her male relatives and descendants were the military and political rulers of the enlarging Chola empire during her lifetime, she was the driving force behind the golden age of Tamil culture (see also art & architecture of Chola period). The Meenakshi Temple mentioned above as a possible background is a 17th cent. rebuilding (after Mughal destruction) of an ancient temple complex she would have endowed and elaborated.

An example of her cultural efforts:
"The Chola rule was the golden age of Tamil-speaking south India. Music and dance, poetry and drama, arts, sculpture and painting, jewelry-making and architecture, philosophy and religious thought reached new heights, with the temple as the center of all activity.

At the beginning of the Chola period, brick was abandoned in favor of stone as the medium for temple construction. The Chola queen Sembiyan Mahadevi had an extraordinary sense of historical awareness. She collected some twenty-six inscribed stones from an earlier brick temple dedicated to Shiva and ordered that the old inscriptions be reinscribed, marked as "copies", on the walls of the newly built stone temple." source of quote.

Wiki excerpts about her cultural effort here and here (ignore the academic aesthetic theory jargon, just read for her deeds). I'd think of her as like an Elizabeth I without the military endeavours.

:goodjob: Perfect. Now I have a leader for the Cholas in the "Conquest Dynasties" mod.

how is this?

Attachments

• bbbb.png
    bbbb.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 165
Viva il Duce/Ave Caesar!

Blurry backgrounds make the head itself look in focus. Keep the blur- it's a great effect!

The industrial Caesar looks GREAT! I think the blurred background is a plus, it keeps your attention on the leader himself.

For the Indian leaderhead Sembiyan Mahadevi sounds like a good choice to me as well (...though now I have to bump someone to add the Cholas to my game! :lol:).

Top Bottom