Meet the Modders

I haven't owned a cell phone in close to a decade, no camera, no webcam; so I have no capability of recording images of any type, shape, or form. So no pics!
If you are good with paint and have a mirror, do an autoportrait

I've always had problems with webcams. Perhaps i am buying the cheapest ones, but their image quiality is horrible :shake:
Did you try them with someone else? Perhaps the problem is not in the webcam, but on the subject you want to film :mischief:

Hi all, I've read most of your posts and find that I have a little in common with almost all of you. If nothing else, I've probably been in your state or country. I been in all fifty states at one time or another, six of the seven continents ( not antartica ) and 10 or 11 countries. I am from New England too SoG. Spent a few weeks in your country too Steph, in a little town called Aubagne. I was there on TDY. That town you were born in El Justo, is it anywhere near Arlington? I spent quite abit of time there. ( That was a long time ago.) Saw Neil Diamond at the Spectrum and watch Hondo (Havlecheck) play his last game there triple overtime. Takhisis, I don't think I've been in Argentina, but I did spend a little time in Columbia, But that was way before you were born. 16 years to be exact. My grandparents on my mothers side were from France and Belgium. I stopped in at Ghent and visited the cathedral there. They have great geneological archives. Had to check that out before going home after I got discharged from Landstuhl. So that covers Germany. That was after my two week visit to Turkey.
I guess my favorite place in the whole world tho would be right here where I am now. Here in the Philippines. I was first introduced the the oriental cultural lifestyle back in 1968. Myself and eight of the closest friends I ever had spent a couple of years strolling around SouthEast Asia taking in the sites and partying with the locals. It was great, it was fun, but it wasn't great fun. Left with a few souveniers, some great memories ( and some not so great ) and a deep burning desire to return. I was flown back DC for a little rest and recoopperation at Walter Reed then I went to Fayetteville NC to share my experiences with a bunch of other fellas who had a burning desire to visit the places I had been.
That burning desire I mentioned just wouldn't let me go, so I hopped on a plane and made a trip to Korea and Japan just to see how everybody was doing over there. Acquired a taste for kimshi and raw fish. Got disappointed when I found out Guisha wasn't exactly what I thought it should be, but that turned out OK.
Tried retiring early but after a couple years I was getting pretty bored, so as you can imagine I wasn't terrible disappointed when an old friend called and told me that there were some people Down in Panama that were . . . dying to meet me.

Well long story short, I am retired now and living in the Philippines. I have a beautiful girlfriend ( 23 years old ) that treats me like a king. ( spoils me rotten and I love it and her ). I turn 60 in June. I'm a Gemini. Say didn't I see another Gemini here? I have been playing strategy games ever since I came across a board game called Tactics back in 1978. So when Civilzations came out it was only natural that I had to have it and I've been playing with it ever since. I lurked around this site for about a year and finally joined in 2005. I have always edited scenarios that I have downloaded here and just recently started modding my own scenarios.

Politics? I don't have any. I'm a Jeffersonian. My grandfather once asked me if knew what 100 politicians at the bottom of the ocean would be. I said no, what would it be? He said, a good start. Politicians are like bananas. Their all yellow, crooked and hang around in bunches.

When ever I get to thinking that things are looking pretty bad, I remember one particular night I spent on top of a hill named hill 65, I tell my self, well I guess this ain't that bad.

I remember asking my good friend Doc Moc that nite.
What do you think Doc?
He said, I been all over the world.
I've seen things you wouldn't believe.
I once saw a monkey have sex with elephant,
But I ain't NEVER seen anything like this.

I'd have to find a picture of myself around the place, I have one that is more than a year older but it's slightly embarrassing. :blush:
More recent picture (last summer vacation), with wife and children
<image snipped>
Well, you don't look exactly the same, of course those sunglasses make your face look different, but you look a tad, um, well, older, y'know. :dunno:
Did you try them with someone else? Perhaps the problem is not in the webcam, but on the subject you want to film :mischief:
Are you claiming that i am negating the camera's worth due to my form?
I am not a Vampire you know :p
Actually, we don't know. You may siply be a man whose body transforms into that of an oversized bat at night.
Takhisis, I don't think I've been in Argentina, but I did spend a little time in Columbia, But that was way before you were born. 16 years to be exact.
So you were(n't) here during the chaotic '70s. It's been going downhill ever since I arrived here for good in '97.
But Colombia is better now than in the '70s, from what I've heard.
The Guardian said:
Well long story short, I am retired now and living in the Philippines. I have a beautiful girlfriend ( 23 years old ) that treats me like a king. ( spoils me rotten and I love it and her ). I turn 60 in June. I'm a Gemini. Say didn't I see another Gemini here?
Living the good life, I'd say.
The Guardian said:
I have been playing strategy games ever since I came across a board game called Tactics back in 1978. So when Civilzations came out it was only natural that I had to have it and I've been playing with it ever since. I lurked around this site for about a year and finally joined in 2005. I have always edited scenarios that I have downloaded here and just recently started modding my own scenarios.
So, you're my dad with a couple years of age added, except he's gone into shooters and arcades.
The Guardian said:
Politics? I don't have any. I'm a Jeffersonian. My grandfather once asked me if knew what 100 politicians at the bottom of the ocean would be. I said no, what would it be? He said, a good start. Politicians are like bananas. Their all yellow, crooked and hang around in bunches.
Politicians are bananas.

The Guardian: Sounds like you've got it made. Seen the world. Retired to a nice warm country with a younger girlfriend who you love by your side and, I imagine, plenty of time to play Civ. I hope I can say the same when I'm retired (minus the younger girl-friend, as my wife is only 2 years younger than me and I anticipate we'll still be together then).

Nick

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar :hatsoff:

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar :hatsoff:
Officers are Gentlemen, ( By an act of congress, and I haven't seen them get anything right yet.)
Scholar ? War is the greatest tragedy that mankind has ever experienced. But so long as there is mankind, there will be war. Morality is entirely dependent on the belief of the mortality or immortality of the soul. These are the things that scholars have debated for more than 5000 years
As Doc Moc once said, There are three things that I know are absolute certainties, There is a God, I am not him, and no one gets out of here alive. So, enjoy it while your here. :goodjob:

My name is Goldflash and I used to be very quite somewhat slightly important in the Civ 3 modding community. I made a crappy garbage mod calle "Goldflash's Altered Tech Tree Mod" that was dumb and garbage and unimportant. I also allegedly worked on a Star Trek mod but mostly I didn't. I tried to run the Warhammer 40K mod project but that blew up in my face and fizzled and then restarted and then I didn't care anymore. I was involved in soem sort of asain mod but nobody liked my ideas so everyone quit and decided to make their own (I continued to not care). I'm mostly notable for getting some requests made (such as the Modern Cavalry from Bebro), inventing unit lotteries, making a leader head database thread that was rendered obolete by the database a freaking week after I finished, and proclaiming that aaglo eats trees. I haven't touched Civ 3 in eons and I probably never will again (though there are still alot of cool things being made).I enjoyed the eyeballs off of Civ IV but I've stopped playing that, too. Hell, I'm holding out for Civ V.

Yeah, ya'all will probably never see me again.

Don't Get used to it. I was playing Civ4Col and I popped in becasue I was feeling nostaligic.

I was at one point planning a Civ IV mod where (among other things) you got to blow up my house. Man, that would have been awesome. Maybe I'll do it in Civ V.

Last edited:
Whether or not we'll see you again, it was nice to see you one more time. Take care, and you'll always be welcome here, our pirate friend. :ninja: (We need a pirate smilie available)

Anyone here ever been to a reunion of their elementary school class?
It turns out that mine has been having a number of reunions without me. I'll probably be in the next one. In fact i will definately be in the next one, since from their photos they seem to have aged badly, whereas i am being told i don't look as old as i am (31) :D

Top Bottom