Final Fixes Reborn

Also, I think the Elohim visiting UFs and getting traits might be broken, as they can get so many traits this way that it makes them rather OP

Pacifist is really, really, really crappy. You become completely dependent on either out-teching rivals (good luck against a human player, given your reliance on the religious line and their option to go arcane) or religious heroes and very slow offensives. Their plethora of available traits lets them stay competitive, but you're not going to smash anyone but the AI who already lose to almost any strategy they can't counter by building lots of axeman/hunters/archers.

Although it does make Thessalonica the only real choice for leadership - Ethne gets Spiritual and Expansive, right? Those are the easiest two to pick up as the game tends to weight the relevant features pretty heavily for your start-point.

BUGS AND TYPOS

Overcouncil (and probably Undercouncil) still refer to you as the Secretary-General of the UN when their resolution pops up. Is there a TXT key somewhere that could change that to, say, Reverent-Sage (or Master of Paths for the Undercouncil)?

When Ophelia is offered the Gift, her options are take the Gift or continue. If she continues she doesn't get the Gift but it still SAYS that she does.

Not really a bug, but as a note Ophelia without the Gift gets Korinna, the Risen Emperor, and religious freedom in exchange for her single trait being lame. This is, again, not really unbalancing because the Scion early game is pretty rough, but it's about a trillion times better than Ophelia with the Gift and it also makes her better than Korinna and arguably better than the Risen Emperor (Charismatic vs. religion is hard to judge, really, especially since the Scions have their own priests).

Pacifist is really, really, really crappy. You become completely dependent on either out-teching rivals (good luck against a human player, given your reliance on the religious line and their option to go arcane) or religious heroes and very slow offensives. Their plethora of available traits lets them stay competitive, but you're not going to smash anyone but the AI who already lose to almost any strategy they can't counter by building lots of axeman/hunters/archers.
It's "funny": I remember answering lemonjelly on the same topic some time ago

@lemonjelly : please look at the spreadsheet when you want something. ctrl+f "elohim" or "unique feature" would have showed you item 94 in the bug spreadsheet, and I wouldn't have to write this instead of solving problems.

@Viatos: thanks for bringing another experience of that civ. :)

BUGS AND TYPOS

Overcouncil (and probably Undercouncil) still refer to you as the Secretary-General of the UN when their resolution pops up. Is there a TXT key somewhere that could change that to, say, Reverent-Sage (or Master of Paths for the Undercouncil)?
I already saw this and took a screenshot. But I still have 243 screenshots of bugs to add to the spreadsheet. :(
Anyway, I like your ideas for new names.

When Ophelia is offered the Gift, her options are take the Gift or continue. If she continues she doesn't get the Gift but it still SAYS that she does.

Yeah, after some code reading, I realized that's another bug: I found several events with one real choice and "continue" and it looks like someone didn't know exactly how to write events. (I don't blame him or her. Everyone makes mistakes)

The first example is obvious:
D'teshi civ, event "Lord of Death has found us"
Lore: Arawn is the lord of Death. D'tesh supports Laroth in his putsch against Arawn. So this event is something dangerous for them.
The real consequence is 3 turns of disorder. But you can use the bug and hit "continue" to avoid any bad consequence.

Conclusion: These popups should provide no choice. It's an information to the player that something important happens. Ophelia HAS TO take the Gift to become a Scion.

edit: I think I know why the coder chose this way: If I'm not mistaken, the popup for gift appears with ophelia and bannors too (coder didn't add python code requiring civilization=Scions), so gift appears greyed and continue is then the only option available.

Note (mainly to myself) : I have to add a <PythonCanDo>cantapplyBannor</PythonCanDo> to the Gift event, and create py cantapplyBannor (existing model with scions and dtesh), and remove continue from gift options.

Sorry, I realize this isn't exactly OT, but can someone point me to a good place to learn the lore of the various peoples of RIFE? I realize I'm driving a bit blind not knowing much of anything about their back-stories...

And awesome seeing such good work getting done for this mod-mod+mod-mod-mods. :)

Well, we used to have a wiki, but that's been taken down, since GreyFox decided not to keep his domain.

Other than that, it's all in the heads of us devs, and in some online development documents that have been sitting around for so long none of us remember them, more or less.

Not really related, but I always thought it was a shame the Ngomele were never ported to RifE, especially since Opera joined the RifE team. I wonder how hard it would be to port them to RifE...

It's "funny": I remember answering lemonjelly on the same topic some time ago

@lemonjelly : please look at the spreadsheet when you want something. ctrl+f "elohim" or "unique feature" would have showed you item 94 in the bug spreadsheet, and I wouldn't have to write this instead of solving problems.

Whoops! Sorry, I'll make sure I check in future.

Anyway, love the new 'pedia!

And reefs say they give 15% damage/turn, but they don't. I think Kael commented out the code in the DLL that actually gives the damage out.

Not really related, but I always thought it was a shame the Ngomele were never ported to RifE, especially since Opera joined the RifE team. I wonder how hard it would be to port them to RifE...

Not terribly. The code for the Ngomele exists, so you can download that and look at it, and some of its crucial architecture (city population caps, f'rex) was ported into RIFE. It'd just take a lot of time and dedication.

BUGS

The Ash Field thing is incredibly disruptive. I have three in my BFC and another just outside it; the whole volcano event chance really needs to be cut down, by like 3/4ths. Every game should not have everyone's capital with a volcano.

As noted, reefs don't do anything. Not that I have too much of a problem with that given the immense strength of Dragon Turtles and/or multiple Sea Serpents in an area.

The Malakim can't seem to build caravan routes, at least under Decius, and looking at Dunespeakers all it grants them is trade on deserts. Did this change at some point?

Capturing a unit with a leash preserves the leash for lair and mana guardians. Possible to remove this?

The "your unit gains the Orcish race" event you get from killing goblins and whatnot still fires like 400% too often. I've gotten it four times in a turn from a 5-stack of goblins. It seems like it's close to a 50% trigger chance.

Hippogriffs and Griffons both build their own Weyr. The Hippogriff is +1 Happy, +3 gold, and you can airlift units; the Griffon doesn't allow airlifting but gives +3 culture and some defense. Rocs, the final form, can't build anything at all.

Captured drakes (brass, but not black; maybe red) are god-tier siege units thanks to Meteor but cannot build Chained Drake buildings; there are two units of each color in the 'Pedia, and the kind that can build is the kind you don't capture via Subdue Animal (may not exist in the game at all). Black drakes can't Meteor. I really don't think any of them should be able to Meteor.

The Austrin's Summon Pegasus spell was meant to work like the Great Commander's Command Post/lolfort option, once and done for each mage; instead it works like a Priest of Leaves' Summon Tiger, every time the pegasus joins a unit they can summon a new one, eventually putting their whole civilization into the air.

Hello. Salut.

Is there people who play this modmod in multi ? I would like to do it. ;)

My Skype is "joffreygaultier".

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvSpellInterface", line 93, in canCast

File "<string>", line 0, in ?

File "CvSpellInterface", line 7121, in reqAustrinRemoteFound

ArgumentError: Python argument types in
    CyPlot.getFoundValue(CyPlot)
did not match C++ signature:
    getFoundValue(class CyPlot {lvalue}, int)
ERR: Python function canCast failed, module CvSpellInterface

BUGS
The Ash Field thing is incredibly disruptive. I have three in my BFC and another just outside it; the whole volcano event chance really needs to be cut down, by like 3/4ths. Every game should not have everyone's capital with a volcano.
BFC?

I'm reading the file now. (...\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise from Erebus\Assets\XML\Events\CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml)
Do you have the same values as me ?
For <Type>EVENTTRIGGER_VOLCANO</Type>, I read<iWeight>100</iWeight>
For <Type>EVENTTRIGGER_VOLCANO_CREATION</Type>, I read <iWeight>400</iWeight>

For example, I just saw that mary morbus event (EVENTTRIGGER_MARY) has a weight of 4000. So that one has a probability of appearance ten times more important (provided you've built an alchemy lab)
And lots of events have a weight of 200 or 400.

I checked the file on sourceforge (RifE 1.41 version) and it has the same values as mine. (--> it's not a typo I added)

I've no further ideas on that problem right now.
If someones wants to spend some time extracting all events info to check which ones can happen all the time (no prerequisite) and

The Malakim can't seem to build caravan routes, at least under Decius, and looking at Dunespeakers all it grants them is trade on deserts. Did this change at some point?
If something was changed for Malakim roads, it was well before I took the project other. I don't remember seing this civ building roads.

Capturing a unit with a leash preserves the leash for lair and mana guardians. Possible to remove this?
Don't know (yet) what a leash is. -> added to spreadsheet ; will study later

The "your unit gains the Orcish race" event you get from killing goblins and whatnot still fires like 400% too often. I've gotten it four times in a turn from a 5-stack of goblins. It seems like it's close to a 50% trigger chance.

Oh, I studied that code recently.
The probability is really easy to see in python
Code:
	if pUnit.getUnitType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_GOBLIN') or pUnit.getUnitType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_GOBLIN_SCORPION_CLAN'):
		if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(1000, "Goblin2")<100:
which means if your enemy is goblin, there is a one in ten chance of having the event
(soren random 1000 is from 0 to 999, so 100 chances out of 1000)

If you want to confirm it statistically by self-experience, you can use the world builder to spawn dozens of them and kill them.

Hippogriffs and Griffons both build their own Weyr. The Hippogriff is +1 Happy, +3 gold, and you can airlift units; the Griffon doesn't allow airlifting but gives +3 culture and some defense. Rocs, the final form, can't build anything at all.

Captured drakes (brass, but not black; maybe red) are god-tier siege units thanks to Meteor but cannot build Chained Drake buildings; there are two units of each color in the 'Pedia, and the kind that can build is the kind you don't capture via Subdue Animal (may not exist in the game at all). Black drakes can't Meteor. I really don't think any of them should be able to Meteor.

The Austrin's Summon Pegasus spell was meant to work like the Great Commander's Command Post/lolfort option, once and done for each mage; instead it works like a Priest of Leaves' Summon Tiger, every time the pegasus joins a unit they can summon a new one, eventually putting their whole civilization into the air.

Never tried any of this --> copied to spreadsheet

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvSpellInterface", line 93, in canCast

File "<string>", line 0, in ?

File "CvSpellInterface", line 7121, in reqAustrinRemoteFound

ArgumentError: Python argument types in
    CyPlot.getFoundValue(CyPlot)
did not match C++ signature:
    getFoundValue(class CyPlot {lvalue}, int)
ERR: Python function canCast failed, module CvSpellInterface

Big Fat Cross - the radius of workable tiles for a normal city.

Do you have the same values as me ?
For <Type>EVENTTRIGGER_VOLCANO</Type>, I read<iWeight>100</iWeight>
For <Type>EVENTTRIGGER_VOLCANO_CREATION</Type>, I read <iWeight>400</iWeight>

I do. Examining it, this is the same weight given to Constellation events which also have no prerequisites; that seems a bit frequent. Maybe reducing it to 200?

f something was changed for Malakim roads, it was well before I took the project other. I don't remember seing this civ building roads.

It seems to be intentional, since the desert auto-connects their resources now and they get an extra Move on the desert.

Don't know (yet) what a leash is. -> added to spreadsheet ; will study later

Promotions which limit the distance a unit can move from the tile they spawned on (usually max range of 1). Lair guardians and mana guardians each have their own version of it. So it's basically removing a promotion on capture.

Maybe not a bug as much, but barbarians can spawn on tiles that you've currently got visibility on, which is annoying.

Looking at the AI, one thing I'm wondering is why they have so many units protect their workers, it might be a good idea but they have just as many units looking after their workers as they do in their cities! Also they don't seem to be very good at stacking workers, but that might just be because I'm a massive fan of stacking workers.

They probably shouldn't build forts on tiles that they should be working either, had a game where I let the AI take over my civ, had a hill which was 6hammers (because of events) and the AI built a fort on it.

Also in general they seem to make some very strange tech choices regarding religions (why would the Malakim found Empy, Order AND White Hand?) but obviously it's a bit difficult to improve.

Looking at the AI, one thing I'm wondering is why they have so many units protect their workers, it might be a good idea but they have just as many units looking after their workers as they do in their cities! Also they don't seem to be very good at stacking workers, but that might just be because I'm a massive fan of stacking workers.

It's the only thing that saves them from canny players with unusual mobility options (dwarven peak movement, Flying, etc). Human players in PVP should be taking notes.

As for the stacking workers thing, it seems like it should be bad but they do a pretty fantastic job of managing their resources anyway, in my experience.

They probably shouldn't build forts on tiles that they should be working either, had a game where I let the AI take over my civ, had a hill which was 6hammers (because of events) and the AI built a fort on it.

They can still work the fort, and for the Khazad it's ideal - but for everyone else, a hill like that is the first logical target of pillaging, right? I mean the best defense is "think like a human about what's happening with this invasion and swarm the recon hero with Boar's Blood before he completely ruins your life" but since they can't do that, sometimes their eccentricities protect them.

Wow, interest for the Ngomele? I didn't think there was any :D

I don't remember if I've posted here already but great work Ronkhar. Kinda gives me the feels and desires to come back to RifE.

Maybe not a bug as much, but barbarians can spawn on tiles that you've currently got visibility on, which is annoying.

I think the reason for this is that it would be too easy to stop barbarians spawning in a very large area when utilizing hawks.

First off, thanks everyone for contributing to making this mod work much better:D. I haven't played it too much, but what I see is great.

Me and a friend started a multi-player game, and he was getting killed off, so we stopped playing that game. I was doing good as the Dural, and I wanted to play on my own. Whenever I play the game, it crashes after a turn or two. Hopefully this bug can be fixed.

Attachments

• Dural.CivBeyondSwordSave
    258.9 KB · Views: 211
Wow, interest for the Ngomele? I didn't think there was any :D

I don't remember if I've posted here already but great work Ronkhar. Kinda gives me the feels and desires to come back to RifE.

Immense, ever since the vahua showed up and I went and looked at the original mod. It is a terrible shame that they never made it in. I especially liked the Eye-Eater's mechanics.

Top Bottom