Scenario Properties - Players problem

Nathiri

Commander
Ive been doing some experiments in the editor and I came across this problem.

I want to put all civs in the 2nd era, and have the 1st era complete. But the 1st era I have some unique techs that only certain civs have and those techs have some unique buildings for that civ. When I put all civs directly in the 2nd era via the 'Initial Era' option, every civ also gets those unique techs and so gets those unique buildings as well and this also causes a little problem in the Tech Tree as I have the techs in the same coordinates and they glitch back and forth between them when hovering over them. I already have the 4 initial free tech slots filled in the Civilizations Tab and so I thought I could assign more through the Players Tab by unchecking Civilization Defaults and then giving all of the 1st era techs excluding the other unique techs that the particular civ I was doing was not supposed to have. This did work for the era problem but the civ assigned to Player 1 had priority ruler name and so in the Player Setup every civ had the same ruler Name that the Player 1 civ had, although it did not have the same title. In the Players Tab, each Player (civ) had their proper ruler names and team colours as default as I had not edited that.

Just to make this clear before hand, these unique techs are already setup and when you are in the first era, only the civs that I have set can research their unique techs, but when you set the 'Initial Era' to the next era it gives all techs in the previous era regardless if that civ does not have the free civ-specific prerequisite for that unique tech upon normal start.

Top Bottom