Civ Gold + Revolution

Terradive

Warlord
I am trying to combine two mods. Civ gold 4.0 and Revolutions 1.65. I've patched up to 3.17. I have the patch for Gold 4.0. I created a folder called Revolutions. Put the files in it in their appropriate order. Deleted the cache. The mod load loads but when I go to start a game it craps out on me. I had this setup working with Revolutions 1.4 and Gold 3.0. Was very stable and fun. But I can't get this to work. Any suggestions? None of the files overlap... I would like to include Revolutions DCM but I'm pretty stubborn on using Gold 4.0. I like the greater choices of Civilizations to play... So can anyone help?

I would also like to get DCM in there if possible but that looks like it is goign to involve editing the dll.

Hmmm ...

How have you installed Civ Gold? As a mod or in Custom Assets or ...?

Also, how have you installed Revolution to work with Civ Gold exactly? Did you create a folder called Revolution (no 's') and place it in your Program Files\ .... \BTS\Mods folder? Does the Revolution folder have the Assets folder in it?

If it crashes when attempting to start a game, that usually means an install problem where the expectations between XML and the game DLL are not synced up because one or the other is not in the right place.

I installed it all under the c:\Program files\civ4\BTS\mods file. It's the default file and I'm just winging the exact folder path. In a folder called revolution. I first extracted revolutions then dropped it into the mod folder. I ran the extracter program for gold and installed it under the gold folder in mods . I then copy and pasted the indivual folders and items over mto the revolutions folder.

Well, there's not anything I can pick out from your description, it all sounds like a reasonable approach.

You might try using a program like winmerge to double check that you brought all of the files over (or try doing it again?), missing XML files could certainly cause this.

Civ Gold doesn't have new units? It seems like it really should ... Revolution defines some new unit fields (that are not currently used).

You might use my Tritium as an example - it has a lot of the Gold civs plus the Next War content (I eventually plan on doing a full merge of all three, plus some new stuff), and works almost flawlessly, even in its beta form, including an updated RebelTypes.py. If you have any specific questions, feel free to throw them at me.

Also, you do not have to edit the DLL; I currently have NwT v.9 rebuilt with RevDCM and working flawlessly so far.

You might use my Tritium as an example - it has a lot of the Gold civs plus the Next War content (I eventually plan on doing a full merge of all three, plus some new stuff), and works almost flawlessly, even in its beta form, including an updated RebelTypes.py. If you have any specific questions, feel free to throw them at me.

Also, you do not have to edit the DLL; I currently have NwT v.9 rebuilt with RevDCM and working flawlessly so far.
yep if only the download link worked

Top Bottom