Bug Reports

The popup when you start or load the game says 18? Which version of the mod do you have?

Also, if you press Ctrl-Shift-X and then click OK on the popup, does it correctly automate for 10 turns? I have a hard time imagining how you could get a max of 18 with a functioning copy of the mod, my guess is the DLL is incorrectly installed. Has to be named CvGameCoreDLL.dll in the Revolution/Assets/ folder.

The popup when you start or load the game says 18? Which version of the mod do you have?

Also, if you press Ctrl-Shift-X and then click OK on the popup, does it correctly automate for 10 turns? I have a hard time imagining how you could get a max of 18 with a functioning copy of the mod, my guess is the DLL is incorrectly installed. Has to be named CvGameCoreDLL.dll in the Revolution/Assets/ folder.

Ah I think that might be it, when I installed the 48 one it had a different name. I'll try renaming it and see if that fixes it. Thanks

Addit:Ya twas it

When it can't find the ini file, and you're sure it's there, delete all the Mod files and reinstall it. I had some old files in there, and it caused that error.

I started a game and quickly lost (popped a goody hut, gave me barbs right near my undefended capitol haha), and it asked me if I wanted to control a new civ. For the heck of it I hit "yes" and shifted control, however, it still displays the "waiting for other civs" and it never actually gets around to becoming my turn. I can't move any units, but I can't end my turn. I remember posting about this bug once before, but I just want to confirm that it is in the newest version.

I keep getting Python exceptions (which makes me suspect Revolution is the culprit ;)) whenever some diplomatic action with Spain occurs, whether it be AI or my own. I used AIAutoPlay, but it occurred three times before that too.

Ive just put in 0.90w
got rid of the old rev. mod before the fact
and cleared the cache
but when i selected the mod in the warlords mod menu
the game just closes, it doesnt load the new mod loading window, doesnt bring up any message or nout. just closes and then after about three minutes it dissapears from the windows task managers' processes list
any clues as to what to do?

Most likely it means something isn't installed correctly, so double-check that the Mods/Revolution folder has a bunch of things in it.

You can also set the mod to load automatically and see if that helps by changing the Mod = line in CivilizationIV.ini in My Games/Warlords to Mods/Revolution.

i re-installed and updated and it worked sweet
so no worries and thanks. Its brilliant.
just one question
is it possible to change the name of your own civ with dynamiccivnames active.
As it seems so far that it can be changed at the start but not afterwards, the leader name can but no the long, short or collective.
if it can't then no worries. and if it should be then i will muck about with the ini an that to see what ive done wrong.

I noticed an error with the Leadername system, in the event where there is no unique new leader. I had a custom name for a custom civ, which used by own name, but when the population asked for an election, which I lost, my successor reverted to the normal name. When I regained control, this name sticked. I had the same situation occur again, and as Roman numerals were at the end of this name, I had a sort of heir situation, the XII becoming XIII. It didn't go any further, thankfully.

I noticed an error with the Leadername system, in the event where there is no unique new leader. I had a custom name for a custom civ, which used by own name, but when the population asked for an election, which I lost, my successor reverted to the normal name. When I regained control, this name sticked. I had the same situation occur again, and as Roman numerals were at the end of this name, I had a sort of heir situation, the XII becoming XIII. It didn't go any further, thankfully.

Alright, I'll check it out. Thanks for the report. The roman numeral support is only really a hack, fyi. It turns II into III, but would turn III into IIII and other sillyness.

EDIT: Found issue, has been fixed for next version.

I just installed the mod (first time playing it) and it worked fine until I tried to build my first city. As soon as I pressed <B>, it quit and gave me the windows "CivIV Warlords has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry..."

I tried three times and it did the same thing each time. Any ideas?

I just installed the mod (first time playing it) and it worked fine until I tried to build my first city. As soon as I pressed <B>, it quit and gave me the windows "CivIV Warlords has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry..."

I tried three times and it did the same thing each time. Any ideas?

The released version (0.95w) is for Warlords 2.08, there will be a new version soon for 2.13. That would be my guess, but let me know if that's not the problem.

I just tried it again and this time it didn't even get to the game itself. It quit just as it was 'Finishing' the game startup. J'SUIS SI CONFUS!!

Top Bottom