unit attack value reseting to zero

illegal youth

Chieftain
sorry if this has been mentioned already, i did a search and couldn't find anything.

i got civ: rev on wednesday and have been playing it since. i've been working my way up the difficulty levels to get a feel for the game.

last night i was playing a game on warlord as the germans. i had upgraded an old legion army all the way to a panzer tank army using leo's workshop. this particular army had won 18 battles, so it was quite experienced. i had added infiltration to my army, and this army had received a great general to lead it. all in all, the modifiers i had were:

+50% warlord
+50% general
+50% infiltration
+50% veteran

i believe the panzer tank army has a basic attack of 30.

this is all from memory, and i don't have a screen shot from my ps3. i can check this again tonight after work.

here's where the problem comes in -- i went to attack a single unit of archers and the battle outcome preview gave my panzer tank army an attack of 0; the archers had a defense of 2. advantage archers, according to the game.

i didn't want to gamble the attack (this was my best unit in the game), but i think i have a recent save, so i could try and see what happens.

so, what gives? is this a bug? this kind of reminds me of a bug in x-com: ufo defense -- if your soldiers' stats went over the 255 limit (memory limitations), the stat would reset to zero.

has anyone else seen this?

This happened to me last night as well. I too was playing as the Germans. It was in a Multiplayer, player match with 2 friends. Unlike you I did not use Leo's Workshop. When I gained the tech for Panzers the first one out had a 0 for attack.

Top Bottom