Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Crime City

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

carmen510

Deity
NOTE: I am not abandoning the Kaiserreich NES, but it will inevitably end like all NESes do. So, to prepare for such an occasion when no more players/me are interested, I have several concepts for usage.

1. Go with my second original CarmenNES03 idea, the one about the Modern-Day NES. It would need updated work, but it garnered much interest.

2. Start an NES on the Neuropa alternate-history. Basically, Nazi Germany defeated the Soviets and France, but lost control of the southern half of Italy. Over the years, Germany meddles in the affairs of the decolonization period, as well as the Middle East. The NES would probably start in the modern-day, although any date above the 1980s would also be ideal.

3. Start yet another Fresh Start NES, it will probably be in another universe.

4. Start a "command-type" World War 2 NES. This NES will allow players to take any leadership position from division command and upwards. Note that I will remove all historical military leaders that never held a High Command position to allow players to start equally. This NES would most likely take place in the European (Possibly including the African) Theater in 1939, due to the fact the Pacific Theater's complications of navy, which I prefer to avoid mostly. This would likely be in a monthly update format.

5. Start a crime-based NES upon a random American city, where each gang's goal is to accumulate cash, dominate the other factions, and possibly even gain political leadership or influence. Based on how much crime is caused, the city/state government will respond accordingly, like hiring more police officers to martial law.

6. Any suggestions are appreciated as well. I may combine them with my other ideas, or take them if its really good. I will NOT do an Ancient Age NES, nor the multiple 1800s NESes which everyone has pretty much done.

I'd say, if your not done with your other NES, to continue with that other one until it does die, then start brainstorming. It is not good morale for your NESers who now know your mind is elsewhere.

But, in regards to the above question, they are reasonably interesting, esp. 1,2, and 4. I tend to now realize that NESes like 5 do not tend to work out well.

Fresh start would be nice, especially if it was set somewhere besides Earth.

Fresh non earth.

Finally a NES we (i.e. everyone) an enjoy Carmen.

Lets see some nice economic rules tho! ;)

I think the fifth one sounds interesting, although possibly only as a niche NES.

I think a fresh start, on a random map could be excellent with Carmens staying power :goodjob:

Fully agreed. I'd like to say that, if you can run this as consistently as you ran Space Colonization, we could make it to modern times.

It seems Non-Earth Fresh Start is the clear winner. I will post up a preliminary ruleset possibly in the next three months, due to the fact that I want to tie up any loose ends in Kaiserreich, by giving a blowout ending. Just as well, I will need time to plan.

My map-drawing skills are unfortunately less than adequate, so I may need to have people rework my map as appropriate, I will not have the entire map available from the start, but I will tell you that I will have all the cradles spaced relatively close to eachother, and that there will be 9 major continents, with several archipelagos. The world will also be about 150% the size of Earth, so be prepared.

I recently tried to teach myself how to make fantasy maps and i found a nice tutorial online. If you have photoshop, it may be worth checking out.

here's what i wrote about my work (in progress) in the FFH NES II thread.

Immac.

I'm trying my hand at fantasy cartograhy.

here's what i got so far:

Spoiler :

obviously its not done... i need to add forests, terrain quality (plains vs. grassland), rivers etc. But thats the mountains right there.

EDIT: expressing interest in joining your NES.

Top Bottom