[MOD] More Naval AI

just the .bik of intro, and i can try replacing it with a fresh copy. I didnt edited that, just tried to open with VLC, and maybe that changed file enough for corrupting it.

BTW, i saw that FFH2 Intro runs smooth, but in RifE it runs badly,with low fps, jumping between images with a bad gradient. I know this not RifE subforum, but this issue has been previously solved? maybe replacing bik intro in rife?

Tholal, would it be possible to package FFH2 + MNAI 2.5 as a standalone mod? For Windows 8 users who'd like to switch between vanilla MNAI once in a while?

Personally I like to keep an unaltered version of vanilla FfH2 not to play it, but to make it easier to use WinMerge to be sure that I am including all of the files I need for my modmod and no more.

It would be easy for Tholal to make the installer work to copy vanilla FfH2 into a new MNAI folder and then place the changed files in that. This is how the installer for MagisterModmod works.

Spoiler :
Code:
[Setup]
AppId={{71C68BFF-4F7F-4A95-927D-C32B6A4EDE07}
AppName=Magister Modmod for FfH2
AppVerName=Magister June 27 2013
DefaultDirName={reg:HKLM\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword,INSTALLDIR}\Mods\Magister Modmod for FfH2\
OutputBaseFilename=Magister Modmod June 27 2013 Setup
Compression=lzma
SolidCompression=yes
DisableProgramGroupPage=yes
SetupIconFile=C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Magister Modmod for FfH2 June 27 2013 Changes\govannon.ico

[Types]
Name: "full"; Description: "Default installation"

[Components]
Name: "Magister"; Description: "Magister Modmod for FfH2 June 27 2013 Changes"; Types: full; Flags: fixed
Name: "FfH2"; Description: "Copy Fall from Heaven 2 Files"; Types: full; Flags: fixed

[Languages]
Name: "english"; MessagesFile: "compiler:Default.isl"
Name: "french"; MessagesFile: "compiler:Languages\French.isl"
Name: "german"; MessagesFile: "compiler:Languages\German.isl"
Name: "italian"; MessagesFile: "compiler:Languages\Italian.isl"

[Tasks]
Name: "desktopicon"; Description: "{cm:CreateDesktopIcon}"; GroupDescription: "{cm:AdditionalIcons}"; Flags:

[Files]

Source: "{reg:HKLM\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword,INSTALLDIR}\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\*"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: external recursesubdirs createallsubdirs comparetimestamp; Components: FfH2
Source: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Magister Modmod for FfH2 June 27 2013 Changes\*"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion recursesubdirs createallsubdirs; Components: Magister
; NOTE: Don't use "Flags: ignoreversion" on any shared system files

[Icons]
Name: "{userdesktop}\Magister Modmod for FfH2"; Filename: "{reg:HKLM\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword,INSTALLDIR}\Civ4BeyondSword.exe"; Parameters: "mod=\Magister Modmod for FfH2"; Tasks: desktopicon; IconFilename: "{app}\govannon.ico"

[Run]
Filename: "{reg:HKLM\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword,INSTALLDIR}\Civ4BeyondSword.exe"; Parameters: "mod=\Magister Modmod for FfH2"; Description: "{cm:LaunchProgram,Magister Modmod for FfH2}"; Flags: nowait postinstall skipifsilent

That is using the Inno Install Script Setup Compiler, based on a tutorial by Valkrionn. Tholal currently uses a different install script program, which may work differently.

If I make a copy of the vanilla version the old version ceases to function (the game simply doesn't recognize it anymore). So by playing two SGs (one in vanilla and one with MNAI) I basically have to install and re-install all the time. This works out fine but is a bit tiresome.

Do you mean that you have problems if you do not keep a mod under the name Fall from Heaven 2?

All of the FfH2 modmods require the contents of the Resource folder, and by default they look for those contents in Mods/Fall from Heaven 2/Resource

You can change this by editing C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\MNAI v2.5\Resource\Civ4.thm
Code:
// *** Control Bitmap Theme file

// Set the resource 
[S]resource_path	"Mods/Fall from Heaven 2/Resource";[/S]
resource_path	"Mods/MNAI/Resource";

// Setup common properties
[S]include			"Mods/Fall from Heaven 2/Resource/Themes/Civ4/Civ4Theme.thm";[/S]
include			"Mods/MNAI/Resource/Themes/Civ4/Civ4Theme.thm";

Or are you just saying that saved games won't work with mods of a different name?

I'm not sure what can be done about that. I know that you can change the mod path of worldbuilder saves, but am less sure about regular saved games.

When you open a regular saved game in Notepad++, the only part that is at all legible is "Mods\[insert mod name here]\". It seems like you ought to be able to change that part to make it compatible with a renamed mod (provided the mods are similar enough that saves would not be broken for some reason other than the name difference), but my attempts to test that so far have all resulted in Runtime Errors.

I have had no problems to just rename my folders and renaming them back when I want to change mod.

Do you mean that you have problems if you do not keep a mod under the name Fall from Heaven 2?

All of the FfH2 modmods require the contents of the Resource folder, and by default they look for those contents in Mods/Fall from Heaven 2/Resource

You can change this by editing C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\MNAI v2.5\Resource\Civ4.thm
Code:
// *** Control Bitmap Theme file

// Set the resource 
[S]resource_path	"Mods/Fall from Heaven 2/Resource";[/S]
resource_path	"Mods/MNAI/Resource";

// Setup common properties
[S]include			"Mods/Fall from Heaven 2/Resource/Themes/Civ4/Civ4Theme.thm";[/S]
include			"Mods/MNAI/Resource/Themes/Civ4/Civ4Theme.thm";

Or are you just saying that saved games won't work with mods of a different name?

I'm not sure what can be done about that. I know that you can change the mod path of worldbuilder saves, but am less sure about regular saved games.

When you open a regular saved game in Notepad++, the only part that is at all legible is "Mods\[insert mod name here]\". It seems like you ought to be able to change that part to make it compatible with a renamed mod (provided the mods are similar enough that saves would not be broken for some reason other than the name difference), but my attempts to test that so far have all resulted in Runtime Errors.

Thanks a lot, I will try to edit the path in the theme file as well. I tried renaming the mod path in a saved game previously but had no luck with that either.

Top Bottom