Download link and version info

Patch DLL for Bhuric's 1.09 changes added to first post. It is completely save game compatible, so no problems continuing on with an existing game. No actual Revolution changes.

An 18 civ DLL is also now available if you want to try the mod out on custom maps (maps and DLL must have same number of players/teams defined, even if many start out empty). Updating maps to support 34 civs is fairly straight forward and will allow Revolution to create more rebels ...

A 48 civ DLL will be added shortly (when it finishes compiling).

Hey, I just started playing your mod, and I absolutely love it (and am looking forward to the improvements that you are talking about like a national revolt system that distinguishes between local and regional revolts, confederations, ect), but I have a couple of questions.

First, in the first post it says that this mod has been integrated with the "History in the Making" mod, which is a great mod as well. However I have recently started playing that mod, and I don't see Revolutions in it at all. That is a shame, because a combination of these mods would be absolutely fantastic (really a combination of this mod and any other mod would be great). So is there something I have to do to activate this mod in "History in the Making," or is integration just planned for the future.

Also, do you know if any of the other major modpacks are planning to integrate your mod into them, or if any that haven't been named have done so?

OK i love your mod, i combined it with extra 2.7 and large scale formations mod and everything is working just fine, question though, is there anyway you can combine the dll from your mod with the 3 tile radius mod or if there is a mod that already has the two in it??? i tried and i am utterly failing!
please help...

Hey, I just started playing your mod, and I absolutely love it (and am looking forward to the improvements that you are talking about like a national revolt system that distinguishes between local and regional revolts, confederations, ect), but I have a couple of questions.

First, in the first post it says that this mod has been integrated with the "History in the Making" mod, which is a great mod as well. However I have recently started playing that mod, and I don't see Revolutions in it at all. That is a shame, because a combination of these mods would be absolutely fantastic (really a combination of this mod and any other mod would be great). So is there something I have to do to activate this mod in "History in the Making," or is integration just planned for the future.

Also, do you know if any of the other major modpacks are planning to integrate your mod into them, or if any that haven't been named have done so?

It was in for the Warlords beta version of HitM, I imagine Grave will eventually add it to the BTS version, but merging is a lot of work so he may very well be waiting for another version or had some difficultly and decided to put it off for a bit.

As for other mod packs, I haven't really looked around ... right now Revolution is somewhat difficult to put into a mod pack because the player has to know about the keyboard shortcuts to open the RevWatch, there's a ton going on behind the scenes that a someone who's downloaded a big modpack might not be aware of. The prime goal for the next version is to increase the visibility and availability of information about revolutions, which will hopefully make the mod more attractive to be included in other mod packs as well.

Alright, glad to hear it. This mod really improves the replayability of the game so much, I think it is an important addition to any mod.

jdog, it's been ages since I check your progress, but I like what I see :) I'm just wondering if the 48 dll is also with Bhruics 1.09 changes?

Also, perhaps you should update to Bhruic's 1.11 version?

It was in for the Warlords beta version of HitM, I imagine Grave will eventually add it to the BTS version, but merging is a lot of work so he may very well be waiting for another version or had some difficultly and decided to put it off for a bit.

I didn't forget about ya, jdog! :D

The plan is to eventually put Revolutions in with HiTM, however as you and I both know, it'll take alot of time in order to do so. I've been spending most of my time squashing minor bugs of my own, so once I get comfortable with where HiTM is at, I'll add Revolutions.

I didn't forget about ya, jdog! :D

The plan is to eventually put Revolutions in with HiTM, however as you and I both know, it'll take alot of time in order to do so. I've been spending most of my time squashing minor bugs of my own, so once I get comfortable with where HiTM is at, I'll add Revolutions.

Great to hear! It's hard enough getting my own code working the way I want, I can only imagine how much effort it can take to combine so many other components as well ... :goodjob:

Version 1.2 for BTS 3.13 has been posted to the FP!

Several important changes are included in this version: mod data has been added into the SDK and a couple improvements have been made to the user interface. There's now a button to launch the Revolution Watch screen in the main interface, as well as a Revolt Status bar in the city screen. Moving the cursor over the bar brings up specific text info the city, clicking on the bar opens the bribe city popup!

Beyond this, several other enhancements have been made to most of the mod components, see the change list in the second post. Bhuric's 1.11 changes are also included. This version is NOT saved game compatible with prior versions.

Enjoy!

I played this mod for 300 turns and nothing happened. Did I do something wrong? Am I stupid?
Is the mod supposed to be 1.2 mb zipped or did I do something wrong?

I played this mod for 300 turns and nothing happened. Did I do something wrong? Am I stupid?
Is the mod supposed to be 1.2 mb zipped or did I do something wrong?

I think you may have downloaded just a custom DLL? The full mod is available through the Revolution 1.2 link and is ~1.7MB and called Revolution_1.2bts.zip. The folder called Revolution inside this will have a lot of files and a folder called Assets in it. I'll clarify the first post so it's more clear which is the main link.

Version 1.25 for BTS 3.13 with Bhuric's 1.11 changes has been posted! All extra DLLs updated as well.

Fixed graphical bugs reported by Cybah and SDK issue reported by Roamty. The most interesting change in this version is the expanded usage of events in a city to change the odds of a revolt occurring ... now, if you capture the enemy capital, any rebellious cities have very high odds of launching a rebellion next turn (previously cities just got a big bump in rev index, which they still do but now the odds of a revolt are more directly increased). Same goes for starvation in a city and the "support city revolt" espionage option. Revolts are also more likely to occur near when you switch civics in a 'bad' direction (ie, Representation -> Police State), less likely when you switch the other way. Civics changes no longer effect all cities equally either, if a city has religious issues and you switch to Free Religion, that city will have a much large decrease in rev index that one that was fine before.

Other improvements in the integration with the Espionage system, you will now be alerted if a city you have visibility in by espionage makes a rebel request and whether it was accepted. Finally, keeping cities you've captured from a civ that eventually capitulated to you will now be much easier though it will still take some effort.

Version 1.25 for BTS 3.13 with Bhuric's 1.11 changes has been posted! All extra DLLs updated as well.

Great mod! I especially like all the UI changes ("Rightfully" my ass!), and here's a belated "Thanks" for all the additional improvements (The New World stuff, for example) that have been around awhile but I hadn't noticed until rooting around in the ini file just now. :)

Great mod! I especially like all the UI changes ("Rightfully" my ass!), and here's a belated "Thanks" for all the additional improvements (The New World stuff, for example) that have been around awhile but I hadn't noticed until rooting around in the ini file just now. :)

You're welcome :)

Top Bottom