[FFH] - Miss Mahala and the Uncultured Boors

There is no reason to care about the AC until it gets really high. The horsemen are not any threat. Trigger the Pines way later.

There is no reason to care about the AC until it gets really high. The horsemen are not any threat. Trigger the Pines way later.

We don't have very mobile troops and they are all out to attack the Hippus. Since our cities only have the first ring of culture, they can be easily razed as soon as the horseman spawns. I think we should avoid this, especially since the game won't last much longer and we will probably get life mana soon.

We don't have very mobile troops and they are all out to attack the Hippus. Since our cities only have the first ring of culture, they can be easily razed as soon as the horseman spawns. I think we should avoid this, especially since the game won't last much longer and we will probably get life mana soon.

Plus, we still don't have any collateral. So horsemen would cause some casualties.

Ah..Ilios? Are you going to be able to play, or should we just wait for Darrell to come back?

Ah..Ilios? Are you going to be able to play, or should we just wait for Darrell to come back?

Yeah, sorry, I kind of zoned out for this game. I should only have Darrell's PBEM X save to play tonight, so I should be able to at least play the turns. :mischief:

Ok I have a bit of a hangover, but I had a look ingame. It's my understanding that we are to attack the Hippus, but if we do, we will lose their trade route commerce, and that of the Elohim as well (it's a pity we don't have Trade and Currency yet).

Also, remind me why we're going for Divination?

Five turns have been played, Hippus are dead. Stephanos is having fun in their pillaged and wasted lands.

I think it is nice you guys were going for Divination. Unfortunately, we only have 3 raw mana nodes, so I'm not entirely sure how you guys wanted to get the necessary mana types. I'll send out a Settler if I can, to grab the Mirror site previously occupied by the Horselords. I'm starting a Spirit node, if only to get access to Courage, so we can finally get rid of Mr S.

Armageddon Counter is at 48 per cent. Do I trigger the Pines already, or wait for Buboes?

I opened the save, vetoed some builds, and then declared war on the Hippus.

The following turn, our forces cut the Hippus empire in half:

Spoiler :

I get us some gold in the process of disemboweling the Horselords:

Spoiler :

I find Stephanos:

Spoiler :

One part of the army takes the northwest, the other takes the southeast, then splits to take out the spread out Hippus outposts:

Spoiler :

I surprised the stack Ichabod was worried about and annihilated it completely.

Pretty soon, the Hippus are down to their last city:

Spoiler :

Sure, Rhoanna, taking out that barb city is imperative when your Empire is being cut to pieces... :rolleyes:

The end:

Spoiler :

Raiders baby!

Stephanos position:

Spoiler :

Our western forces:

Spoiler :

I suggest moving them all west to avoid any entanglements with one of the Riders. A lot of the most experienced Battlemasters have been promoted to March, so should probably be ready for an assault on either Einion or Amelanchier in a couple of turns.

There is another force of heavily damaged Battlemasters that should heal in our western cities, and defend them if Stephanos appears at our doorsteps.

We really don't need Catapults, so some of the cities that have finished the Siege Workshops have been making the useful Iron Chariots.

I have mostly neglected our economy. As you can see, we have about 10 turns of full research worth of gold to burn through. It wasn't entirely clear what the tech path was, so I grabbed Trade and Divination.

I suggest building a Spirit node with the two Shamans north right away (build node, then cast Haste and finish the node), so we can promote some of our experienced Shamans to Courage (to counter Stephanos' fear effect).

I put research to Sorcery, which we should be able to grab in five turns of full research. Regeneration should speed up our offense even more. Feel free to change the tech choice though. :)

I think we've reached a point in the game where we should put most cities on either Wealth or unit spam. The Ljosalfar and the Elohim should be dead in maximum ten turns. Then move our forces back, and take out the rest of the world (Warning!: there are some Island cities, so you should either build a navy or get us Water Walking.

I stopped here as I felt it was a good place to stop, and got a bit tired of the constant warring turns (I really am a builder at heart).

In any case, I don't expect to be needed to play further turnsets in this game. :)

The Save:

Attachments

• RB EitB SG2 AD-0155.CivBeyondSwordSave
    357.8 KB · Views: 68
Nicely done, Ilios - I expected Hippus to fall, but not *that* fast.

I might be able to get to this tomorrow, but probably I can't play until Tuesday. If someone wants to slip in ahead of me, go for it! I'll post a got it when I'm sure I can play.

Darrell? I know you're back - do you have time? Otherwise I suppose we can move on to Gaspar.

I believe our current order looks something like this:

Darrell - UP
Mardoc - On deck
Gaspar - In the hole
Ichabod - Checking out ladies in the stands
Ilios - Just played

I don't mind waiting until you can play, Darrell, though if Mardoc wants to slip in ahead, that's okay too.

Christ this is shaping up to be a boring painful slog. Not that I want to be that team that always quits when they are ahead, but can we move on to our Mistventure yet?

Darrell

Christ this is shaping up to be a boring painful slog. Not that I want to be that team that always quits when they are ahead, but can we move on to our Mistventure yet?

Darrell

I would like to see the save before I quit - but fortunately I'm up next :). Play what you can, and I'll play a turnset, and we'll see where we stand. Not sure if the Mistventure is ready - I've e-mailed him to ask how it's coming along.

I've been away for the Carnaval holyday, so I haven't seen the save from Ilios yet. I don't mind either playing or stopping. I'll give some more thoughts once I'm back and settled.

Turns out we won't quite yet have a Mistventure ready to go, even if we call this one off. So...darrell? Any progress? You don't have to play a full 10 if it's too painful.

Also, if anyone's got a suggestion for Mist, I'm sure he'd appreciate it:
Mist said:
I kind of have it, but I can't make it work as I want and the tests
come up as a horrible mess ( I really, really want a better
worldbuilder ). At the moment I need to figure out how to stop the AIs
from getting any tech, if I jump over this hurdle, I should be
alright.

Top Bottom