Questions about The BUG Mod

Just installed BUG 2.30 over BtS 3.13 and Bhruic. No problems.

Don't understand one thing: the 17 little buttons in 8 groups at the bottom of the main screen. None are labeled, none give any mouse-over information, and after reading through the BUG MOD documentation I still can't tell which of the included mods creates these, much less what they do. (None seem to do anything on Turn 0.) I'm guessing that they have something do with how units are displayed, or which units, or ....

Can someone point me to the documentation for these?

These buttons do in fact affect how and which units in the "plot list" (unit icons that appear when you select a unit on the map) are displayed. Search for the "Plot List Enhancements" mod and you'll see more information. This was just added with BUG 2.30, and we haven't had a chance to make it more configurable or add help yet.

The options that you can change are on the "Plot List" tab on the BUG Options screen.

Just installed BUG 2.30 over BtS 3.13 and Bhruic. No problems.

Don't understand one thing: the 17 little buttons in 8 groups at the bottom of the main screen. None are labeled, none give any mouse-over information, and after reading through the BUG MOD documentation I still can't tell which of the included mods creates these, much less what they do. (None seem to do anything on Turn 0.) I'm guessing that they have something do with how units are displayed, or which units, or ....

Can someone point me to the documentation for these?

See this post: click

I just installed BUG and id seems to work fine, but I can't change any options. If I press Ctrl+Alt+M I get the options dialog and can click on anything but when I push <Exit> and open it up again all my changes are gone.

I cleared the cache and copied the .ini-File to the BtS directory just to be sure but I still get the same problem. I first installed it as a mod and when it didn't work uninstalled and installed the "normal" way. How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance, great job guys!

Edit: When I hover over the <Exit>-Button I get this:

All the other hover popups are displayed correctly, just this one isn't. Don't know if it is related. (?)

I was looking over the .ini files included with BAT .008a
BAT Mod.ini,
Code:
382: # name of log file -- if there is no file of this name in the directory above, one will be created
383: File Name = autolog.txt
BUG Mod.ini
Code:
380: # name of log file -- if there is no file of this name in the directory above, one will be created
381: File Name = Willem de Wonka.txt

That can't be right?

Of course, here it is:

The "BUG Mod Options File" exists and I can change its values with notepad, so user
access rights shoud be okay.

(Note: "L:\" is for files, "D:\" for programs.)

@Balder - No, that's not right. Looks like someones personal .ini got mixed up with the teams.... who uses Willie Wonka?:p

@Everest - Move the folder named "BUG MOD" that is now contained inside your Mods directory, and move it down two directories so it's inside the "My Games\Beyond the Sword" folder within your documents. Make sure to remove all traces of the other "BUG Mod" folder from within the Mods directory. They're conflicting with each other.

"Willem de Wonka" sounds like a name I'd use, and it sounds very familiar. I'm currently playing as "Khaaaaaan" and "Booty Kah". However, those shouldn't ever make it into my coding directory's INI file. I forget the exact rules, but I think the name gets reset whenever the logging is started.

This thing with the options not saving is very strange. Once an INI file is found, it is used for reading and writing. I realize the options seem reverted when you reopen the options screen, but do the changes take effect in the actual game? I doubt it, but I just want to double-check. Actually, now that I think of it, it sounds like the options are not being changed at all -- just the on-screen controls (checkboxes and dropdowns, etc).

do the changes take effect in the actual game?
Changes do not take effect in-game, just like you said. I have moved the bug mod folder like alerum68 said and the search paths have changed:

But the problem still remains the same. :confused:

Can you post the contents of the PythonErr.log file inside "My Games\Bts\Logs folder"? Not PythonErr2.log; the other one.

There is no "PythonErr.log" under "My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs". There are just:

init.log
PythonErr2.log
resmgr.log
xml.log.

Edit: Just in case you need to know: I have bhruics installed and run Civ4 Complete.

There is no "PythonErr.log" under "My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs"

That means there's no error happening, like it cannot write the file. Unfortunately, that makes it harder to diagnose. :(

Looks like you run Vista. Maybe Civ4 needs admin privileges in order to write something into the BUG Mod.ini file. :dunno:

The problem isn't that options aren't being saved to the INI -- it's that they just aren't being changed in the first place. Even if the INI isn't written, the options changes should still take effect in the game, and this isn't happening.

I have Bruic's patch as well, which I ran in BAT. I'll try it in BUG alone, though I can't see how this could be a problem. Works fine with Bruic's.

Can you try changing the "GP Bar" option. You should see the bar appear/disappear as you check/uncheck the option without having to close the window. Do you see anything happening?

It's not Vista. I'm running Vista and have never experienced an error like this with it, no mattter which user I was on.

It not seeing the XML on the exit buttons makes me think that things didn't get installed properly, or a file maybe missing. Maybe try installing it into CustomAssets, after renaming the current CustomAssets directory, and deleteing everything in BUG Mod, then copying CustomAssets into The empty BUG Mod directory, and renaming it to Assets will work.

EF, what errors do we have in 2.30, and can they be easily fixed so we can put out a new release to fix any issues we are having?

It not seeing the XML on the exit buttons

I've fixed that, but I cannot commit yet as I have other unfinished changes in the same file. The missing XML tag is a legitimate unrelated issue.

I'm still in the middle of doing all the PLE work. I took too long of a break there and now am trying to reload the context. Hopefully we can do a new release in the next week.

Also, I just saw the problem with Reminders -- they weren't updated with Ruff's autolog changes.

I was looking over this CvMainInterface & comparing it to sevoMod's, and PLE 2.03
This doesn't seem to jive with either of those, lines 179-199:
Code:
		self.PLE_MODE_STANDARD 			= "PLE_MODE_STANDARD1"
		self.PLE_MODE_MULTILINE 		= "PLE_MODE_MULTILINE1"
		self.PLE_MODE_STACK_VERT 		= "PLE_MODE_STACK_VERT1"
		self.PLE_MODE_STACK_HORIZ 		= "PLE_MODE_STACK_HORIZ1"

self.PLE_FILTER_WOUND			= "PLE_FILTER_WOUND1"
		self.PLE_FILTER_NOTWOUND		= "PLE_FILTER_NOTWOUND1"
		self.PLE_FILTER_AIR				= "PLE_FILTER_AIR1"
		self.PLE_FILTER_SEA				= "PLE_FILTER_SEA1"
		self.PLE_FILTER_LAND			= "PLE_FILTER_LAND1"
		self.PLE_FILTER_DOM				= "PLE_FILTER_DOM1"
		self.PLE_FILTER_MIL				= "PLE_FILTER_MIL1"
		self.PLE_FILTER_OWN				= "PLE_FILTER_OWN1"
		self.PLE_FILTER_FOREIGN			= "PLE_FILTER_FOREIGN1"

self.PLE_PROMO_BUTTONS_UNITINFO = "PLE_PROMO_BUTTONS_UNITINFO"

self.PLE_GRP_UNITTYPE			= "PLE_GRP_UNITTYPE1"
		self.PLE_GRP_GROUPS				= "PLE_GRP_GROUPS1"
		self.PLE_GRP_PROMO				= "PLE_GRP_PROMO1"
		self.PLE_GRP_UPGRADE			= "PLE_GRP_UPGRADE1"
Note the '1's in most of those Strings.
And there is a file:
BUGMod_230\CustomAssets\XML\Text\CIV4PlotListEnhancementsInfo.xml
Which appears to contain the toolTips for PLE ...

Fixes for Exit button hover and Reminders committed.

I believe the trailing "1"s in those strings has to do with how Civ does event handling (clicks and such) as there's a comment about it in CDA. Is there some functionality that you suspect this is breaking?

So there are tooltips for those buttons? Cool, I'll check it out. I've never used the original PLE -- only parts of it that Ruff added to his mod originally.

Random rant for 1000th post

In my current game, I just received a cool event that gives me +1 road movement because of a massive freeway construction project. Gee, too bad I've only got 3 or 4 tiles in my entire empire that haven't been railroaded yet.

Top Bottom