full PLE mod for BUG

daengle

Chieftain
This mod adds the full functionality of 12monkeys' original
Plot List Button Enhancement (PLE) mod to Version 2.22 of BUG (BTS Unaltered Gameplay).

To install the mod simply unzip and copy the contents to your
~\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword directory. (Assuming you have the
standard CIV/BTS installation.)

This mod is intended to be installed on top of BUG 2.22.

BUG 2.22 MUST be installed first!

This mod DOES NOT WORK with the current version of BAT.

This mod is for use with BTS 3.13.

This mod does not change gameplay in any way.

WARNING: The mod changes the CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml file. If you have any
additional custom unit graphics it will be necessary to edit this file.

( For anyone unfamiliar with BUG and PLE, these mods are intended to
improve the CIV4 interface without changing the game itself.
The creators of BUG choose to include some (but not all) of the features of
PLE. This mod simply adds the rest of the features of PLE to BUG for the
benefit of those who have grown accustomed to PLE. )

Credits:
The PLEmod was originally created by 12monkeys

BUG has many contributers including -
Alerum68
Cammagno
EmperorFool
NikNaks93
ruff_hi

This version of the PLEmod for use with BUG was adapted by daengle from
a version of the PLEmod adapted for BTS by turlute.

Post of this mod in civfanatics archive -

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9342

@daengle - Sweet! Our mod is even having mods. :)

@Alerum - I was never against adding all of PLE into BUG. I was only against me doing the work. :p I would love it if you could merge it in to the latest BUG and add options for some of the features. Actually, I should check first to see if daengle did that already.

@daengle - Did you? If not, would you like to do that (we can help show you how) and have it included into BUG?

All I did was splice together the CivMainInterface.py files from turlute's PLE and BUG 2.22. It doesn't talk to the BUG options screen or .ini files.

Sorry, my skill with python is quite limited. I was amazed when it actually worked.

Speaking of working correctly (or not), I am having a problem with the automatic unit name generator feature.
It doesn't seem to work correctly with my version of CivMainInterface.py

I can't tell why but I think it may be due turlute's PLE handling the mouse overs differently than BUG, but I am not sure. I am looking into it.

Commited this to the SVN, with our latest changes. There are a few things we need to fix in it. More of conforming to BUG format then anything else.

Commited this to the SVN, with our latest changes. There are a few things we need to fix in it. More of conforming to BUG format then anything else.

I'm an appassionate fan of PLE, but I don't know if adding it like this is a good idea... it' seems somehow an external body in BUG code... :confused:

That's how all the Mods we've added have started out Cam.;) We just have to make a few small changes to the way the code handles 12Monkey's tools. The INIParser he uses is basically the same as our, just a generic version.

That's how all the Mods we've added have started out Cam.;) We just have to make a few small changes to the way the code handles 12Monkey's tools. The INIParser he uses is basically the same as our, just a generic version.

Ok, I'll be more than happy if we'll end up with full PLE inside BUG.
We also need some documentation about the use of those icons :)

There is a full readme contained in the Zip that daengle included. I'm going to roll that into the help, and drop the IUI help file. We'll also need to include Daengle in the credits.

I am having a problem with the automatic unit name generator feature.

Can you describe how it's not working? Interface issues? Broken functionality?

Also, I want to list you in the BUG credits. Do you want "Daengle" or "daengle" or some other name? You can PM me or answer here.

There is a full readme contained in the Zip that daengle included. I'm going to roll that into the help, and drop the IUI help file. We'll also need to include Daengle in the credits.

Just looked at it... I didn't remembered that PLE was full of so many good features... amazing. I really hope that it will be fully included in BUG with options and so (and that the filters can be made inclusive instead of exclusive... ever hated that).

When I added this to BUG v2.22, I get two python exceptions every time I mouse over any of the small PLE icons that this adds to the main screen. See the image below for the messages.

I don't think I did anything wrong but you never know. Can someone else confirm this bug?

Also, when you enter WorldBuilder, the new PLE icons remain on the screen. This has always been a problem with PLE however dating back to its earlier days.

Alerum has integrated it into the latest (SVN) version of BUG. He's now adding all the options to a PLE tab in the options screen and will be looking at any issues that pop up.

I started up a game with the current version, and it seems to work fine, hovers and all. I didn't test worldbuilder but assume it still has that problem.

Alerum has integrated it into the latest (SVN) version of BUG. He's now adding all the options to a PLE tab in the options screen and will be looking at any issues that pop up.

I started up a game with the current version, and it seems to work fine, hovers and all. I didn't test worldbuilder but assume it still has that problem.
Thanks, must have been me. :crazyeye:

Options are commited, but haven't made the Tab yet.

Everything works perfectly, :goodjob: to both of you, guys. When we'll have the option tab added, it will be a real part of BUG... I'm very happy about it :D
And together with the new MA, managing units will be a pleasure... :cool:

Yeah. I'm actually planning out the layout for the Tab as we speak. EF is going to do a bit to remove the last of the INIParser traces, (I hope), and then we should be 100% BUG ready.;)

BTW - Hold off on translating the Options help file for a bit.

Can you describe how it's not working? Interface issues? Broken functionality?

Also, I want to list you in the BUG credits. Do you want "Daengle" or "daengle" or some other name? You can PM me or answer here.

daengle is fine. Thank you.

My problem with the automatic unit numbering is simply that all my units have the standard names (Archer, Warrior, Catapult, etc.) Checking the box to turn on automatic unit numbering doesn't seem to do anything. I'm not sure why. It may have nothing to do with the PLE mod. But I'm not doing anything else so it must...

Amra's error is completely new to me, I have not see anything like it.

I'm looking into this now, but the game starts up and behaves very slowly now. I don't know if it's PLE itself or the changes we've made in the past day or so (switching to the BUG options core). Just be warned that if you update, it'll be sloooooow until I get this fixed.

Edit: Okay, it's not PLE. I did something last night when converting to BUG options core. I'll update soon again.

Crisis averted. Apparently Python has a severe aversion to dividing an integer by a boolean. ;)

Top Bottom