Info Addict

Ahhh ... are you using the Random Events mod or a modpack that includes that? Because I lost the ability to exactly identify a saved game in the last patch, I have to guess by counting up resources on the map. Unfortunately, anything that modifies resources screws up the guessing and causes the data to be lost. I bet that's what is happening.

The hotfix that came out today put back in the ability to exactly identify a game. I'll release v10 of Info Addict later today and that should stop happening (if that is, in fact, what is going on). It won't bring back your old data but it'll prevent it from happening in the future.

I am using Random Events and Dale Kent's Hardwood strategic resources, dang... Anyway, have you thought about merging Improved Notifications? The two mods don't work together since they both change DiploCorner.something-or-other, and it's kind of info-ey, I guess...

Okay, so its not just me... I am having this same problem, must be a Firaxis issue.

There's a bug in the code that lists mods and, it just happens that info addict is near the mod that's breaking things (I think).

Code:
OnlinePanel: Mounted Units - (v. 4)
 OnlinePanel: City Defense MOD - (v. 1)
 OnlinePanel: Better Unit Upkeep - (v. 1)
 Runtime Error: [string "Assets/UI/FrontEnd/Modding/OnlinePanel.lua"]:222: attempt to call field 'Truncate' (a nil value)
 OnlinePanel: 0
 OnlinePanel: InfoAddict - (v. 9)
 OnlinePanel: Strong Economy - (v. 18)

A new version of the modding tools came out along with the latest patch and it started forcing us to fill in the teaser field for our mods. I think there's a mod in there somewhere that has a blank teaser or something like that which is causing the code to break. I haven't figured out which mod it is .. I hope it's not me but it doesn't seem to be because you can click on the UI category and that error goes away, with Info Addict still displayed.

Funny thing is that, since Info Addict is stuck at the top, I think it's been downloaded a lot more. It's been downloaded almost 1000 times in the last 24 hours where, previously, I was getting something like 600 direct downloads over a week :D

Oh, I found out what's busting the mod listing. There's a mod called "deployTest" that was the next mod uploaded after I updated Info Addict on the 18th. It has no description and no teaser. I think that's what's causing the mod listing to break.

Of course, it's just exposing a bug in the listing code. There's a function call to Locale.Truncate that should be Locale.TruncateString. I fixed that in my copy and that's how I found that mod.

Info Addict v10 is now available. This minor change puts back compatibility with resource modification mods and static maps. It's the exact same change as one that went in from v6 to v7 but had to be backed out because of something breaking in 1.0.1.135. That said, this version is only compatible with the latest hotfix of the game, 1.0.1.141

Here's the relevant change from v6 to v7:
  • Games are identified by a time string kept in the save file instead of counting up resources. This makes saved data somewhat more efficent and, more importantly, makes Info Addict fully compatible with resource modification mods and static maps. If Info Addict is upgraded and an old saved game started, the data will be converted to the new format, ensuring backward compatibility. For games that are well on their way (500+ turns), this conversion process, while only happening the first time the saved game is started, may take anywhere from 20 seconds to a minute to complete.

Spoiler mod integrators: file changes and additions to v10 :
Code:
M      InfoAddict/InfoAddictReadMe.txt
M      InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictInit.lua
M      InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictLib.lua

Anyway, have you thought about merging Improved Notifications? The two mods don't work together since they both change DiploCorner.something-or-other, and it's kind of info-ey, I guess...

That should already be done for the latest versions of both mods. Alpaca, the author of Improved Notifications, wrote a library that easily allows us to add to that menu without clobbering each other. :goodjob:

That should already be done for the latest versions of both mods. Alpaca, the author of Improved Notifications, wrote a library that easily allows us to add to that menu without clobbering each other. :goodjob:

Oh... Well I don't know if it's because I've got a tonn of other mods activated, but Improved Notifications doesn't work when I have InfoAddict activated. There are 2 Info Addict and two notification option buttons in the drop down menu ("diplocorner?"). It shouldn't take too long to figure out now that I know they're supposed to be compatible. Thanks for the help :)

It works fine now BTW. I must have been doing something wrong.

Thanks though...!

My pleasure! Sorry it doesn't seem to be working for you though. I'm using a new feature from the patch and a new library to get that menu working. First, the obvious thing is to make sure you're running the new patch. If that's the case and it's still not working, can you open up your config.ini file and change the following?

Code:
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 0

to

Code:
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

Then run the game, hit the "Info Addict" button in the menu again and send me the file called Lua.log in your Logs directory. That might help me figure out what's going on.

I dunno if this is any related with the "DeployTest" U/L mentioned above... but my Browser/MOD screen doesn't show any value (shows 0 to all) for cumulative Downloads since around the 18th while keeping the "Like" votes active.
Anyone experienced that weird behavior too?

I dunno if this is any related with the "DeployTest" U/L mentioned above... but my Browser/MOD screen doesn't show any value (shows 0 to all) for cumulative Downloads since around the 18th while keeping the "Like" votes active.
Anyone experienced that weird behavior too?

Yep, I get the same. Got some likes for PWM v4 but 0 downloads listed

Oh yeah, I've seen the same. In fact, looking at the mod browser, all mods uploaded after the 22nd have 0 downloads.

Hmm, I can't seem to get this to work. I installed the mod, and enabled it, but I don't see the InfoAddict option under the scroll menu.

You mentioned the version that it supports. I've looked all over the @#()$ app, and can't figure out what version I'm running. Help a fella out, anyone? :)

Any suggestions for how to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

You mentioned the version that it supports. I've looked all over the @#()$ app, and can't figure out what version I'm running. Help a fella out, anyone? :)

Never mind this, found it. It's 1.0.1.141.

That said, InfoAddict 10 should work with this version, but no love. :( I'm going to try uninstalling all other mods and trying again.

Sigh, no love. I uninstalled all mods, deleted my cache, and reinstalled version 10, still no worky. :(

Although, truth be told, I haven't gotten ANY mods to work yet, so I'm not at all confident it's a problem with InfoAddict.

@sbattisti - you installed the mod and then enabled it (green tick) BUT then do not back out too much from that "mod" subsection. You need to start a single player game from within that section and NOT go back to the main menu otherwise no mods will work.

Maybe the above applies..?

If it does that is why you can still play none modified games from the main menu and modified ones from the "Mod" section

I was doing a cramped up earth game today (all civs and 28 city states packed in to a standard earth map), and there was a 3v3 war, including myself. The Military figures helped me out alot during the prelude of what battles I could get in without furiating city states that got in the way, and I found that I couldn't be bothered to compare this turn's military figures with the last, so I thought of an idea!

Would it be possible to put the difference from the last turn after the value of the subject turn in the tooltip? And maybe green for up, red for down? I'm guessing it would, but If so, would you be willing to implement it, given that you could just compare the line height of the turn you wanted to the previous turn? It should probably be an option, though, as I'de imagine it would cramp up the tooltip a bit.

Top Bottom