Onan's Speed-Optimized GMR Game

Onan

Dad
Hi guys,

This is a setup thread for a Giant Multiplayer Robot game I wanted to try.

The idea is to try to sort out the turn order so that at least one full turn gets played every day.

I've set this up as a private game and invited several people.

What I need from you if you want in on this set-up is:

1) Your timezone
2) Your typical play-time (when you are most likely to play your turn every day)
New info added:
3) You will need to install the Giant Multiplayer Robot App to join this game! See this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=455596 for more info.
4) Please enable email notifications via both GMR and this thread (this thread will be a backup), to an email you check at least once per day.

I will take the above info and sort out all the timing and set up the turn order accordingly, so that we can keep the turns rolling about as fast as an average Pitboss game (which may actually be 3-6 or more times faster than a PBEM with as many players--I'm hoping!). This way, we might even finish a game in under a year! :crazyeye:

If I've invited you and this is not for you, please don't join! :)

Still looking for at least two more players. Post here with the above info if you want to join.

Players
1) Onan - Rome
2) EEE_boy - Egypt
3) InsaneTrollLogic (Bluecollar) - Russia
4) Luciferkid (GenjiKhan) - Siam
5) Tabarnak - Aztec
6) NullMaster - China
7) Species Zero - India
8) Islandia - Songhai

Undecided on settings. Post your preferences.

:cooool:

I would like to give it a try! One turn a day should be easily doable for me.

My timezone is +1 GMT...playing would probably around 11 a.m. or around 11 P.M. depending on my shifts at work....11 P.M. would be the best time though.

My steamname is the same as here.

I would like to be the Chinese or the Aztecs.

I would like to give this a try. Timezone is GMT -5. 8am to noon for my playtime. InsaneTrollLogic is my steam ID. Random Civ.

Yeah I'm definitely in!

1) My timezone is UTC -7
2) I can take turns almost anytime between 0900 - 1700, I can usually even get in a couple turns a day :)

I'm in as obviously I accepted the invite :p My timezone is UTC - 8 daylight savings time.
I can take turns after 6pm until midnight of most days. You may force me to install civ 5 on my work machine so I can take turns during the day too if that is most convenient.

My usual play time is 6pm-2am Auckland time.

It only takes like 5 minutes max to play a turn so this is for convenient allocation.

Maybe we should set speed to fast so we may finish this kind of game style. Thank you for the invite!

Hi Onan, one suggestion is to remind everyone in your first post to subscribe this thread and input their emails in the GMR client. In the public game the guy playing India appears to be online but never played his turn. Hope this thing does not happen in this game:)

Week : 12:30AM-5:00AM, 12:30PM-3:00PM.
Week-ends : Mostly all the time(on and on).

Hi Onan, one suggestion is to remind everyone in your first post to subscribe this thread and input their emails in the GMR client. In the public game the guy playing India appears to be online but never played his turn. Hope this thing does not happen in this game:)

Yes, what he said. :)

I seem to have forgotten a couple of things:

1) You will need to install the Giant Multiplayer Robot App to join this game! See this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=455596 for more info.

2) Please enable email notifications via both GMR and this thread, to an email you check at least once per day.

Invite sent to InsaneTrollLogic/Bluecollar.

Nouco and GenjiKhan, I couldn't find you via the GMR client--probably because I neglected to tell you it's required! Please note the notifications requirement in the post above...also something I forgot to mention. :)

Onan, to invite them to the game on the GMR website you'll need to be sure to look them up by their Steam Profile name. Not sure if you tried that :)

Alright, I'm in. I'm UTC-7, and I can take my turns just about anytime during the day, generally.

Onan, to invite them to the game on the GMR website you'll need to be sure to look them up by their Steam Profile name. Not sure if you tried that :)

Yep, I did. No sign of Nouco, but I've invited GenjiKhan / LuciferKid, and once he accepts we've got our eight and can get started. Time for me to do the timezone math. :crazyeye:

Onan, you already had 8 people, so it didn't make sense to sign up ;-)

Yeah it looks like InsaneTrollLogic and LuciferKid have joined the last two slots. Good luck getting the play order right, I'm looking forward to this one! :)

You're not kidding about the time zones, I had a chart half done before I realized GMT -5 means their midnight comes five hours later than GMT. Kind of counter intuitive. Luckily, I'm familiar with some of these players, so what I was looking at didn't make sense.

Will get it sorted out tonight and get the game going ASAP.

Nouco, if you want to get in on this, I don't mind having you in, we'll just make it 9 players. Post your Steam name and set up the GMR app if you still want to join in. :)

Okay, I couldn't wait. I've started the game and played my first turn.

I've updated the top post with the turn order and civs. Check there if you picked random but can't wait till your turn begins to find out which civ you got. Mel, since BlueCollar had requested Russia, I've given it to him. I picked China for you--another very solid civ. I hope that's alright.

The game is set to quick speed, on a standard sized Great Plains map, with 16 city states. I wanted a waterless map (trust me, frigates are way too overpowered), and great plains doesn't come with all the options...I'm not sure if resources are balanced or just whatever you get. No boxes ticked down below, so it's all standard, huts on, barbs on, and so on. Game difficulty is set to King.

Mel, I noticed when I was setting up the game, the difficulty level defaulted to Prince for the host, but Chieftain for everyone else. Thought it might be worth mentioning.

Okay...hopefully this game lives up to its name! :D

Top Bottom