Frequently Asked Questions

As a noob, I'd like to know how you can play as the Infernals from start. I'd much appreciate it.
That is not possible as they are summoned by researching the appropriate tech.

- Niilo

Your not suppose to be able to play as them from the start.

If you change the xls file to let them have an alternate leader, you can select him and play as Infernal fromthe beginning, but it really isnt the same. You would at least ned to give that other leader the fallow trait to make it more fun. And beware that he could show up leading another civ at the same time, with all the traits you gave him. I amused myself last week by letting several leaders lead multiple civs-it gets a little weird and cofusing. I like it when a leader is his own worst enemy, but knowing just whether everyone hates the Kuriotates or the Gregori Cardith Lorda (or which one of them I just agreed to declare war on) can get annoying.

Now that I think of it, you can probably just change the 0 in the "ihumanplayable" row of Hyborem's profile in the leader tab of the .xls to a 1 and there would be no problem. I wonder if someone could stil summon you in to the world by researching Infernal pact. Probably not, but I think that the Infernal forces of Teybrn Arbandi could probably summon Hyborem to help him. (I began a game as the Mercurians lead by Sabathiel, but couldn't get any one to summon Hyborem in order to build "our" gate)

I know it's been asked quite some times, but I couldn't find it anymore.

When you go in cheat mode (game.toggledebugmode), sometimes the AI doesn't research. I've played a couple of games lately and it's been bothering me like hell. I gave Tebryn all techs needed to research Corruption of Spirit through WB, I gave every single city of his a town or two, but he never researched CoS. I didn't really pay too much attention to other civs at that point, but during a later game I was playing with Capria, and I noticed that I saw all the good/neutral civs researching stuff, but none of the (4 or 5 I think) evil Civs did.
So is this simply because I had a good alignment or something? Seems a bit odd to have the debugmode do this. Or are they researching but can't we see it through some awkward bug?

Help! Help! I'm being opressed ; ;
Hehe stupid me forgot to update CIV4 when I re-installed it =P
NEvermind this post! Rawr x3 No play FFH2 >.> <3

Grr... OK I see that is a real problem with AV not being researched by evil civs. I am long ways (turn 400ish) into a huge map with dozens of AI opponents and don't want to start over from scratch again. If I use Worldbuilder to give an AI AV, will that trigger the summoning of Hyborem, and all that goes along with it?

(edit: I have already re-started 3 times thinking I was just having bad luck!)

No. The founding of the Ashen Veil no longer summons Hyborem, the first discovery of Infernal Pact does. If you give some cities AV or place some Savants/Ritualists on the map to spread this religion you may incourage some leaders to convert, after which point they can research Infenal Pact and bring Hell to Erebus. You should note, however, that if the AV spreads to its first city in this manner it will have no Holy city, thus no shrine, unless you specifically add this in Worldbuilder.

I believe if you give a civ Infernal pact in world builder it does not count as researching it, but whoever finds it next is not the first to have it, thus no "first to discover" bonus apply. This means that if you give someone Infernal Pact in this manner The Infernals will never be able to enter the game.

sounds too convoluted...

Maybe I'll research it, bring Hyborem to the world, then switch back to leaves and summon the merc gate :lol:

Ok, but you know that will make you evil. Your permanent ally will not like you very much (not that there is anything he can do about it).

But won't changing back to leaves push me back to neutral? Or if I switch to the Order?

Leaves'd keep you evil, and Order would make you good. You'd have to go Runes to get back to being neutral, then switching to Leaves would work with your neutrality.

Ahh I was not sure how all that alignment stuff worked, but I knew there was a way!

Hmm I could have swore my last game- I got leaves real early due to two super lucky techs from goody huts. I could swear most of the other evil civs became neutral when they converted. Then again I could be remembering wrong.

I'm sure you were. Perhaps thay adopted Runes first and then went with leaves. Or maybe you accidenallt selected random personalities, which also gives leaders randon alighments.

First of all, thank you for this great mod! :thumbsup:

I've a little question: does exist a unity it allows to gather intelligence about cities like vanilla spies? I'm unable to find what buildings are present in a town.

I believe that having Loki or gypsy wagons in a rival city lets you select it like your own, seeing everything it has. So, if you play as the Balseraphs, then yes.

I believe that having Loki or gypsy wagons in a rival city lets you select it like your own, seeing everything it has. So, if you play as the Balseraphs, then yes.

No, I play Calabim. :)

shadows can do that too

Really? When I try to enter a city with a Shadow I get a fight with defenders. :confused:

shadows can do it only if you aren't at war with them and the shadow isn't a hidden nationality unit.

Ah, ok. I'll try this one, thank you! :)

Okay, here's what I find confusing... all the versions and editions of this bloody thing. Two weeks ago I downloaded what I thought was FF2 and got what looks to be an old or outdated version? Not near the upgrades and features I've been reading about here, civ leaders like "Mab," the "All-Devourer," and some Tiger clans, none of which seems to be properly in the mix.

Then there's "Light" and "Fire." Are these seperate files, or just the phase of evolution the game is in?

I figured I'd DL the file you uploaded on 07MAR07, and I suspect that's the ticket, but then... what's that patch link?

And just what was it I downloaded the first time, I wonder, because it's the same, but oh so different.

Anyway, massive credit to the designers. Even with the version I've apparently been playing, its an incredible game.

I <3 meteor swarm.

Top Bottom