Modders Guide to FfH2

Buildings:
bUnhappyProduction
- assumed it is: add one base production per unhappy citizen

iSprawling
- realize not implemented yet so probably a mute question: modifies workable city tile radius?(could it be negative?)

Buildings:
bUnhappyProduction
- assumed it is: add one base production per unhappy citizen

iSprawling
- realize not implemented yet so probably a mute question: modifies workable city tile radius?(could it be negative?)

The former is used for the Calabim Governer's Manor, and the latter is intended to increase the city's workable tile radius to three. It was taken out for version .25, but is due to return in .30 (Shadow).

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but its the best place I could think of.

I'm trying to make a civ's palace provide additional mana sources than just the normal 3 but can't seem to get it to work. I tried adding <FreeBonus4>BONUS_MANA_AIR</FreeBonus4> in after the the other 2 in civ4buildinginfos but i keep getting errors. can anyone point me in the right direction?

I heard somewhere that there's a limit of 3 free resources/building

sorry, should have posted the context of my question =) working on the xml files for the wiki(laying the base down), I was wondering the upper and lower limits of iSprawling. Assuming it is not just 0 to 1 as it would be a boolean instead.

@cbdude: I can't answer that directly as I haven't dug into it. You'll need to add that tag into the game before you can add it to each building. I assume it will be within the SDK and not just a python file edit. You should be able to find references to FreeBonus3 and copy it over for FreeBonus4, so it doesn't sound like a hard change on the surface.

Personally I think the free bonuses should be handled differently, letting you assign any number of bonuses with the number it provides being set per resource. I'd rather it be something like this:

<FreeBonuses>
<FreeBonus>
<FreeBonusType>BONUS_MANA_SPIRIT</FreeBunusType>
<iNumBonus>2</iNumBonus>​
</FreeBonus>
<FreeBonus>
<FreeBonusType>BONUS_MANA_LIFE</FreeBunusType>
<iNumBonus>1</iNumBonus>​
</FreeBonus>
<FreeBonus>
<FreeBonusType>BONUS_MANA_WATER</FreeBunusType>
<iNumBonus>1</iNumBonus>​
</FreeBonus>​
</FreeBonuses>

question: where would I go about changing the passability of ocean ice ^_^

ta mate =)

now I just have to figure out how to make it land type terrain -_-

ta mate =)

now I just have to figure out how to make it land type terrain -_-

Depends on what your trying to accomplish. Ice is a feature (ie forests, sits on top of terrain), so you'll likely have to change the under lying terrain via script/event to snow and remove the ice.

Depends on what your trying to accomplish. Ice is a feature (ie forests, sits on top of terrain), so you'll likely have to change the under lying terrain via script/event to snow and remove the ice.

Yeah, i'm trying to make ice a water feature that is passable only to land units, so they can act as land bridges. This means that, as ice retreats (i'm experimenting using kael's plot counter) previously connected (and settled) landmasses can suddenly become stranded etc. Unfortunately the civ engine isn't very accomodating. I can create a promotion that lets land units travel over ice (and not water) but it's quite a hassle to give that to every unit.

Putting it in the freepromotion for each unit is probably the best way. The nice thing about that is you can decide to exlcude some units if they dont make sense (flying units dont need it, fire elementals probably shouldnt have it, and if you follow AoI's pattern you wouldnt give it to heavy units like elephants and giants).

I can't find where and when the unique features and lair are added during map generation . Can you tell me where i should look please ?

Tcho !

Sounds like someone is trying to make an option to get rid of Unique Features for multiplayer:)

Wish I could help, but what I know about coding (and the FfH code) could be written on the back of a stamp.

Sounds like someone is trying to make an option to get rid of Unique Features for multiplayer:)

Wish I could help, but what I know about coding (and the FfH code) could be written on the back of a stamp.

Yes , i want to prepare something for FFH but this is not for tomorrow ( i need to finish the scripts before running into a FFH implementation , cultural location , group civ by alignement etc ... ) . I want to customize the placement of unique features (remove or grant a fair placement ) and lair (also grant a fair placement , select the number of lair placed , place the lair at a minimum range of locations ... ) . But i also would like to know when they are placed in order to not delete them during the map generation because i override a lot functions in the scripts before i begin the implementation for FFH .

Tcho !

addGameElements calls addImprovements and addUniqueImprovements after goody huts are placed. They are all in CvMapGenerator.cpp.

addGameElements calls addImprovements and addUniqueImprovements after goody huts are placed. They are all in CvMapGenerator.cpp.

Thank you very much :) . This is something i have to take in count because i do a lot of stuff in the normalization functions after this functions .

Tcho !

Top Bottom