[Design]Slavery Features

Darque

Chaotic Lord of Dragonia
Just re-posting the features for slavery from the public development thread so that it is easier for us to find(with a couple minor changes):
Slavery:
  • To enable all slavery features, you need to be using the Slavery civic.
  • If you stop using the Slavery civic all slavery features are disabled.
  • If you stop using the Slavery civic, all slavery promotions are removed, and all slavery pens are destroyed.
  • A unit built in a city with a slave pen gains the slaver promotion (I will call this a slaver unit).
  • A unit victorious in battle has a chance to enslave the defeated unit.
  • If a worker or settler is captured with a slaver unit, it automatically becomes a slave.
  • A slaver unit can attempt to capture slaves from an enemy city. If a slave is captured from the enemy city, its population is reduced by 1. A city with a population of 1 can not be targetted for slave capture.
  • If a slaver unit razes a city, there is a chance of creating 1 slave for each population size of the city. This random chance is attempted for each individual slave.
  • A slave unit can be used as a worker unit, but will work slower than a normal worker.
  • For each slave unit in a city with a slave pen, production is increased by 1 for that city.
  • A slave unit in a city with a slave pen and either a Temple of Gruumsh, Nerullic Temple, Dark Seldarine Temple, or Hextorian Temple can be sacrificed for a culture boost.
  • If slaves are in a city with a slave pen, there is a chance for a slave revolt. The percentage chance depends on how many slaves are in the city.
  • A slave unit in a city with a slave pen can be sacrificed for a production boost.
  • If a slave unit is sacrificed, the chance for a slave revolt increases. This increased chance decays over time.

So, would a slaver unit be hidden nationality? It would be good if it was. Cuz otherwise, if you feel you need slaves, you might have to go to war. That'd be annoying cuz you just might not wanna make the effort of war just for slaves.

Cool. Yeah, this saves having to have you guys a separate slaver unit.

Ah, slaver is separate. I clearly misunderstood.
Anyway, the above guy, up 1 post, looks really cool. Although, he looks kinda geared towards like a middle eastern style civ,which doesn't quite fit a lot of the civs. Maybe he would work for some of em. Or you could just put a very generic looking slaver like Firaxis did in the original CivIV for the workers. Like say a meanlooking dude with a ball and chain in one hand and a whip in the other.

Looks kickass, man. Have you thought of a pedia entry for him yet?

Looks kickass, man. Have you thought of a pedia entry for him yet?

rocklikeafool, if you have any pedia entry text you have in mind, please feel free to submit it. Im still growing in my in world flavor of the MOD, and am concentrating more on identifying xml bugs, and missing entries, then actually writing.

Same for anybody else, submit and pedia, quote or other text and we will see if we cant make them fit somewhere. Lots of work to be done.

I'll do my best to come up with one. I'm working a lil on making the Dragonia map from Civ3into BTS. But I'm always busy with my college classes, so it's going slow. I'm also trying to contribute any ideas I come up with, as you have no doubt seen.

Just had an idea. I think it would be cool if certain evil civs were able to always take slaves, most obviously the Drow and maybe the Black Orcs and the Gashmog Goblins. Although, it's sketchy, of course, for the Black Orcs and Gashmog Goblins.
Also, jus wonderin, is it a 100% chance to take a slave when a slaver try to take slaves? Or like 50%? Plus, would the slavers take slaves by attacking units or by going to a city and say using a spell called 'take slaves'? I mean how exactly would it work, man?

If you want your civ to have slavery, you will have to be using that civic. Its fairly easy to get (only needing Metal Casting)
As for the slaver unit (once it is created) I'll double his chances of capturing a unit in battle as a slave. As for capturing slaves, he would have to move to be adjascent to a city, and then an action would be available ("Take Slaves") as long as the city's population is greater than 1. After the action has been completed, the city population will be decreased by 1, and a slave unit will appear on the plot with the slaver. Of course, the slave raid will not always be successful: 20% chance of success, 60% chance of failure, 20% chance that the slaver will be attacked by a unit guarding the city.

Top Bottom