Narz Monthly Civ Challange #6 : November/December!

Narz

keeping it real
Welcome once again Civ II fans. The new NMCC is out and this time you have over a month and a half to complete it! For those new to the NMCC it is basically a monthly (or bi-monthly) game where all players start from an equal start and try to win the game as quickly (and get as big) as possible. It is fun because not only is it a challange but you get to see you you fare against other Civ II fans and fanatics. Here's the game start for the month :

Specs for this month
7 Civilizations, King, Large Flat Map, Barbarian level = Roving Bands

Download Here!
Note : choose download link to disk!

This is another semi-crippled start for the human and slight advantage for the hapless AI. You are Napoleon of the French, banished on a tiny island with only your small but loyal city and a single carvel. Note, this is not a historical scenerio or an Earth like map but I figured it was appropriate to have Napoleon as the leader of an island stranded tribe.

Another twist, there are three barbarian cities each with one quality wonder, Magellian's Expidition, Michaelangelo's Chapel and Adam Smith's Trading Company. Rather than quietly build these wonders the played must go out and find and capture them.

Due to the fact that people have lives outside of Civ (even me... well I'm working on it anyway ) I have extended the amount of time you have for the game straight through to New Year's Day 2003. Enjoy! :goodjob:

- Narz :king:

In case you missed the download, here it is again, click here (choose d/l link to disk.

NMCC Homepage

This looks like loads of fun. I downloaded it. If I can make the time I would like to play it. The extra time would hopefully make it possible.

This looks like loads of fun. I downloaded it. If I can make the time I would like to play it. The extra time would hopefully make it possible.

Thats why I made it two months instead of one, I know people have lives, enjoy! :goodjob:

I confirm that I enjoyed it:
French land on AC in 1x63 [dance]
very odd landscape on AC :jump:

Narz, when we're done, where do we submit the save games?
And do you require saves at 1AD and 1000AD like the other gotm?

OK does anyone know where i can get the multiplayer edition of civ2 as i have not seen it for sale ANYWHERE!!

Narz, when we're done, where do we submit the save games?
And do you require saves at 1AD and 1000AD like the other gotm?

Send 'em to me, anthonarz@rcn.com . And yeah, I'd prefer if you send me the 1AD and 1000AD saves also though if you completely forget I will probably forgive you.

OK does anyone know where i can get the multiplayer edition of civ2 as i have not seen it for sale ANYWHERE!!

I think they have it on Amazon.com for $10 or less...

Good luck! :goodjob:

Really funny game - I can recommend. Here are some data from my rule:

2000 BC - I found two continents and two nations - Aztecs and Russians. There are AIs crusaders everywhere. My diplomats have to do pretty good job to survive. I am allied with Aztecs, cease fire with Russians.

1000 BC - Another continent - Americans - I foundated two cities here, but they have send me back to sea. They have crusaders, catapults and do not like me. Damn Americans.

1 AD - Marco Polo - finnaly! I know the world now, and I am best in science. Hoorray to conquer barbarian cities - but it is long way to go.

Narz sorry to bother you again BUT, i downloaded your savegame, went to load it and i am told it is not a valid savegame file! :cry:

Do i need any special version of civ2 as i only have the classic version? :confused:

Shoot! I think you need Civ II Gold. There is an updated though that you can download... perhaps someone else can be a bit more helpful than me. Once you update your version there shouldn't be a problem. Let me know how it goes, good luck! :goodjob:

Hmmm. Some of the patches are kinda big.
As it is i could download them at home which would take quite a while on my 56k modem, or i could download them here at college which would take about one minute!
But then i've no way to transfer the patches to my home pc as the floppy drive has seen better days. :mad: and i don't have access to a cd writer.
Any ideas??
I'll still try to get time to try your gotm if i can!

BTW do you need a decent connection speed for playing multiplayer civ2?

It doesn't take that long to download with a 56k modem, Revenant. I did it in less than an hour, IIRC.

Great looking idea, Narz! Perhaps I will try to play if I get done with GOTM22!

Well, perhaps it was longer, but I would start downloading and go do something else while it was doing its thing. It is worth the time invested, though.

I don't think i'll have time to download and play your mcc.
Maybe next time!
I didn't even get the other gotm finished due to the fact that civ2 crashes consistently on my pc. (which isn't actually mine!)

After christmas i may get my own pc and THEN i'll probably try these challenges!:p :splat:

I too cannot open it. My version of Civ2 is single player on Mac. I have not had any problems with GOTMs. I downloaded this weeks ago at work. I tried it last night and it did not work. I downloaded a fresh copy today but still could not get it to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

i might give this a try, though it'll be towards the end of the month. do you allow restarts? do you go by the same rules as the gotm? gives me an idea to start up a game for diety, small map, something i was only playing till i found this site.:crazyeye:

Hmmm. I don't know what to tell you Ali... did you try opening it from within the Civ2 program? I have a Mac as well so that shouldn't be a problem, maybe its the fact that you don't have Civ II MultiPlayer Gold. You can get a patch to upgrade I believe its available on this site.

Kenny, the rules are the same as GOTM and the scoring is too. Good luck! And let me know how your game goes. Oh yeah, and be decisive cause there's no restarts.

Thanks for your response Narz. I have no interest in playing Mutliplayer and thus prefer not to mess around with patches on an otherwise stable game. Is there any chance some kind soul can resave this in a way that does not require Multiplayer version to open.

Banished Napoleon as of 1500AD

Fr 15C 44T Rep, 778g; Col, MPE, Cope, IN, Mag, Shake, SoL. 62 units; Techs at 3T, with 1.3.6 -- researching Conscription.

Ru 10C 22T Mon, War, 304g; Sun Tsu
Zu 17C 36T Dem, Peace (H), 967g; KRC
Eg 9C 43T Rep, Peace (H), 957g; GL, Leo’s
Am 12C 34T Rep, Peace (R), 300g; Pyr, GW
En 10C 31T Rep, War, 1143g; AS, Mike’s
Mon 11C 26T Mon, War, 2005g; HG, JSB

Am Supreme & Spotless, but it feels more like the first of equals. Am missing too many key wonders for my comfort level. most of my cities are on the same rock as the Russians, and to no surprise have been at war there more often than not. Well I guess it is about time to stop dilly-dallying and go mop up.

Top Bottom