What do you think the Super Secret unit that is going to be in CIV5 is going to be

If you have to do X and then Y while keeping relations Z then I think it will be stupid no matter how 'cool' the unit will be. I want to play the game, not game it to maneuver my way to a secret unit.

On topic: It has to be James Bond.

If you have to do X and then Y while keeping relations Z then I think it will be stupid no matter how 'cool' the unit will be. I want to play the game, not game it to maneuver my way to a secret unit.

On topic: It has to be James Bond.

"Sharks with frickin' lasers"!!! :D :mischief:

The Hooligan; Special unit. Unit can enter any city with a colloseum, does damage to a random building every turn. Building a policestation increases the chance of The Hooligan to be eliminated. Not available in totalitarian governments.

No, no. We need to think bigger. A real game changer.

I suggest a zombie. You need to have developed biology, and one unit has to be on a swamp tile near the capital when the space ship fails to launch because of a malfunction and explodes on the ramp. The zombie will infect all other units it comes into contact with, and change whole cities into "zombie hives" that produce a new zombie every ten turns. The only way to kill a zombie is through nuclear weapons.

Now that would be a game changer.

So, what we know:
---Has an 'interesting' title
---Has specific requirements, possibly tech/policy/diplomacy related
---May not be tied to one civilization (speculation)

My first instinct is to say it's religious related, but that seems too easy a guess. Something like a terrorists/freedom fighters if the enemy takes over a portion of your country would be interesting, but too controversial. It's probably some future tech, since I can't think of anything historical that would really fit.

Archimedes Fire? :confused:

It's probably some future tech, since I can't think of anything historical that would really fit.

It sounds like something that doesn't depend on the age. I'm wondering if your religion idea wasn't that bad after all -- have a "religious founder" whose creed spreads like a wildfire. Not tied to a certain age, a completely new mechanic, and because they were pretty rare in history (at most half a dozen big ones in about 2.500 years), the special treatment would be justified.

I just hope it isn't another military unit. To be honest, the military aspects of the game are getting to be a bit much. Are we sure this is going to be Civ, or are we going to have to call this one "Sid's Prussia" -- armies with countries instead of countries with armies.

Or what about SUPER MEGA DEATH CHRIST resurrecting friendly dead units? And killing everyone else.

Well if its not simply sarcasm or a retort on behalf of Mr. Shirk, if their is sceret units, perhaps secret UU we don't know about that sounds cool, Though if we don't know how to get them and to get them we can't find out by accident because we need to aim to get them, how do we find out how to get them o.0.

Suffice to say, should be fun if true. With so few troops compared to cIV (with the resources limits) spending time to get a SUPER unit should be good fun, as you then watch this say GDR stomping around killing everything.

We will see.

Sure, because nothing is controversial about a prophet being a UU. :mischief:

Probably we will never really get it... I would think along the lines of a UU that can really wreak havoc in subtle ways rather than with brute force. If that will not happen because the game uses spies for that niche, then I guess it will be a UU that is really historically well known. Something like that Scottish highlander guy William Wallace, or Hannibal, or an American general because 2k is Americancentric like that. Maybe even the knights of the round table... Or Merlin. :D

There are only three possible answers. I'll tell you, but they'll change the answer once I've told you, so as to fool you, but in a few years they'll admit what they did.

1. Chuck Norris. I don't think I have to explain this, what with the entry in the ChuckNorrisFacts page. The Chuck Norris unit will either be some unstoppable combat unit or will be some sort of peace-keeping unit (as in Walker Texas Ranger). There's a slight chance he'd be some sort of entertainer or missionary, but those aspects of his reputation aren't as well appreciated.

2. Sid Meier. The only person more popular IN THE CIV COMMUNITY is Sid. The community wouldn't exist without Sid. Sid is a modest guy, but he does recognize that he has fans, even if he doesn't believe he deserves them, and fans must have something to point at and say "That's so cool!" once in a while. The Sid Meier unit will put any city into permanent "We Love TheDS day" just by being in the city; joining is not necessary, Sid can move from city to city and spread joy. He's great at getting newly conquered cities out of disorder, but there's only one of him.

3. A Cat. I shouldn't have to explain this either; we all know that cats secretly rule the world and own us. Even those of us who don't host a cat in our own homes are aware on a subconscious level that all we do, we do for cats. The Cat will be able to turn any tile into a desert (litterbox), and can be sent to other civs regardless of OB agreements, where the Cat will enslave that civ without need to conquer it militarily.

Or maybe it'll be me. I saw someone suspiciously resembling Sid snapping pictures of me yesterday.

3. A Cat. I shouldn't have to explain this either; we all know that cats secretly rule the world and own us. Even those of us who don't host a cat in our own homes are aware on a subconscious level that all we do, we do for cats. The Cat will be able to turn any tile into a desert (litterbox), and can be sent to other civs regardless of OB agreements, where the Cat will enslave that civ without need to conquer it militarily.
The fun part is that in every game this unit will either be available or unavailable based on a totally new mechanic; The cat unit will be created on an isolated thread at the start of the game and every turn it will use the RNG to determine if it should stay available but you won't know if the unit is still there until you discover quantum mechanics at which point the object's state becomes known.
Note: This cat unit will not be in copies purchased from Steam, only in retail boxed copies.

The fun part is that in every game this unit will either be available or unavailable based on a totally new mechanic; The cat unit will be created on an isolated thread at the start of the game and every turn it will use the RNG to determine if it should stay available but you won't know if the unit is still there until you discover quantum mechanics at which point the object's state becomes known.
Note: This cat unit will not be in copies purchased from Steam, only in retail boxed copies.

Schrodinger would play Civ... or maybe not. :crazyeye:

Dlc. ^_^

will ther be war elephants btw, or only as uu?

Top Bottom