Mongolia completely overpowered?

This isn't necro, this is archaeology.

While it's open, anyone play them since BNW and notice anything interesting about them? I guess maybe that they are a bit less OP because of warmongering penalties? I guess that means little in a MP game without any AI though.

Had a couple of rolls with them. Didn't spot anything that wouldn't apply to any other Civ going on a domination roll. I find CS money from trade routes actually helps with the early warmongering. Getting the Keshiks to tanks and landships with the appropriate Autocracy social policies is fun as some of the promos do carry over. Nothing unique to Mongolia though.

Great Archeologist globalicecream unearthed a Thread from Ancient Era, granting +2 culture and +2 tourism per turn. It'll soon be placed in the Civfanatics Museum.

Mongolia ain't OP at all, but Keshiks kinda are. Their only flaw is low Strengths, but +50% XP and being so fast compensates for that.

Their UA, bonus vs CS' is just useless, until CS declare war on you. but Keshiks are just badass with Khans. and I think they deserve such a good UU. so, they are not OP at all.

Don't forget that the Mongol's UA also adds +1 movement to all horse units. This applies not just to Keshiks, but also to Chariot Archers, Horseman, Lancers and Cavalry.

Top Bottom