G&K video preview with Dennis Shirk and Ed Beach

If they seriously want to do that, they should post something backing their claims of a vastly improved AI. That alone is going to hurt their sales. Many people who play CiV now do not plan on buying GnK, unless they know the AI issues are improved.

This is also the #1 issue for me. However, I can't for the life of me think of anything they could post other than the aforementioned claims. Anything more will have to wait for player testing.

(And I won't trust superficial reviews on this. Some players and reviewers still think it is impossible to win Civ5 peacefully, which is nonsense. Sure, it is impossible to win peacefully while militarily pathetic while next to a strong civ while playing diplo very stupidly, I'll give you that...)

This is also the #1 issue for me. However, I can't for the life of me think of anything they could post other than the aforementioned claims. Anything more will have to wait for player testing.

(And I won't trust superficial reviews on this. Some players and reviewers still think it is impossible to win Civ5 peacefully, which is nonsense. Sure, it is impossible to win peacefully while militarily pathetic while next to a strong civ while playing diplo very stupidly, I'll give you that...)

I am not sure what they can post either. From what i saw the AI do in the smoky skys preview I am not impressed.

For the ruins of faith it says quote" You have found a secret religious community. The preacher foretells the arrival of a great prophet. You have recieved 60 faith."

60 sounds so much... I guess these are going to be my new favorite kind of ruin!

60 sounds so much... I guess these are going to be my new favorite kind of ruin!
Same here since apprantly faith is probably going to be very hard to get.

In the video, Breda has a trade route although there is no road connections. So, the Polders are acting as one !

They are yielding 4f 1p 2c on marshes who are usually 1f 0p 0c

Unless it's just the graphics and there are actually roads there. Did we see any tooltips for those tiles?

Unless it's just the graphics and there are actually roads there. Did we see any tooltips for those tiles?

There's a tooltip for one of the Polder tiles that doesn't have a road mentioned, although it is not a tile on the shortest route between the visible road and the city. It looks the same as all the other Polder tiles though, including the ones that are on the shortest route between the visible road and the city.

OTOH, all other improvements clearly show roads AFAIK.

The better way to deal with that is to make the health hit less than 50%, not to make Mountains the same movement cost as Plains. Crossing mountains should still be difficult, even for Carthaginians.

The mechanic is broken. Mountains should be a three movement penalty for every civ. Two for Carthagian civs. The health depletion should be 50% per turn ended on mountain. So a regular one movement guy would be stuck there the following turn and he would be down 50% health. He would only receive one movement on the third turn even if he went on plains terrain (no double across plains upon climbing down the mountain).

A two movement guy would be stuck there for one turn and lose 50% health. However, he would regain full movement on the way off the mountain on the third turn.

Carthage should have a 2 movement penalty for all units and one movement penalty for the UU, so it is a hill basically.

I wonder why they didn't even mention Byzantium while they spoke about all of the other new Civs. The Byzantines are defiantly the one I'm most excited for so that was a little disappointing, however it was great information.

The mechanic is broken. Mountains should be a three movement penalty for every civ. Two for Carthagian civs. The health depletion should be 50% per turn ended on mountain. So a regular one movement guy would be stuck there the following turn and he would be down 50% health. He would only receive one movement on the third turn even if he went on plains terrain (no double across plains upon climbing down the mountain).

A two movement guy would be stuck there for one turn and lose 50% health. However, he would regain full movement on the way off the mountain on the third turn.

Carthage should have a 2 movement penalty for all units and one movement penalty for the UU, so it is a hill basically.

I disagree with a nerf on this ability . The Crossing mountain ability for Carthage isn't their main ability and isn't even strong enough to justify such heavy nerf like this . This ability is more interesting to be used as a alternative route for surprise players who try to use Mountains as a natural defense and this case is very unusual .

On the subject of how good crossing mountains is, not so good you need to take that big an HP hit. On the subject of how good firing from mountains with a two-deep line of ranged units when they can't be attacked back is... probably good enough to make sure the player never does it. Although I still don't think they'd do it even if the crossing damage were even half what it is.

They have to keep the 50% damage from mountain penalty so you don't have your army marching about hiding on mountains from your enemy, preventing them from killing you. Though that would look kinda funny :p

Everyone its not 50% damage it's an exact 50 health so 50 or less health will kill the unit.

if your unit has the medic promotion any unit beside it gets extra heal from 1hp to 2hp or in gods and kings 10hp to 20hp. when healing

Is that just logical speculation or is it confirmed?
Also it used to stack remember. I love doing that.
You can go from half to nearly full in one turn with
enough medic units.

Is that just logical speculation or is it confirmed?
Also it used to stack remember. I love doing that.
You can go from half to nearly full in one turn with
enough medic units.
Its confirmed since civ 5 came out 2 years ago.

I mean how is to going to work in Gods and Kings.
probably the same exact way but with it healing 10hp with the promotion 20hp.

Top Bottom