Sheaim and Hyborem

malfuriouspete

Chieftain
Giving the game a run through as the Sheaim as I wanted to try to be as evil as possible..;)

Researched the tech for Ashen Veil and decided to bring in Hyborem through infernal pacts. At this point, the AV has spread to all of my cities, have about 12 - 4 are 20 pop plus commerce/beakers/hammer centers.

Hyborem casts 'Hyborem's Whisper' and I essentially lose my best city to him which happens to be my capital (right in the center of my empire) and hell is starting to spread.

Because I've never played as the Sheaim before... do I let this happen? Should I take the city back... or just reload a save and play as Hyborem when given the chance? I know they are all for Armageddon but I'm none to pleased about just handing over my best city to the demons.

any thoughts?

Unless you plan on switching civs, Hyborem is less of a benefit of Infernal Pact and more of a side-effect. Wipe him out, take back what's yours, and resume bringing the world to an end.

Early in the game I wonder if that may be hard because Hyborem is relatively strong early on and re Sheiam really get strong late in the game (pyre zombies are the exception I believe).

build Rosier before hyborem does....build pyre zombies and AV prests - three priest is enough....burn hyborem with rings of fire and sacrifice some PZs if necessary and take the rest with Rosier.

For AC there is no need to keep Hyborem alive. Hell already spreads and eventually you will get getting sheut stone and nightmare bonuses anyway...assuming, resources are there...

Giving the game a run through as the Sheaim as I wanted to try to be as evil as possible..;)

Researched the tech for Ashen Veil and decided to bring in Hyborem through infernal pacts. At this point, the AV has spread to all of my cities, have about 12 - 4 are 20 pop plus commerce/beakers/hammer centers.

Hyborem casts 'Hyborem's Whisper' and I essentially lose my best city to him which happens to be my capital (right in the center of my empire) and hell is starting to spread.

Because I've never played as the Sheaim before... do I let this happen? Should I take the city back... or just reload a save and play as Hyborem when given the chance? I know they are all for Armageddon but I'm none to pleased about just handing over my best city to the demons.

any thoughts?

Evil can be fun. Take back your city. Infernals are an ally. Anything else?

Unless you plan on switching civs, Hyborem is less of a benefit of Infernal Pact and more of a side-effect. Wipe him out, take back what's yours, and resume bringing the world to an end.

Agree.
Beat them early, much harder to later on (due to fire/death/unholy magic resistance).

Agree.
Beat them early, much harder to later on (due to fire/death/unholy magic resistance).

I like to have an epic game. Let both Mercurians and Infernals to thrive. Only 2 games I ever took out the Infernals.

1) One of my first ever FFH2 games. Playing Khazad, they appeared next to me, declared war, I destroyed them. Ended up losing to Clan of Embers and Perpentach. It was an awesome game.

2) Wild Mana mod. Played Sheaim. Later in game, Infernals were some distance away, they had a tough stack, but took them out fortunately.

Otherwise Infernals have never been a threat. I try to help them out, so the AI doesn't kill them too early.

Top Bottom