Erebus

Mryddyn agrees that he will go find something to eat and so he sets off in search of likely prey. he widens the range of his Life Sense to help him locate a likely target. when he finds one he will use his bow to shoot a killing blow so the poor creature dosnt realise what hit it. he will then skin and gut it and prepare the meat for the road, while giving the fresh bones to Tsanal with a puzzled expression, thinking: [i hope he dosnt create an undead abomination with these]

(mryddyn also gives an earing to each of his other companions, and puts on his own.)

[@ DM: so does that mean i can draw my stored energy from my staff or other people to alow me the shapeshift more than once a day?]

[You can combine your magical abilities, and make use of those you wouldn't be able to otherwise. There's no 1/day shapeshift limit, but there are always some dangers. The staff will work as "someone else" too.]

Tsanal and Ken combine their magic using their earrings as a connection. It takes some time and energy to balance it and get used to this new weird form of existance, as a part of each others's minds, but it succeeds. They try to grab a rock with their magic.

The rock begins to twitch as if it was alive, and finally disappears, to appear instantly between them.

Mryddyn's hunting brought some meat, hide and bones, which Tsanal and Ken grab to the campsite, having got used to this new way of carrying stuff.

That combination of your abilities really is amazing... is there a limit to the size and weight of what you can transport? would it be possible for you to transport, say, a person? and do you have to know where that person is?

"Well, I suppose it is possible, with time, but I don't think we should do it yet. If something goes wrong, it is likely to be very painful for that person. And yes, I think we'll need to know where he or she is. I suppose I could find out with my magic, though I'll need something from them, preferably a former part of their body, such as a hair," Tsanal says after thinking about it for some time. He then takes to bones, and begins to clean them.
"I just need to do this before we go. D'you mind waking the others?
[Which sort of animal is it?]

[Mryddyn brought a deer and two rabbits]

"hmmm, i was just thinking that we could bring corvanes to us rather than having to find him ourselves. And i dont really mind it if he goes through a little pain, after seeing what he does to other people, even dead ones. and as for needing something of his, would those books we found work?"

with that Mryddyn goes to wake the others and get the horses ready for the long journey ahead.

When everyone is ready to go Mryddyn says: "i was thinking, if two people dont mind sharing a horse for the first leg of this trip i might scout ahead as an owl. ive also talked to this big Roan horse (mryddyn points to one of the horses), and he says that he wont mind carrying 2 of us, provided we dont wriggle too much."

[if we agree, can DM tell me what the terrain is like ahead and if i see any other travellers, or potential threats?]

Tsanal smirks at Mryddyn and says: "I don't think it'll be neccesary to ride two on one...."
He then takes the bones from the deer, and lay them on the ground. He then proceeds to enchant them to stick together as in life, and then tries to revive it as a skeleton. Finally, he tries to use his mind magic to control the newly created skeleton. If all this works, he tries to mount the undead deer, and then says: "Ready to go?"

The deer's bones don't seem to do anything, but then Tsanal realises to put them roughly where they should be, when they stick together. The result rises up and staggers around a bit before others notice what it is.

The skeleton stag looks like a crude parody of life, bones sticking out in weird places and missing in others, but it stands. When Munak sees it she almost screams of terror before noticing that Tsanal controls it.

As you try riding the creature, one fault is uncovered. As it has almost no tissue anywhere, and if it has it, it might be better without, it is an extremely uncomfortable ride. Putting as many blankets on it as possible helps a bit but still a day on that beast would be a sure way to get sore.

Tsanal goes down from the skeleton, studies it a bit, and then says: "Well, at least it can be used for carrying our things... So, who were riding together?"

Mryddyn is shocked by Tsanals actions with the deer, but then realising his foolishness of playing along when he knew what would result: "why do you insist on creating this crude mimicry of life? It is an insult to the Gods and an Abomination. And to what ends? That poor... thing... is too bony to ride and it must surely need your constant concentration to control it like that. it is more a burden than what it could carry! " with that he whirls around leaps into the air and before he hits the ground he is the black feathered owl once more.

[Thinking] "i know Tsanal means well, but things like this just should not happen. he is almost as bad as that Octopus Overlords priest and the drown... well no, not that bad. they didnt have good intentions. Maybe a bit of wind through my feathers will calm me down..." he then focuses on the journey ahead and scours the countryside for potential threats whilst enjoying the freedom of flight once more.

[OOC: sorry Tsanal :p im Sure Mryddyn will calm down after he has had some time to think things through. just playing in Character you know ;) ]

"Hmmh... that gold can probably be seen by anyone who looks here.. You should give it to me, I will keep it safe!"

ooc: I will never want to teleport. If someone teleports me, happens this:
:ar15: :twitch:

Having expected the reaction, Tsanal sighs, and replies through the magic link, with the answer he had already prepared: "I really don't see why people dislike necromancy. Well, divine Necromany, sure, because that is granted by evil gods, and to get those powers you have to do evil deeds, but arcane necromancy is just... recyling. The deer was already dead when I did this, it's not like I'm killing people just for reanimating. I'm just using the spare parts to help us."
After pausing to catch his breath after this seemingly endless stream of words, he continue: "Anyway, it wont be more trouble than it's worth. Sure, it's pretty demanding on the mind, but it's not a very complex creature. And, the strain on my mind doesn't increase with the load it carries. The bones carry it, I control it. So, why don't you just load your items on it? It would be easier for the horses too, even if they may dislike their new companion a bit."

[ DMs? I still don't know what information I got from the books, and I weren't able to buy things I'd think I'd need because of the information I got from the books, while we were in the city. Can I please get the information now!? ]

DMs? I still don't know what information I got from the books, and I weren't able to buy things I'd think I'd need because of the information I got from the books, while we were in the city. Can I please get the information now?
You got some books ona few subjects. If you have specific questions about those subjects, pose them, but I'm not going to write out whole books.

If you want to have bought something, but other people moved the story along while you were away, it's okay to do so retroactively.

Top Bottom