Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tweaked the map at England,Egypt,Greece/Ottomon Areas. I have also locked rules and set to Emperor. I left America in this time ;) ! I have alterted Russia and Japan names. Everything else should be the same.

Have fun..Give me feed back?...I won't update until everyone who plays a full game and then we can decide what needs changes.

tacfun

PS..U must unzip file.

I don't mean to be rude but is this thread still for Rhye's mod or for all of these variants that are popping up?

I'm interested in keeping up with the most current changes that Rhye adds because I like to see how the different civs handle and help balance things out with feedback and strategy guides. It's hard to keep track of what is going on when I have to wade through a dozen posts about variants every time I check this thread. I'm glad people are enthusiastic but maybe we could have separate threads for Rhye's mod and all the others?

tacfun said:
Rhye, I like the changes to the map. I do have a request for England? What about near London to the west of the tip you put a fish and whale reachable. Then we can properly make Plymouth. This should help England also be a bit better.

tacfun
.....................Whale
.............................FISH XXHill
..................................................XLondon

I tried to give you example!..LOL! X=Land tile!

You mean near the Cornwall?
There's already a resource there - it's invisible but there's a 1/0/1. There's no fish because a 2/0/1 would give too much advantage, and the borders would invade France, which would build one city less.
Trust me, I've spent yesterday night and this morning balancing this and I won't change it.

Horton said:
I don't mean to be rude but is this thread still for Rhye's mod or for all of these variants that are popping up?

I'm interested in keeping up with the most current changes that Rhye adds because I like to see how the different civs handle and help balance things out with feedback and strategy guides. It's hard to keep track of what is going on when I have to wade through a dozen posts about variants every time I check this thread. I'm glad people are enthusiastic but maybe we could have separate threads for Rhye's mod and all the others?

Please do not open other threads anybody. I can hardly handle this, I don't want to subscribe to other threads and browse them.

Horton, for the strategy guides just ignore the variants.

Lachlan said:
When the biq version of 134x130 world map :) ?

If we can play 31 on it ... 20/20 !!!

That map will hardly contain 31 civs. It's possible, but some civs will have 1 or 2 cities. It is made to contain 16, but it could be more if the 17th+ are in non-crowded continents.

And as I've said, it is in the bottom of my to-do list.

And my very long term to-do list is:

1- Expansion Pack
2- Civ Pack?
3- Vanilla version
4- Multiplayer version (maybe with a cut of that map)
5- Some scenarios with preplaced cities?

Now that I've unveiled that, I can explain more in details what they will contain:

1) for sure:
-2nd UUs
-2 more units
-many changes to the units stats
-several changes to the tech tree
maybe:
-religions
-some new leaderheads
-some new wonders
-some new governments

2)As there's a great request, I may get rid of "Sumeria" version and once for all, do an alternative version with the civs you want in.
You can discuss here, or I can post a poll and let you choose.
Possibly in: Sumeria, Sioux, Australia, Khmer, Poland, Hittites, Celts.
Possibly out: Israel, Ethiopia, America, Byzantines, Austria, Korea, Netherlands, Maya.
I want to point out that this would be a stand-alone pack based on the basic mod, leading to a dead end. The development will continue with the Xpack.

3)16 civs in the 134x130 map. A boring thing to do, but sooner or later it has to be done.

4)There are 2 possible choices about the map: cutting the 134x130 or making a 100x100, as there are max 8 players.
And another doubt: free choice for the civs, or divided in 4 groups

5)It would be nice to preplace cities coherent with some dates. For example before 1700, or 1776, or 1789, or 1815. But I don't promise anything. I'm not sure of doing it and when.

Rhye, I would suggest not doing any alternate civ versions. With the 31 civ limit, there is no way everyone is going to be happy with either version. For example, if you do a version with the Mali and the Poles instead of the Americans and the Byzantines, someone is going to ask for a version with the Mali and the Americans but not the Poles or Byzantines, and someone else will ask for a version with the Poles and Byzantines but not the Mali or Americans, and yet another person will ask you to add the Khmer instead of the Mali. No matter how many versions you make with alternate civs, you won't satisfy anyone completely. It is better to simply select 31 civs carefully and stick with them.

I've already chosen the 31 civs and I'll stick with them for the Xpack.
I said this only to fulfil your requests. Changing 4-5 civs, choosing them after your votation. The winners, if they have my approval (basically depending if there's stuff around) are in and out. If someone doesn't like it, he's free to make his own version.
That's it, basically a thing for you (I don't care of the new civs and will not import them in the Xpack)

I think your time would be best spent working on the Xpack and not getting too ambitious with too many projects. If you look at the TET thread, you can see that he tried to do too many variations of his mod, and the new version is taking forever because he has so much to work on. I'm strongly in favor of having only one .biq file for your mod, but making it a very good one.

I am inclined to agree with Jaguar, although other civs would be great, one very good version is enough for me! :goodjob:

Multiplayer version would be very hard to do on a full world map. This is the best civ choice I could come up with:

Rome
China
India
Arabia
England
Russia
France
Aztecs

It's still a little tough though.

The reasons we make varient .BIQ Files is to show other ideas and maybe find mistakes or things missing? For example while making varient .BIQ files I found some places that were missing INCENTS(BAD SPELLING!) so Rhye seen and added. Also city placement lists. So-on so-on...Its to help and improve not to piss off!

tacfun

Rhye above I posted my .BIQ file for your review go up the posts to see. Should be on this page.

tacfun

tacfun said:
The reasons we make varient .BIQ Files is to show other ideas and maybe find mistakes or things missing? For example while making varient .BIQ files I found some places that were missing INCENTS(BAD SPELLING!) so Rhye seen and added. Also city placement lists. So-on so-on...Its to help and improve not to piss off!

tacfun
I think that other people making their own alternate versions is an excellent idea. But I think Rhye should keep focused.

Please post any feedback as soon as you can about my VERSION of Rhye's mod?

tacfun

@laxpimj

When i used the first links after putting your username and password (i tried several times) it just keeps popping up. When i use my second one my download accelerater (getright) keeps downloading the page and not giving me the option of logging in as you. I might try to dissable it for a while and see if that works.

@Rhye: Bring in AUSTRALIA or the ABORIGINES either would be good. Im confident it would add a whole new dimension to the game. Aborigines is more realisticthen america seeing as they were there as far back as 40,000 years before european colonisation.

EDIT: I tried turning off getright and it asked me for username and password but it still didnt work.

EDIT2: it works but its 75 mega bytes. (OUCH). Maybe ill get it later.

tacfun said:
Rhye above I posted my .BIQ file for your review go up the posts to see. Should be on this page.

tacfun

I don't understand why you made that changes. I spent some time balancing things, now that fishes and that hills make things both inaccurate (hills in Egypt? Where?) and unbalanced (too strong England, Egypt, Greece).

If you want something to do, I think you should make something more interesting, instead of re-balnacing what's already balanced.
You could update the Australia variant to 2.61!

Jaguar said:
I think your time would be best spent working on the Xpack and not getting too ambitious with too many projects. If you look at the TET thread, you can see that he tried to do too many variations of his mod, and the new version is taking forever because he has so much to work on. I'm strongly in favor of having only one .biq file for your mod, but making it a very good one.

OK, that was just a proposal, seen that you all were requesting many civs. You requested Poland if I'm not wrong (or was it Khift)? I won't change the 31 civs of the standard mod, and I still get requests for other civs (see Tyrion above in this page).
The priority's for the Xpack, so I don't really care if I don't make it (which was a quick thing anyway, I'm not Tet whose updates take years)

Rhye said:

1- Expansion Pack
2- Civ Pack?
3- Vanilla version
4- Multiplayer version
5- Some scenarios with preplaced cities?

If you see I put "?" next to n.2 and n.5.

But I forgot to add another thing:

1- Expansion Pack
2- Complete the strategy guides, filling what's missing and updating the rest to the Xpack. The 2nd UU will add much strategical depth: you have one more card to play. Of course, writing the strats is up to you. I'm not good at writing in English (lots of mispells), and playing.
3- Vanilla version
4- Multiplayer version

Said that, what happens now to Sumeria version?

I think it should be voted on and if not enough people want Sumeria in, delete it. No point in keeping on updating variants that nobody wants.
I know I'm a nag but please consider officially making the swap between Byzantines and poland. It will make Europe make much more sense and finally allow the Roman empire to rise as a single entity.
I'm not gonna nag you about it but just consider it for either the basic mod or the Xpack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom