Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhye,
this might have been issued before since I have not taken too much time to look into your latest version.

The issue is Cruise Missiles...
They should be able to fire from at least AEGIS Cruisers, but also from Battleships.
You could add Modern Battleships that can fire cruise missiles, plenty of fine units made by Vingrjoe and Wyrmshadow for that issue.

Then the cruise missile should perhaps be moved away fromthat early Modern Times part back to Smart Weapons. We all remember seeing those babies come roaring into Bagdad pinpointing their targets (according to the Generals...)
That should be replace in Rocketry by at least Scuds or something similar.

Look at this to confirm
http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/factfile/ships/ship-cru.html

Cemo

Rhye,
I just forgot this about Carriers.

Shouldn't you put those in two upgrades too.
WW2 Carrier less planes and less defense.
Nuclear or Modern Carriers with higher defense and such, more planes.

If it's interresting I have tried out a method to get 3 kinds of planes.
1 type to land only on land.
1 type to land only on older carrier (WW2) or VTOL Carrier/Assault Ships.
Then the modern heavy naval jetfighters and attacks F-14/F-18 that can only land on land (of course) and on the bigger modern carriers.
It works so far for me, but I'm not sure how the AI thinks this out. I know AI can handle the old version of twisted landbased and naval based aircrafts.

All games I have played AI doesn't seam to go easy to build carriers at all. That is of course the old Civ3 standard types and versions. No mods.

Have anyone got a thoughts on this
Cemo

Cruise Missiles for AEGIS Cruisers only sounds pretty nice, actually. As Rhye said, though, he doesn't want to give the Battleship yet another reason to be the only modern ship you build. If you were to give AEGIS Cruisers the ability to use Cruise Missiles, though, then each ship would have a purpose - Battleships for heavy battle, Destroyers for bombardment and Marine incursions, and AEGIS Cruisers for missile support. Then, just throw in an extra point of AA on the AEGIS Cruisers and I know I'd use them at times.

It would be nice if AEGIS Cruisers simply had a long-range bombard (same range as a cruise missile) with a bombard rating and ROF similar to that of the cruise missile, with an appropriate animation. This would represent the AEGIS Cruiser being well-stocked with missiles and capable to strike each turn.

The secret, I think, of getting cruise missiles on ships or/and subs are to make them tactical missiles, added to the cruise missile tag.

Then making the ship or sub carrying tactical missiles like the nuclear subs already are. Of course one can't add lots of transport on those subs/ships since the downside is that AEGIS Cruisers then actually can carry just as many normal Tactical Nuclear Missiles as cruise missiles I think.

The same problem with all transport for ships. 5 infantry equals 5 Modern Armor, which is a bit wrong, but that's Civ3 for you.

Cemo

Cemo, actually if you mark cruise missiles both as tac nuke and say, foot soldiers, a nuke sub that has "carry tac nuke only" selected will be able to carry both tac nukes and cruise missiles, and a cruiser that has "carry tac missile only" and "carry foot soldier only" will only be able to carry cruise missiles. The transport may be able to carry cruise missiles that way, but it can be done slightly differently. There was a table that showed how somewhere in the forums. I'm not exactly sure how it went.

Also, units in civ definately don't represent individual soldiers, tanks, or rockets. They represent large amounts, regiments, divisions, whatever. So if a transport can carry the same number of tanks as infantry, the infantry must be numerous enough to take up all that place.

You are correct about cruise missiles.
About the same as my issue about carriers. I can get my heavy jets to land only on modern carriers.
Old prop planes can then only land on WW2 Carriers and I made VTOL planes (Harriers) that can still use the old carriers (if any are left). Then the new VTOL Carrier can carry the Harrier and any old prop that still are left later in the game.

Still believe the AI have a problem with it he-he

That table should be keen to look at. Anyone knows where it is. I like to compare my own tries and see if I missed something more

Found it!
Didn't take much digging as I had a thread in my subscription list that I knew had a link to this idea somewhere.. Turned out to be on the first page. :D

very good job but do you mind making one with a smaller dimension 140x140 or something because many computers still net to load alot at 170x170 even with your mod where you save much time...

In my plans there was originally a smaller version, based in the 134x130 map that you can see in my signature.
Unfortunately, the expansion pack is taking so much time that I don't know if I want to spend more time on Civ after I've finished it.

The release of the pack should be the end of the month.
The date is depending on other people's work times. I'm waiting for some unit creator here, and I'm waiting for Rufus to make some missing wonder splashes.
We are about at 50% of the work now. I really want to release it as soon as possible because I'll have few time to spend on hit after we hit November.

Okay, I'm now going to FINALLY start my first test game on RoX...
I decided to play Spain because I want to test the new naval movement and Spain is the only colonial power I have ever played before, and last time I was aiming at a colonial empire as well. This way I may be able to compare.

Errr... Why the heck did I start with Warrior Code and the ancient age tech of Pagan Cults along with my starting tech of Pottery?
Rhye, I've got the feeling you simply selected the wrong Pagan Cults tech... I bet I don't have the no-age prerequisite just like I don't have the ancient age prerequisite for Pagan Cults...
Anyway, I hope this won't unbalance the game in my favor too much. If it does I'll wait for it to be fixed or just fix it myself in the editor.

Bleh, we'll talk about it tomorrow... I should have been in bed an hour ago. Damn you and your sublime mod, Rhye!
Just I'll quickly say it seems to work fine, nobody became any kind of superpower as far as I can see, though oddly enough America has been building wonders (I think they nabbed two whole pagan wonders...) Also the Arabs have at least three wonders already.
I'm at the very end of the ancient age, in the 500s AD, researching the last required tech.
I'm kinda sad that I'll prolly have to restart because of the fixed biq... I've gotten attached to my tiny empire of Iberia.
Btw, I managed to hit Monarchy about a millennium ago... It was pretty easy to get there since I was first to philosophy. I like the new tech tree. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom