Enter a Brave New World

At 00:42 if you look at York and Nottingham they have what appears to be new buildings that don't have icons associated with them yet. Can't read them but could be a clue to new wonders or buildings.

Also at 00:47 they show Broadway as a text icon in the Tech icons at the top left.

I am more pumped about the release of this expansion than I was for Civ 5.

Seriously I've been dreaming of something like this since civ 2.

The problem I find with civ is that its mostly a war game, but finally it looks like alternatives to war (like trade, culture) are getting the proper attention they deserve.

CAN NOT WAIT!

At 00:42 if you look at York and Nottingham they have what appears to be new buildings that don't have icons associated with them yet. Can't read them but could be a clue to new wonders or buildings.

It's already being discussed in the other threads. York is building a Musicians Guild and Nottingham is building East India Company (we don't know if that's a national wonder, a UB or a plain building yet).

:rolleyes:
I'm not 100% on all of these, but I'll give it a go:
Banana
Silk
Impi
Trade Caravan
Zulu
Probably just updated graphics

My question: What's the resource NE of the Archaeologist at 1:03?
Ahh damn, bad refering - saw the video on YouTube including a 3 second intro. Just to clarify, the first question is on the plantation next to Beethoven. Sure it's bananas? I would definitely rather say spices, but not bananas. Am I really wrong?

Must be some sort of a trading unit, but has it been confirmed that sure they will have 1 :c5moves:? Come to think of it I think I've noticed that before on one of the very first videos released. Never heard it confirmed though.

At 0:48 ±3 seconds there's two resources in the jungles. Are these two also just old ones?

Sure it's the Zulu? The logo and the Civilization is white...

Also at 00:47 they show Broadway as a text icon in the Tech icons at the top left.
Ahhh, they have replaced new buildings with texts only. The same with both Nottingham and York. There's also a new thing from the telecommunication technology and for a short time thought it was a telecommunication central :rolleye:

The fort seems off to me. It's part palisade, part earthworks, and part rampart. It makes me wonder if they are doing something to make forts more usable. Like having a much shorter build time.

The fort seems off to me. It's part palisade, part earthworks, and part rampart. It makes me wonder if they are doing something to make forts more usable. Like having a much shorter build time.

It could be just era-specific graphics, or even just new graphics. It could be scenario-specific graphics. It could be some completely new mechanic like ability to upgrade forts. It could be even a new improvement type.

We're absolutely in dark here.

The Featurette was a pretty decent idea. It was unfortunately based on a feature we were fairly familiar with. Obviously we did learn new things, but they were details that we had to suss out. If the 1.5 minute featurette were used to showcase a new civ or a scenario, that would be excellent.

Fully agree, perhaps Kate sees this and tells them :D?

Fully agree, perhaps Kate sees this and tells them :D?

They've likely already finished the audio and, given that the footage is from an older version than we've been seeing recently, finished the video. Therefore, Kate can't do much to increase the likelihood of seeing a new civ in a video. We can ask her to reveal the civ on the side, but that's different.

Uberfrog, they've probably polished it since then (once again, that was old footage).

It could be just era-specific graphics, or even just new graphics. It could be scenario-specific graphics. It could be some completely new mechanic like ability to upgrade forts. It could be even a new improvement type.

We're absolutely in dark here.

Looks like the current graphics for forts under construction to me.

Top Bottom