Colonization Strategy Section

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
I have just created a Civilization IV: Colonization Strategy section that is intended to serve as a collection of in-depth articles on the main site. If you've looked at the Civ4/Civ3 War Academies, you know what to expect.

The articles I have chosen from the Strategy Articles forum are:

Do you think there are others that should be included? Are there some articles that do not yet exist but you would like to see written?

>> View the Colonization Strategy page

Well done! :b:

I was looking for an article regarding how, and when the king increases taxes and asks for lump sums of gold. More than just repeating what is in the Pedia - preferably by translating the code.
Do the taxes go up once a set amount of goods (+units?!) are sold, bought or both? Are the taxes linked to the number of transactions as opposed to the value traded?

If I have lots of money will the king ask for gold instead of increasing taxes? Or if I spend all of my money as soon as it is earned do I have to worry about the king asking for money I do not have?

Feel free to delete this post if such info is already provided, but I couldn't see it in any of the links given in the OP.

whats the best way to make it so you dont lose once you declare your independance like is there a reccomended number of cities or troops in the cities or what?

There isn't such a thing as a "magic formula".

It will always depend on map, mapsize, difficulty level and so on.

whats the best way to make it so you dont lose once you declare your independance like is there a reccomended number of cities or troops in the cities or what?

Well actually... there is a magic formula.... Lots of them actually, so you need to find the one you like best.

For Example:
I like to have as many frigates as the king has warships + 4 or more ships of the line. I like to play the naval strategy.

I have ready many folks proclaim a strategy that requires exactly 3 cities, of size 20 each. and exactly 9 elder statesmen working for exactly 7 years... I am not really interested in trying that one.

There is another that runs that you only need 1/3 of the king's dragoons to clear them off the map whenever they land.

So.... yep, go find your formula and let us know. :)

Hello tell a case is not released a new version of the game colonization,and the old all good but that's only people without a break jump(I already have all built,troops have made,and still they jump)can help ,but then the game is cool to play long time ago in all kinds of civilization(Civ3,4,5,Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword, fashion RedForce.SB 1.4.0,колонизацю,galactic civilization, and so on.

Top Bottom