SGOTM 14 - Kakumeika

> 21.88 % 58

Should be:

21.88 % 54

Damage inflicted is usually a linear step function, but 58/100 is off the slope of this step function. It should be 54.

There doesn't seem to be much difference between these two sets of odds, because the latter wears down The Wizard of Oz down faster and requires fewer attacks on average to kill the Wizard. The reason is where there is a small difference it favors Pinch over Combat III:

Code:
         Pinch C3
W 100 HP 0.04 0.03 \ 
W 40-70  0.64 0.59  > Pinch is best in killing in first attack, 1.64% vs 1.49%
W 10 HP  0.96 0.88 /
===============
W 00 HP = 80 HP Damage 01.64 01.49
L 02 HP = 78 HP Damage 02.00 01.88
L 15 HP = 65 HP Damage 04.14 03.94
L 28 HP = 52 HP Damage 08.00 07.74
L 41 HP = 39 HP Damage 14.16 13.91
L 54 HP = 26 HP Damage 21.92 21.88
L 67 HP = 13 HP Damage 27.14 27.52
L 80 HP = 00 HP Damage 21.01 21.63

Total Damage inflicted x 100:
Knight C2 Amphibious Pinch: 131.20 + 156.00 + 269.10 + 416.00 + 552.24 + 569.92 + 352.82 + 0.00 = 2447.28
Knight Combat3 Amphibious: 119.20 + 146.64 + 256.10 + 402.48 + 542.49 + 568.88 + 357.76 + 0.00 = 2393.55

Average Damage inflicted in first attack:
Knight C2 Amphibious Pinch: 2447.28 / 100 = 24.47
Knight Combat3 Amphibious: 2393.55 / 100 = 23.94

So Pinch will 24.47 - 23.94 = 0.53 HP more damage is the first attack than Combat III. In terms of percentages, Pinch's extra 0.53 HP is 2.21% more HP damage than Combat III.

I can add Pinch to another 100 samples and Combat III to a third 100 samples. Do you think this experiment is would be necessary to show which one is better?

Obviously Pinch causes significantly more damage.

In any case, we will probably be able to steal Gunpowder soon, but even if we can't it can be researched in 2-3 turns.

Musketmen can also be built; they do not need to be drafted. However, Nationhood is still an option, and Musketmen can be drafted as early as five turns after adopting Universal Suffrage, assuming Gunpowder can be acquired (stolen) that early.

Sun Tzu Wu

I'm not arguing that it doesn't do more damage. I'm arguing that we could buy a boat and either send or buy a few more knights for the same cost as gunpowder.

If gunpowder costs 1872 then we save roughly 1872/1.4 = 1337 displayed research cost. Since our research modifiers are significantly better than our gold modifiers 1337 /2 = 650 gold.

So will 650 gold increase the odds of killing the wizard more than pinch promotion instead of combat III?

With 650 gold you can buy an expensive boat (360) and ~2 replacement knights for the extra ones you send to wizard killing city. I would think we could muster up 2 more knight if we knew we could buy 2 more to defend.

So will 2 more knights (most likely high xp knights) increase our odds of killing the wizard more than putting pinch on a few knights instead of cIII? I think so.
9 knights already is about 95% chance to kill him. 11 knights is enough in all of our tests?

2 more knights surely must be better than inflicting 2% more damage on the wizard with 3-5 pinch knights.

We need to know the situation on the ground to make the final call, but I would rather not tech gunpowder ourselves. I suppose we could get lucky and still get it in trade, but most AI who start constitution go for corporation afterwards.

Hi all,
Apologies for the lack of updates. It's tough to concentrate on everything and provide commentary at the same time. It's current most of the way through T179.

Main highlights have been Ragnar splitting half his original doomstack and moving it forwards, and retreating the other half back.
The stack that went forwards didn't fare so well for him. We thank him for the XP and the great general that conveniently popped in Fur City and is now safely in Wizard City. The one that went back has milled around a bit, healed, and now appears to be on the march back towards us. Current location of it is 2SW of Indra.

On the war front we have taken Patali, Varanasi & Hyperabad.

We have an assault stack on Madras that has started bombing (down to 64%, 5 trebs on site). It has 2*CR3Macemen, a double woodsman maceman, the megamedic, and a crossbowman. So this is just a matter of time, but could be a couple of turns.

Patali is defended by an injured Crossbowman & an injured crossbowman (and a knight from gengis!). I'm not worried though, as the only units that can threaten are the Bombay defenders. Said defenders are 1 swordsman, one treb on 4HP, and one treb on 0.2HP.

The Pink attack force has been busy, so won't be much good for awhile. 4 out of 6 Knights survive, but most are reasonably injured.

The naval assault from the mainland went well. There are 6 trebs & 9 Macemen on boats E-NE from Bombay. We have the possibility of splitting this up into a Bombay attack force (potentially attacking from the boat to save time if he doesn't reinforce over the turn end?) and the rest to calcutta.

Given we have the GG in the bank and onsite, do we still need to buy the Galleons on turn 179 & 180, or should I buy them on turn 180 & 182 (saving of around 180g per galleon).

On the Indra defense front we have 8 knights (+ another a turn away), 5 macemen (plus another a turn away), a crossbowman, a longbowman and a catapult all behind walls. Some of those defending knights will shortly have to leave on a wizard killing mission soon.
His stack is 2 squares SW (across the river) and has 9 knights, a pikeman, 3 beserkers, 2 crossbowmen, 2 longbowmen and 2 trebs. Other than 2 knights, pretty much everyone else has been sniped by airships.

I don't plan on playing any more tonight while we figure out for sure the wizard killing plan.
Also I need mabraham to debug his spreadsheet, as I have followed it to date, but I appear to be currently producing 3 more hammers on this turn than I'm meant to.

Spies have flipped Gengis back to Taoism after he decided judaism was a good idea. We had a spy caught in Mathura, and another one lost in a rebellion attempt in Varanasi.
We only have 518EPs left on East, and the rebellion attempt in Bombay in the next turn or two will eat up the bulk of that - currently 416 cost at -30% stationary.

On the sad news, opps don't look cooperative on the gunpowder front. Mass media should come in next turn though.

Woo, it sounds like we are doing well!

I assume the East Witches have lost all iron supplies but will have gunpowder in 1T or have it now. Bombay is their last hilltop city and their capital. If it is defended by a lone swordsman and 2 treb, then it doesn't really need to be bombarded down anymore. Just blimp attack the sword, hit the sword with one of our city raider trebs, and then finish it off with our city raider III macemen. The two trebs should die easy enough. If he manages to whip a musketman, that would be annoying. I see now that Madras is in the crosshairs from our Patali force. I can't really comment on attacking Bombay or Madras without looking at it, but good luck :).

The Ragnar attack force sounds frightening! The only way he can really threaten though is to mill around and try to keep our knight force there longer than they can afford since they must head off to kill the wizard soonish. If they can attack Isra without our 8-9 knights there, they have a chance of taking it. Hopefully, they move 1 closer, we shred them T180, and all the knights take off for the Wizard T181. The knights can heal with their amphibious promotions and on the boatride.

I'm not sure about the 3 extra hammers in Washington. We should be careful just in case we need the UN built in 1 turn.

I'm not sure about slow buying the galleons. There has been some debate about a 4th galleon and extra knights going to kill the Wizard. It might be worth going 0% research after Mass Media and stockpiling gold for more rush buys or EP. We might even stay in the rush buying civic until changing to Hereditary Rule on T188, I don't know :).

Are we close to completing Taj?

Did we drag the West Witches in again with another Holy War vote?

How did the trade mission go?

The Ragnar attack force sounds frightening! The only way he can really threaten though is to mill around and try to keep our knight force there longer than they can afford since they must head off to kill the wizard soonish. If they can attack Isra without our 8-9 knights there, they have a chance of taking it. Hopefully, they move 1 closer, we shred them T180, and all the knights take off for the Wizard T181. The knights can heal with their amphibious promotions and on the boatride.

If we get really pressed by Ragnar, we can consider taking cease fire for a turn depending troop location near Asoka's cities.

Edit: @ Kaitzilla
Per bcool 1500 gold from GM.

Actually, they can't heal on the boatride, unless we upgrade to fast galleons. If the knights have to run all the way to the edge of Monty's land, they won't heal as they get on the boats and attack next turn. If we upgrade to fast galleons, then we can load all the knights onto the galleons who can set sail T184.

Just to be clear, we want to attack the Wizard T188, have a backup T189, the vote for the diplomatic winner takes place T189, and we see our victory screen T190?

I think the knights must head for the Wizard starting on T181 right?

Actually, they can't heal on the boatride, unless we upgrade to fast galleons. If the knights have to run all the way to the edge of Monty's land, they won't heal as they get on the boats and attack next turn. If we upgrade to fast galleons, then we can load all the knights onto the galleons who can set sail T184.

Just to be clear, we want to attack the Wizard T188, have a backup T189, the vote for the diplomatic winner takes place T189, and we see our victory screen T190?

I think the knights must head for the Wizard starting on T181 right?

The plan is to attack wizard T187 if possible. Vote is called T188, and victory screen T189.

Of course we could attack the wizard T188 but that would be a gamble obviously, so only doing that if we have to. We need to count votes and estimate if we need to gamble or not.

Here are 5 unmodified old screenshots for those who want to count the tiles west. The transition through Zapotec is a tad rough to count, but is possible. I think the knights leaving T181 can arrive in Dead Wizard City T184, and get on the boats 1W of Monty's southern city T187 if they want to take the overland route.

Spoiler :

The plan is to attack wizard T187 if possible. Vote is called T188, and victory screen T189.

Of course we could attack the wizard T188 but that would be a gamble obviously, so only doing that if we have to. We need to count votes and estimate if we need to gamble or not.

Unless I've miscounted, to attack Wizard T187 our knight force must leave T180, which means we have a problem with Ragnar's stack.

We really need the save to make any reasonable conclusions. I think there are a few knights on the way to dead wizard city already.

Plus if we expect to have the votes, then we can lose Indra so pulling out the knights T180 isn't that big of a deal.

Plus if we have the gold, I expect we can rush buy a few replacement knights/defenders. I doubt indra will fall even if we pull out all the knights currently there, since the walls will likely give us time to organize more defenders, or at the very least an effective counterattack.

Upload to Server Now:

We really need the save to make any reasonable conclusions. I think there are a few knights on the way to dead wizard city already.

I agree. We need the save either posted to the thread or preferably uploaded to the server. For any pause of turn set longer than a few hours, uploading to the server would be preferable; just be sure to download from the server before resuming the game later.

Giving Up Cities to The Wicked Witch of the East:

Plus if we expect to have the votes, then we can lose Indra so pulling out the knights T180 isn't that big of a deal.

That's only reasonable if we have a safe margin of votes that significantly exceeds what we need (including worse case Population estimates for cities we can't see on either side the DV voting blocks). We really should be taking Cimmerian back from The Wicked Witch of the East plus 1-2 more of _his_ cities.

Turn Off Research?

Plus if we have the gold, I expect we can rush buy a few replacement knights/defenders. I doubt indra will fall even if we pull out all the knights currently there, since the walls will likely give us time to organize more defenders, or at the very least an effective counterattack.

I agree that we need no more Technologies after Mass Media (complete in 1t), so we should stay in Universal Suffrage. Have the wealth slider at 100%, except adjust the Espionage slider to what we need to keep the Northern Witches and Western Witches in Taoism.

Other Issues that are Hard to Discuss Without a Save:

Did we have another TAP vote for war against the Infidels?

If not, should we bribe The Western Witches to join our war?

It's really hard to suggest any changes to the last half of the PPP without the current game save.

We should have back up Spies near or in both Trojan Horse and Boston. We should have a total of three spies in each of the four of the Western and Northern Witches. If the first two spies fail to switch a Witch back into Taoism, we have a third that can get the job done. Alternatively, we can have spies near the Witches border so if we need more spies in a particular Witch's cities, we can shift spy locations as needed and still get the 5t bonus if appropriate.

As shulec has been suggesting for some time, the most critical Taoism flip will be the one within 5 turns or less from the turn of the Diplomatic Victory Resolution Ballot (turn before the win). If possible, we must be certain that either we can get this flip (they are currently running a non-Taoism religion) or they are running a Taoism religion and they will not voluntarily switch to a non-Taoism religion.

In the final turns before the DV vote, I suggest they we sell all our Technologies, except Liberalism, to the Northern and Western Witches so we might get +1 for sharing technologies. It would be good to know the true personality of these Witches, so we can possibly avoid trading technologies to a Witch that requires 20 technologies per +1 bonus. On the other hand, we already have +2 from a Witch requires only 5 technologies (likely Mansa Musa, since Peter is the only other leader with this "5 tech" attribute).

We are probably under no real time pressure now that we are reasonably about 10t from a win. We have some extra time plan these turns more carefully to ensure all game details are what they need to be and all contingencies have solid plans to ensure Destruction of the Wizard and a Diplomatic Victory t188-190. t188 is possible.

Sun Tzu Wu

We are probably under no real time pressure now that we are reasonably about 10t from a win.

Even if I agree on this, I wouldn't go too easy with the game. It's better to finish a week before the deadline than rushing 20 or 30 turns in a day or two if something goes wrong IMHO.

Even if I agree on this, I wouldn't go too easy with the game. It's better to finish a week before the deadline than rushing 20 or 30 turns in a day or two if something goes wrong IMHO.

I agree in general, but we have only about 10 turns left. When frogdude completes his turn set (4 more turns), we will have about 6 turns to victory, assuming due diligence in all areas needed to assure victory.

I reiterate my suggestion to slow the pace of the game a bit, just to be sure we have contingency plans for everything that might reasonably happen.

I'm still not entirely convinced that researching Gunpowder after Mass Media is not worthwhile. The ability to wealth rush some Musketmen at the front could either help us hold cities against The Wicked Witch of the East or help us retake Cimmerian and 1-2 of his cities. On the other hand, not researching Gunpowder would allow us to build a few extra units for the Wizard Destruction Mission (WDM) or to replace Knights being withdrawn to New York or near it (WDM), after we complete Mass Media and set the research slider to 00%.

Sun Tzu Wu

Thanks for posting the save Frogdude! When will you play next?

Thanks uploading the current game state,frogdude!

Hopefully, the team will get a chance to discuss changes to improve the last 4t of your turn set, before you are ready to play them. Especially, to possibly improve the win date and improve the schedule, odds, and possibly add units to the Wizard Destruction Mission.

Sun Tzu Wu

Upload to Server Now:

I agree. We need the save either posted to the thread or preferably uploaded to the server. For any pause of turn set longer than a few hours, uploading to the server would be preferable; just be sure to download from the server before resuming the game later.
Save now posted.

Spoiler :
Here is your Session Turn Log from 1130 AD to 1190 AD:

Turn 173, 1130 AD: Dorothy adopts Nationhood!
Turn 173, 1130 AD: Dorothy adopts Free Market!
Turn 173, 1130 AD: Taoism has spread in Delhi.
Turn 173, 1130 AD: You have discovered Divine Right!
Turn 173, 1130 AD: You have trained a Knight in Isengard. Work has now begun on a Taoist Temple.
Turn 173, 1130 AD: You have trained a Airship in Phants City. Work has now begun on a Barracks.
Turn 173, 1130 AD: The borders of Indraprastha have expanded!
Turn 173, 1130 AD: The borders of Wizard City have expanded!

Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Knight 3 (Gems City) (11.00) vs Wicked Witch of the East's Pikeman (9.36)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Combat Odds: 82.0%
Turn 174, 1140 AD: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: (Combat: -25%)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: (Combat: +100%)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Pikeman is hit for 20 (60/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Pikeman is hit for 20 (40/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Pikeman is hit for 20 (20/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Pikeman is hit for 20 (0/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Knight 3 (Gems City) has defeated Wicked Witch of the East's Pikeman!
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Knight 1 (Isengard) (13.00) vs Wicked Witch of the East's Horse Archer (6.96)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Combat Odds: 97.5%
Turn 174, 1140 AD: (Extra Combat: -30%)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 25 (55/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 25 (30/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 25 (5/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 25 (0/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Knight 1 (Isengard) has defeated Wicked Witch of the East's Horse Archer!
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Knight 4 (Isengard) (13.00) vs Wicked Witch of the East's Swordsman (5.28)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Combat Odds: 99.9%
Turn 174, 1140 AD: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Knight 4 (Isengard) is hit for 13 (87/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Knight 4 (Isengard) is hit for 13 (74/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Knight 4 (Isengard) is hit for 13 (61/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Swordsman is hit for 29 (51/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Knight 4 (Isengard) is hit for 13 (48/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Swordsman is hit for 29 (22/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Swordsman is hit for 29 (0/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Knight 4 (Isengard) has defeated Wicked Witch of the East's Swordsman!
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Maceman (8.00) vs Wicked Witch of the East's Trebuchet (2.84)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Combat Odds: 99.9%
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Trebuchet is hit for 30 (41/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Maceman is hit for 13 (87/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Trebuchet is hit for 30 (11/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Trebuchet is hit for 30 (0/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Maceman has defeated Wicked Witch of the East's Trebuchet!
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Longbowman (6.00) vs Wicked Witch of the East's Trebuchet (2.84)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Combat Odds: 99.7%
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Trebuchet is hit for 26 (45/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Trebuchet is hit for 26 (19/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Trebuchet is hit for 26 (0/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Longbowman has defeated Wicked Witch of the East's Trebuchet!
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Archer 1 (Gems City) (3.00) vs Wicked Witch of the East's Catapult (2.75)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Combat Odds: 74.9%
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Catapult is hit for 17 (38/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Catapult is hit for 17 (21/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Archer 1 (Gems City) is hit for 22 (78/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Archer 1 (Gems City) is hit for 22 (56/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Archer 1 (Gems City) is hit for 22 (34/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Catapult is hit for 17 (4/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Catapult is hit for 17 (0/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Archer 1 (Gems City) has defeated Wicked Witch of the East's Catapult!
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Knight 10 (Isengard) (12.00) vs Wicked Witch of the East's Trebuchet (1.04)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Combat Odds: 100.0%
Turn 174, 1140 AD: (Extra Combat: -20%)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the East's Trebuchet is hit for 39 (0/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Knight 10 (Isengard) has defeated Wicked Witch of the East's Trebuchet!
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's War Elephant 4 (Isengard) (10.40) vs Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer (4.56)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Combat Odds: 99.8%
Turn 174, 1140 AD: (Combat: -50%)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: (River Attack: +25%)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 28 (52/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 28 (24/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 28 (0/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's War Elephant 4 (Isengard) has defeated Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer!
Turn 174, 1140 AD: GP Farm celebrates "We Love the Prime Minister Day"!!!
Turn 174, 1140 AD: You have trained a Trebuchet in Silver City. Work has now begun on a Taoist Temple.
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the West has completed The Sistine Chapel!
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Taoism has spread in Bangalore.
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Wicked Witch of the North converts to Judaism!
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Good Witch of the East's Caravel (3.30) vs Dorothy's Sydney (Caravel) (3.60)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Combat Odds: 32.6%
Turn 174, 1140 AD: (Plot Defense: +10%)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Good Witch of the East's Caravel is hit for 20 (80/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Good Witch of the East's Caravel is hit for 20 (60/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Good Witch of the East's Caravel is hit for 20 (40/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Sydney (Caravel) is hit for 19 (81/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Sydney (Caravel) is hit for 19 (62/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Good Witch of the East's Caravel is hit for 20 (20/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Sydney (Caravel) is hit for 19 (43/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Good Witch of the East's Caravel is hit for 20 (0/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Sydney (Caravel) has defeated Good Witch of the East's Caravel!
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Good Witch of the East's Caravel (2.64) vs Dorothy's Sydney (Caravel) (1.54)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Combat Odds: 93.1%
Turn 174, 1140 AD: (Plot Defense: +10%)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Sydney (Caravel) is hit for 21 (22/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Sydney (Caravel) is hit for 21 (1/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Good Witch of the East's Caravel is hit for 18 (62/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Good Witch of the East's Caravel is hit for 18 (44/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Good Witch of the East's Caravel is hit for 18 (26/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Dorothy's Sydney (Caravel) is hit for 21 (0/100HP)
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Good Witch of the East's Caravel has defeated Dorothy's Sydney (Caravel)!
Turn 174, 1140 AD: Francisco Pizarro (Great General) has been born in Bombay (Good Witch of the East)!

Turn 175, 1150 AD: Dorothy's War Elephant 4 (Isengard) (10.40) vs Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer (4.56)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Combat Odds: 99.8%
Turn 175, 1150 AD: (Extra Combat: -30%)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: (Combat: -50%)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: (River Attack: +25%)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Dorothy's War Elephant 4 (Isengard) is hit for 14 (86/100HP)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 28 (52/100HP)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 28 (24/100HP)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 28 (0/100HP)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Dorothy's War Elephant 4 (Isengard) has defeated Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer!
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Dorothy's Ranger (Galleon) (4.40) vs Good Witch of the East's Caravel (2.88)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Combat Odds: 90.6%
Turn 175, 1150 AD: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: (Plot Defense: +10%)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Dorothy's Ranger (Galleon) is hit for 17 (83/100HP)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Good Witch of the East's Caravel is hit for 23 (57/100HP)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Good Witch of the East's Caravel is hit for 23 (34/100HP)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Good Witch of the East's Caravel is hit for 23 (11/100HP)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Dorothy's Ranger (Galleon) is hit for 17 (66/100HP)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Dorothy's Ranger (Galleon) is hit for 17 (49/100HP)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Dorothy's Ranger (Galleon) is hit for 17 (32/100HP)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Good Witch of the East's Caravel is hit for 23 (0/100HP)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Dorothy's Ranger (Galleon) has defeated Good Witch of the East's Caravel!
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Gustavus II Adolphus (Great General) has been born in Fur City (Dorothy)!
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Dorothy's Galleon 2 (Fur City) (4.40) vs Good Witch of the East's Caravel (0.93)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Combat Odds: 100.0%
Turn 175, 1150 AD: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: (Plot Defense: +10%)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Dorothy's Galleon 2 (Fur City) is hit for 14 (86/100HP)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Good Witch of the East's Caravel is hit for 27 (0/100HP)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Dorothy's Galleon 2 (Fur City) has defeated Good Witch of the East's Caravel!
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Wicked Witch of the North converts to Taoism!
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Harkuf (Great Merchant) has been born in GP Farm (Dorothy)!
Turn 175, 1150 AD: GP Farm celebrates "We Love the Prime Minister Day"!!!
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Taoism has spread in Ahmedabad.
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer (6.00) vs Dorothy's Pikeman (13.80)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Combat Odds: 0.5%
Turn 175, 1150 AD: (Extra Combat: +30%)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: (Combat: +100%)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 29 (71/100HP)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 29 (42/100HP)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Dorothy's Pikeman is hit for 13 (87/100HP)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 29 (13/100HP)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 29 (0/100HP)
Turn 175, 1150 AD: Dorothy's Pikeman has defeated Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer!

Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet 2 (Isengard) (4.00) vs Good Witch of the East's Longbowman (3.84)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Combat Odds: 73.5%
Turn 176, 1160 AD: (Plot Defense: +25%)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: (Fortify: +25%)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: (City Defense: +25%)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: (Hills Defense: +75%)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: (City Attack: -175%)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 19 (61/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet 2 (Isengard) is hit for 20 (80/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 19 (42/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet 2 (Isengard) is hit for 20 (60/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet 2 (Isengard) is hit for 20 (40/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet (4.00) vs Good Witch of the East's Longbowman (3.45)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Combat Odds: 78.0%
Turn 176, 1160 AD: (City Attack: -175%)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 19 (53/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 19 (34/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Maceman (8.00) vs Good Witch of the East's Longbowman (5.04)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Combat Odds: 93.9%
Turn 176, 1160 AD: (Hills Defense: +25%)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: (City Attack: -75%)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Maceman is hit for 16 (84/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 24 (60/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 24 (36/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Maceman is hit for 16 (68/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 24 (12/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Maceman is hit for 16 (52/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Maceman is hit for 16 (36/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Maceman is hit for 16 (20/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 24 (0/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Maceman has defeated Good Witch of the East's Longbowman!
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Maceman 1 (Isengard) (7.52) vs Good Witch of the East's Longbowman (2.62)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Combat Odds: 99.8%
Turn 176, 1160 AD: (City Attack: -75%)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Maceman 1 (Isengard) is hit for 18 (76/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 21 (4/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 21 (0/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Maceman 1 (Isengard) has defeated Good Witch of the East's Longbowman!
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Maceman (8.00) vs Good Witch of the East's Longbowman (3.75)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Combat Odds: 97.8%
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Maceman is hit for 21 (79/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 18 (7/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Maceman is hit for 21 (58/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 18 (0/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Maceman has defeated Good Witch of the East's Longbowman!
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Crossbowman (7.80) vs Good Witch of the East's Spearman (3.04)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Combat Odds: 100.0%
Turn 176, 1160 AD: (Extra Combat: -30%)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: (Combat: -50%)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Good Witch of the East's Spearman is hit for 29 (51/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Crossbowman is hit for 13 (87/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Good Witch of the East's Spearman is hit for 29 (22/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Good Witch of the East's Spearman is hit for 29 (0/100HP)
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Dorothy's Crossbowman has defeated Good Witch of the East's Spearman!
Turn 176, 1160 AD: You have captured Pataliputra!!!
Turn 176, 1160 AD: The borders of Madurai have expanded!
Turn 176, 1160 AD: The borders of Ayodhya have expanded!
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Wicked Witch of the South has completed The Hagia Sophia!
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Narayana Guru (Great Prophet) has been born in Tenochtitlan (Wicked Witch of the West)!
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Good Witch of the North adopts Vassalage!
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Good Witch of the North adopts Mercantilism!
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Good Witch of the East adopts Bureaucracy!
Turn 176, 1160 AD: Good Witch of the East adopts Mercantilism!

Giving Up Cities to The Wicked Witch of the East:

That's only reasonable if we have a safe margin of votes that significantly exceeds what we need (including worse case Population estimates for cities we can't see on either side the DV voting blocks). We really should be taking Cimmerian back from The Wicked Witch of the East plus 1-2 more of _his_ cities.
I don't think it'll come to that. We can hold this thing. Not sure how far we'll get on the counterattack though.
However, it is possible we may get to a situation where we can do a back-door naval assault. Hence why I'm keen on that green team to keep moving quickly down the West coast. Those mainland cities of Ragnars may be lightly defended back there.

Turn Off Research?
I agree that we need no more Technologies after Mass Media (complete in 1t), so we should stay in Universal Suffrage. Have the wealth slider at 100%, except adjust the Espionage slider to what we need to keep the Northern Witches and Western Witches in Taoism.
That seems to be the concensus.

Other Issues that are Hard to Discuss Without a Save:

Did we have another TAP vote for war against the Infidels?

If not, should we bribe The Western Witches to join our war?
Apostolic Palace only gave me 'stop trading with south' and 'open borders'. So did nothing.

We should have back up Spies near or in both Trojan Horse and Boston. We should have a total of three spies in each of the four of the Western and Northern Witches. If the first two spies fail to switch a Witch back into Taoism, we have a third that can get the job done. Alternatively, we can have spies near the Witches border so if we need more spies in a particular Witch's cities, we can shift spy locations as needed and still get the 5t bonus if appropriate.

As shulec has been suggesting for some time, the most critical Taoism flip will be the one within 5 turns or less from the turn of the Diplomatic Victory Resolution Ballot (turn before the win). If possible, we must be certain that either we can get this flip (they are currently running a non-Taoism religion) or they are running a Taoism religion and they will not voluntarily switch to a non-Taoism religion.

I'm working on getting 2 spies on each witch. I'm not sure we have the resources for three.

In the final turns before the DV vote, I suggest they we sell all our Technologies, except Liberalism, to the Northern and Western Witches so we might get +1 for sharing technologies. It would be good to know the true personality of these Witches, so we can possibly avoid trading technologies to a Witch that requires 20 technologies per +1 bonus. On the other hand, we already have +2 from a Witch requires only 5 technologies (likely Mansa Musa, since Peter is the only other leader with this "5 tech" attribute).

We are probably under no real time pressure now that we are reasonably about 10t from a win. We have some extra time plan these turns more carefully to ensure all game details are what they need to be and all contingencies have solid plans to ensure Destruction of the Wizard and a Diplomatic Victory t188-190. t188 is possible.

Sun Tzu Wu
I plan to play the last couple of turns sometime today and hand over the reins. Unless of course, posted save above reveals so many shoddy decisions that I'm being retired from duty:eek:

Nice Job Frogdude! We are looking good!

We are two turns from the Taj Mahal. No one built it this turn. If it is not built after this turn, it is ours.

We don't have a Holy War. Next vote is 9 turns for an election. Gandhi and Monty cannot be bribed into war.

All of our allies are (Edit) friendly with us and none are close to being pleased with the south witches.

Indraprastha is not in bad shape with finishing this turn.

Asoka looks SOFT!

You guys are quick to notice a new save. I didn't even had time to write a comment saying I'd uploaded it!

Here's the remainder of the turnlog for those who like gory details.

Spoiler :
Turn 177, 1170 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Ayodhya!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Indraprastha!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: GP Farm has become unhappy.
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Isengard has become healthy.
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Fur City has become unhappy.
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Madurai has shrunk to size 10.
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Wicked Witch of the South has 150 gold available for trade.
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the West has 180 gold available for trade.
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Wicked Witch of the South has 12 gold per turn available for trade.
Turn 177, 1170 AD: The borders of Silver City are about to expand.
Turn 177, 1170 AD: A American Spy 14 (Stone City) has been stumbled upon while operating near the Indian city of Varanasi!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Espionage Mission undertaken successfully!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Upon completing the mission the Spy 15 (Silver City) has returned safely to Washington.
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 1 (Isengard) (13.00) vs Good Witch of the East's Longbowman (11.70)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Combat Odds: 68.7%
Turn 177, 1170 AD: (Extra Combat: -30%)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: (Fortify: +25%)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: (City Defense: +70%)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 21 (79/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 1 (Isengard) is hit for 18 (82/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 21 (58/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 21 (37/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 1 (Isengard) is hit for 18 (64/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 21 (16/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 1 (Isengard) is hit for 18 (46/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 21 (0/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 1 (Isengard) has defeated Good Witch of the East's Longbowman!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Your Knight 1 (Isengard) has destroyed a Longbowman!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 5 (Washington) (12.00) vs Good Witch of the East's Maceman (10.80)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Combat Odds: 68.7%
Turn 177, 1170 AD: (Extra Combat: -20%)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 5 (Washington) is hit for 18 (82/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Maceman is hit for 21 (79/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Maceman is hit for 21 (58/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 5 (Washington) is hit for 18 (64/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Maceman is hit for 21 (37/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Maceman is hit for 21 (16/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 5 (Washington) is hit for 18 (46/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Maceman is hit for 21 (0/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 5 (Washington) has defeated Good Witch of the East's Maceman!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Your Knight 5 (Washington) has destroyed a Maceman!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 6 (Gems City) (12.00) vs Good Witch of the East's Longbowman (10.20)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Combat Odds: 71.9%
Turn 177, 1170 AD: (City Defense: +45%)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 6 (Gems City) is hit for 18 (82/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 21 (79/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 21 (58/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 21 (37/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 6 (Gems City) is hit for 18 (64/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 21 (16/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 21 (0/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 6 (Gems City) has defeated Good Witch of the East's Longbowman!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Your Knight 6 (Gems City) has destroyed a Longbowman!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 9 (Gems City) (12.00) vs Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer (7.20)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Combat Odds: 96.2%
Turn 177, 1170 AD: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 9 (Gems City) is hit for 15 (85/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 9 (Gems City) is hit for 15 (70/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 25 (75/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 9 (Gems City) is hit for 15 (55/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 9 (Gems City) is hit for 15 (40/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 9 (Gems City) is hit for 15 (25/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 9 (Gems City) is hit for 15 (10/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 25 (50/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 9 (Gems City) is hit for 15 (0/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer has defeated Dorothy's Knight 9 (Gems City)!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Your Knight 9 (Gems City) has died trying to attack a Horse Archer!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 8 (Washington) (10.00) vs Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer (3.60)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Combat Odds: 100.0%
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 27 (23/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 27 (0/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 8 (Washington) has defeated Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Your Knight 8 (Washington) has destroyed a Horse Archer!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: You have captured Varanasi!!!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Your Airship 4 (Silver City) has attacked an enemy War Elephant! (-20% Damage)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's War Elephant 4 (Isengard) (10.40) vs Good Witch of the East's War Elephant (7.68)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Combat Odds: 87.1%
Turn 177, 1170 AD: (Extra Combat: -30%)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: (Combat: -50%)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: (Combat: +50%)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's War Elephant is hit for 21 (59/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's War Elephant 4 (Isengard) is hit for 18 (82/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's War Elephant is hit for 21 (38/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's War Elephant 4 (Isengard) is hit for 18 (64/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's War Elephant is hit for 21 (17/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's War Elephant 4 (Isengard) is hit for 18 (46/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's War Elephant is hit for 21 (0/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's War Elephant 4 (Isengard) has defeated Good Witch of the East's War Elephant!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Your War Elephant 4 (Isengard) has destroyed a War Elephant!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Your Airship 5 (Culture Bridge) has attacked an enemy Horse Archer! (-20% Damage)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Your Airship 1 (Washington) has attacked an enemy Maceman! (-18% Damage)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Your Airship 3 (Phants City) has attacked an enemy Maceman! (-2% Damage)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Your Airship has attacked an enemy Knight! (-18% Damage)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Your Airship 2 (Washington) has attacked an enemy Knight! (-17% Damage)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Your Trebuchet 6 (Washington) has reduced the defenses of Hyderabad to 24%!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Your Trebuchet 4 (Phants City) has reduced the defenses of Hyderabad to 8%!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Your Airship has attacked an enemy Trebuchet! (-20% Damage)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Gems City will grow to size 13 on the next turn.
Turn 177, 1170 AD: You have trained a Knight in Gems City. Work has now begun on a Knight.
Turn 177, 1170 AD: The borders of Silver City have expanded!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the South adopts Free Speech!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the South adopts Free Religion!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Wicked Witch of the West has completed The Kashi Vishwanath!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Trebuchet (4.00) vs Dorothy's Crossbowman (2.74)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Combat Odds: 92.7%
Turn 177, 1170 AD: (Extra Combat: +30%)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: (Plot Defense: +25%)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: (City Attack: -145%)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: You have suffered collateral damage! (2 Units)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Trebuchet is hit for 17 (83/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Trebuchet is hit for 17 (66/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Crossbowman is hit for 23 (64/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Crossbowman is hit for 23 (41/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Trebuchet is hit for 17 (49/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Trebuchet is hit for 17 (32/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: A Trebuchet has withdrawn from combat with your Crossbowman!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer (7.20) vs Dorothy's War Elephant 4 (Isengard) (6.62)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Combat Odds: 80.6%
Turn 177, 1170 AD: (Combat: +50%)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's War Elephant 4 (Isengard) is hit for 16 (30/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 24 (76/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's War Elephant 4 (Isengard) is hit for 16 (14/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's War Elephant 4 (Isengard) is hit for 16 (0/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer has defeated Dorothy's War Elephant 4 (Isengard)!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: While defending, your War Elephant 4 (Isengard) was destroyed by a Indian Horse Archer!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer (7.20) vs Dorothy's Knight 6 (Gems City) (7.68)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Combat Odds: 60.1%
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 6 (Gems City) is hit for 17 (47/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 6 (Gems City) is hit for 17 (30/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 23 (77/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 6 (Gems City) is hit for 17 (13/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Knight 6 (Gems City) is hit for 17 (0/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer has defeated Dorothy's Knight 6 (Gems City)!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: While defending, your Knight 6 (Gems City) was destroyed by a Indian Horse Archer!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Maceman (7.04) vs Dorothy's Pikeman (4.60)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Combat Odds: 90.6%
Turn 177, 1170 AD: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: (Combat: -75%)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Pikeman is hit for 25 (67/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Maceman is hit for 15 (65/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Pikeman is hit for 25 (42/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Maceman is hit for 15 (50/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Maceman is hit for 15 (35/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Maceman is hit for 15 (20/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Maceman is hit for 15 (5/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Maceman is hit for 15 (0/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Pikeman has defeated Good Witch of the East's Maceman!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: While defending, your Pikeman has killed a Indian Maceman!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer (7.20) vs Dorothy's Pikeman (12.42)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Combat Odds: 3.4%
Turn 177, 1170 AD: (Combat: +100%)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Pikeman is hit for 15 (77/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 26 (74/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Pikeman is hit for 15 (62/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 26 (48/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Pikeman is hit for 15 (47/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Pikeman is hit for 15 (32/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Pikeman is hit for 15 (17/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 26 (22/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 26 (0/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Pikeman has defeated Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: While defending, your Pikeman has killed a Indian Horse Archer!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Swordsman (6.60) vs Dorothy's Pikeman (3.65)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Combat Odds: 97.2%
Turn 177, 1170 AD: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: (City Attack: -10%)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Swordsman is hit for 19 (81/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Pikeman is hit for 20 (22/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Pikeman is hit for 20 (2/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Dorothy's Pikeman is hit for 20 (0/100HP)
Turn 177, 1170 AD: Good Witch of the East's Swordsman has defeated Dorothy's Pikeman!
Turn 177, 1170 AD: While defending, your Pikeman was destroyed by a Indian Swordsman!

Turn 178, 1180 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Pataliputra!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Ayodhya!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Indraprastha!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the South has 130 gold available for trade.
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East has 310 gold available for trade.
Turn 178, 1180 AD: The borders of Isengard are about to expand.
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Trebuchet has reduced the defenses of Hyderabad to 0%!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Airship has attacked an enemy Longbowman! (-18% Damage)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet 6 (Washington) (4.00) vs Good Witch of the East's Longbowman (4.00)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Combat Odds: 56.8%
Turn 178, 1180 AD: (Fortify: +25%)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: (City Defense: +70%)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: (City Attack: -145%)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Trebuchet 6 (Washington) has caused collateral damage! (2 Units)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet 6 (Washington) is hit for 20 (80/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 20 (80/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 20 (60/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet 6 (Washington) is hit for 20 (60/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet 6 (Washington) is hit for 20 (40/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet 6 (Washington) is hit for 20 (20/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet 6 (Washington) is hit for 20 (0/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman has defeated Dorothy's Trebuchet 6 (Washington)!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Trebuchet 6 (Washington) has died trying to attack a Longbowman!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet 7 (Gems City) (4.00) vs Good Witch of the East's Maceman (3.53)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Combat Odds: 80.5%
Turn 178, 1180 AD: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Trebuchet 7 (Gems City) has caused collateral damage! (1 Unit)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Maceman is hit for 20 (73/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet 7 (Gems City) is hit for 19 (81/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet 7 (Gems City) is hit for 19 (62/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet 7 (Gems City) is hit for 19 (43/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Maceman is hit for 20 (53/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet 7 (Gems City) is hit for 19 (24/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Maceman is hit for 20 (33/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet 7 (Gems City) is hit for 19 (5/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Trebuchet 7 (Gems City) has withdrawn from combat with a Maceman!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet (4.00) vs Good Witch of the East's Longbowman (2.64)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Combat Odds: 97.3%
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet is hit for 18 (82/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet is hit for 18 (64/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet is hit for 18 (46/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 21 (45/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Trebuchet has withdrawn from combat with a Longbowman!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet (4.00) vs Good Witch of the East's Longbowman (2.40)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Combat Odds: 98.1%
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet is hit for 17 (83/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Trebuchet is hit for 17 (66/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 22 (38/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Trebuchet has withdrawn from combat with a Longbowman!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Maceman (8.00) vs Good Witch of the East's Longbowman (2.62)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Combat Odds: 99.8%
Turn 178, 1180 AD: (City Attack: -20%)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 22 (3/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 22 (0/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Maceman has defeated Good Witch of the East's Longbowman!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Maceman has destroyed a Longbowman!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Maceman (8.00) vs Good Witch of the East's Longbowman (2.92)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Combat Odds: 99.7%
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Maceman is hit for 19 (81/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 20 (5/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Longbowman is hit for 20 (0/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Maceman has defeated Good Witch of the East's Longbowman!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Maceman has destroyed a Longbowman!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Maceman (8.00) vs Good Witch of the East's Maceman (2.70)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Combat Odds: 99.9%
Turn 178, 1180 AD: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: (Combat: -50%)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: (Combat: +50%)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Maceman is hit for 21 (4/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Maceman is hit for 21 (0/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Maceman has defeated Good Witch of the East's Maceman!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Maceman has destroyed a Maceman!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: You have captured a Worker
Turn 178, 1180 AD: You have captured Hyderabad!!!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Trebuchet has reduced the defenses of Madras to 96%!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Knight 1 (Isengard) (9.49) vs Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer (4.39)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Combat Odds: 98.5%
Turn 178, 1180 AD: (Extra Combat: -30%)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: (Combat: -25%)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 29 (48/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Knight 1 (Isengard) is hit for 13 (60/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 29 (19/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 29 (0/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Knight 1 (Isengard) has defeated Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Knight 1 (Isengard) has destroyed a Horse Archer!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Knight 2 (Washington) (12.00) vs Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer (5.47)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Combat Odds: 99.8%
Turn 178, 1180 AD: (Extra Combat: -20%)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 27 (49/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 27 (22/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 27 (0/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Knight 2 (Washington) has defeated Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Knight 2 (Washington) has destroyed a Horse Archer!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Knight 8 (Washington) (12.00) vs Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer (5.76)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Combat Odds: 99.7%
Turn 178, 1180 AD: (Extra Combat: -20%)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Knight 8 (Washington) is hit for 14 (86/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 27 (53/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Knight 8 (Washington) is hit for 14 (72/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Knight 8 (Washington) is hit for 14 (58/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 27 (26/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer is hit for 27 (0/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Knight 8 (Washington) has defeated Good Witch of the East's Horse Archer!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Knight 8 (Washington) has damaged 1 units by flanking the enemy positions.
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Knight 8 (Washington) has destroyed a Horse Archer!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Trebuchet 3 (Isengard) has reduced the defenses of Madras to 92%!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Trebuchet has reduced the defenses of Madras to 88%!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Trebuchet 1 (Isengard) has reduced the defenses of Madras to 84%!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Knight 5 (Washington) (9.49) vs Good Witch of the East's Trebuchet (2.12)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Combat Odds: 100.0%
Turn 178, 1180 AD: (Extra Combat: -30%)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Trebuchet is hit for 36 (17/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Good Witch of the East's Trebuchet is hit for 36 (0/100HP)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy's Knight 5 (Washington) has defeated Good Witch of the East's Trebuchet!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Knight 5 (Washington) has destroyed a Trebuchet!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Airship has attacked an enemy Berserker! (-16% Damage)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Airship 2 (Washington) has attacked an enemy Berserker! (-15% Damage)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Airship 4 (Silver City) has attacked an enemy Berserker! (-15% Damage)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Airship 5 (Culture Bridge) has attacked an enemy Berserker! (-4% Damage)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Airship 1 (Washington) has attacked an enemy Crossbowman! (-19% Damage)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Your Airship 3 (Phants City) has attacked an enemy Crossbowman! (-19% Damage)
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy adopts Universal Suffrage!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Dorothy adopts Bureaucracy!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Washington will grow to size 18 on the next turn.
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Gems City will grow to size 12 on the next turn.
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Silver City will grow to size 11 on the next turn.
Turn 178, 1180 AD: The borders of Isengard have expanded!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: William Shakespeare (Great Artist) has been born in Ulundi (Wicked Witch of the South)!
Turn 178, 1180 AD: Taoism has spread in Beshbalik.

Turn 179, 1190 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Indraprastha!
Turn 179, 1190 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Indraprastha!
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Washington has grown to size 18.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Washington can hurry Trebuchet for 24ℴ.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Stone City can hurry The Taj Mahal for 1002ℴ.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Gems City has become unhappy.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Gems City can hurry Knight for 156ℴ.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: GP Farm can hurry Settler for 156ℴ.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Silver City has become unhappy.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Silver City can hurry Knight for 90ℴ.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Isengard has become unhappy.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Culture Bridge can hurry Knight for 150ℴ.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Marble City can hurry Spy for 3ℴ.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Sheep City can hurry Knight for 3ℴ.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Fur City can hurry Spy for 30ℴ.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Madurai can hurry Settler for 144ℴ.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Indraprastha can hurry Walls for 90ℴ.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Ayodhya can hurry Work Boat for 66ℴ.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Good Witch of the West has 50 gold available for trade.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Wicked Witch of the North has 100 gold available for trade.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Good Witch of the North has 80 gold available for trade.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Good Witch of the East has 360 gold available for trade.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Good Witch of the East has 5 gold per turn available for trade.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Wicked Witch of the East will trade Gunpowder
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Good Witch of the East will trade Gunpowder
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Your Trebuchet has reduced the defenses of Madras to 80%!
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Your Trebuchet 3 (Isengard) has reduced the defenses of Madras to 76%!
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Your Trebuchet has reduced the defenses of Madras to 72%!
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Your Trebuchet 1 (Isengard) has reduced the defenses of Madras to 68%!
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Your Airship has attacked an enemy Knight! (-15% Damage)
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Your Airship 2 (Washington) has attacked an enemy Knight! (-15% Damage)
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Your Airship 3 (Phants City) has attacked an enemy Knight! (-19% Damage)
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Your Airship 5 (Culture Bridge) has attacked an enemy Knight! (-20% Damage)
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Your Trebuchet 2 (Isengard) has reduced the defenses of Madras to 64%!
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Wicked Witch of the South has 60 gold available for trade.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Good Witch of the West has 50 gold available for trade.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Wicked Witch of the North has 100 gold available for trade.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Good Witch of the North has 80 gold available for trade.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Wicked Witch of the East has 220 gold available for trade.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Good Witch of the East has 360 gold available for trade.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Good Witch of the East has 5 gold per turn available for trade.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: You are the worst enemy of Wicked Witch of the East/Good Witch of the East.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Wicked Witch of the East/Good Witch of the East is the worst enemy of Good Witch of the South/Wicked Witch of the South, Wicked Witch of the West/Good Witch of the West, Wicked Witch of the North/Good Witch of the North.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Wicked Witch of the East will trade Gunpowder
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Good Witch of the East will trade Gunpowder
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Will Trade Map: Good Witch of the East, Good Witch of the North, Good Witch of the West, Wicked Witch of the East, Wicked Witch of the North, Wicked Witch of the West
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Will Sign Peace Treaty: Good Witch of the East, Wicked Witch of the East
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Clearing a Forest has created 30 ℤ for Madurai.
Turn 179, 1190 AD: Your Airship 4 (Silver City) has attacked an enemy Knight! (-20% Damage)

I would like to see us use the spy to try to flip Asoka into caste system this turn so he can't whip up walls in the Calcutta and Kolhapur. Have we had any recent Airship intel Calcutta and Kolhapur? Are there really no walls there? A caste system flip may keep Bombay at a sword and two trebs, for which 100% defense is easily overcome.

We need 44H Base Overflow (77H with active multipliers) into The United Nations to complete it in one turn assuming 36 base Hpt. I'm quite sure this is no longer possible, because we needed a significant amount of Hammer overflow into the build to complete on t179. It looks like we had no contingency plan for completing The United Nations one turn earlier than planned.

In my opinion, a more flexible micromangement plan that kept a significant amount of overflow by starting three different units (maybe Maceman, Trebuchet and Knight) and then finishing them prior to completing Mass Media would have been a better idea than building up the overflow for a single, inflexible, one turn target.

There is no way we can complete The United Nations in t180, because we have no overflow coming in on t179. Cascading overflow from at least two turns was essential to build up to the 44 base Hammers (77H multiplied) of overflow (minimum required) into The United Nations to complete it in t180.

We will have to be content with completing The United Nations in t181. So we may as well complete the Trebuchet in t179 and the Knight in t180 which will cascade enough Hammers into The United Nation in t181 to complete it that turn. Therefore, a t188 win is no longer possible; we must now be content with a t189 win (DV vote on t188).

Sun Tzu Wu

I've opened our T179 save to take a look around, but right away Isengarde is prompting me for the next item to put in the queue. What are you guys doing with this to take a look around at the game?

As far as I know entering an item in into the queue is kept track of in Buffy and I don't want to accidently invaladate our game by picking something just so I can look around.

Top Bottom