Featurette 1 Analysis and Discussion thread.

Ohhh... Indonesia takes a hit there.
But however, it is not a essential civ for they as, Jakarta would have been a harder hit. I still have my fingers crossed for a Majapahit/Indonesian Civ.

No, not really. It rules out Malaysia or Malayan Pirates, but not Indonesia. (or does having seen Geneva rule out Belgium for you?)

Is it just me or did it seem like he was speed reading the script?

Yeah, that was annoying. Did they somehow speed up the whole video or just the sound track?

Ohhh... Indonesia takes a hit there.
But however, it is not a essential civ for they as, Jakarta would have been a harder hit. I still have my fingers crossed for a Majapahit/Indonesian Civ.

Kuala Lumpur was a colonial era Malay city, not from ancient Indonesia. It doesn't really eliminate anyone except Malaysia.

What was the resource next to Ulundi. I know they said there was only one specific new resource this game, but I didn't recognise it.

Also, the jungles look very different, but maybe I've just never zoomed in this far (for both the resource and the jungle)

I think you might be right with the resource. It doesn't look terribly familiar. Some new plantation resource it seems.

Hmm, nothing really spectacular revealed. Malaysia was a long shot anyway.

I think you might be right with the resource. It doesn't look terribly familiar. Some new plantation resource it seems.

Looks like sugar to me - at least the one next to Ulundi. I think the one in Wroclaw is Bananas.

I want to say tobacco, but that would surely be a luxury, and it wouldn't fit with the Zulu as the new super special resource civ (I forget if Zulus second thing has been revealed yet).

Looks like sugar to me.

That was my other option, in which case I'm sure they've updated the look on it.

Well, we don't have to forget that those featurettes are principally for the people who know about the expansion but who don't follow every interview/video talking about it. If you look at the FB comments, they are pretty positive.

About the content, I think that the Great Work of Music for Gustav Holst is "The Planets", his most well-known masterpiece. Also, I liked to see the detailed choice-box about the archeological artifacts being discovered.

No, not really. It rules out Malaysia or Malayan Pirates, but not Indonesia. (or does having seen Geneva rule out Belgium for you?)

Did I say it rules out Indonesia o_o?
But that city would probably be around a Majapahit city list.

41 seconds in, looks like the plain text in Nottingham says East India Company?

Edit: Beaten by like three people...

What the...? :confused:
At 0:50, the player is placing Messe de Nostre Dame in the Broadway(?), and the Tourism jumps from 154 to 168. Then, In the Hall of the Mountain King is placed as well, and it jumps from 168 to 203, with a +6 in theming bonus...
How the heck does this make any mathematical sense? Or does the Broadway multiply the value of the Great Works placed there?

I'm guessing these two things aren't actually related, but why does the ESRB rating mention drug references? Might the new resource be something that the WC could place a ban on?

Would East India Company be a wonder, then?

Top Bottom