Featurette 1 Analysis and Discussion thread.

The Featurette was a pretty decent idea. It was unfortunately based on a feature we were fairly familiar with. Obviously we did learn new things, but they were details that we had to suss out. If the 1.5 minute featurette were used to showcase a new civ or a scenario, that would be excellent.

The Featurette was a pretty decent idea. It was unfortunately based on a feature we were fairly familiar with. Obviously we did learn new things, but they were details that we had to suss out. If the 1.5 minute featurette were used to showcase a new civ or a scenario, that would be excellent.

Exactly. These adverts exist for more than just the fanatics. It's a bit much to slavishly follow every new development of a game and then decry a trailer for telling you what you already knew.

The more I see of the new mechanics, the more I think that most - if not all - of the preexistent civilizations are going to have their uniques altered in at least a small way. From what we know so far, there's going to need to be x amount of rebalancing, and that is probably going to need y rebalanced to compensate for x and z to smooth it all over. I'm hoping we'll be in for some surprising new takes on our favourites.

I'm thinking that we may see changes in Germany and The Huns. I'm basing this off the fact that France has changed, and is in many of the demos; and the recent video shows Germany and Attila. Since many of us speculate a change in Germany because of the Zulu trait, I believe that the civs that we see in the demos are the ones they have been play testing internally the most because they changed them.

I'm thinking that we may see changes in Germany and The Huns. I'm basing this off the fact that France has changed, and is in many of the demos; and the recent video shows Germany and Attila. Since many of us speculate a change in Germany because of the Zulu trait, I believe that the civs that we see in the demos are the ones they have been play testing internally the most because they changed them.

So then England is changing too by this logic? :)

So then England is changing too by this logic? :)
Perhaps the extra "spy" is being changed to an extra "diplomat"? If that is the case it would definitely explain why England is being playtested.

Furthermore, sea trade is a BIG benefit now and so the days of pangea being the standard could be changing. That would mean you need to test the Ottomans (suspected earlier of being in an image) and England to make sure their sea based benefits are still balanced.

Perhaps the extra "spy" is being changed to an extra "diplomat"? If that is the case it would definitely explain why England is being playtested.

Furthermore, sea trade is a BIG benefit now and so the days of pangea being the standard could be changing. That would mean you need to test the Ottomans (suspected earlier of being in an image) and England to make sure their sea based benefits are still balanced.

Except every spy can be a diplomat - the two aren't separate entities. Your spy can have the role of diplomat if you place them in the capital of another Civilization and choose so.
So England can't really have one extra diplomat without one extra spy - they are the same person, only doing different jobs if you choose so.

Considering a large number of civ players don't follow CivFanatics or related outlets as religiously as many of us, I have zero complaints with the featurette explaining basic mechanisms that I would imagine would be incredibly informative to these said people

"You can also decide not to mine battlefields by archaeology, but to preserve them for tourism instead. The older it is, the more tourism and the more culture is generated." -quote Ed Beach. But in the featurette, the sites only generates culture.

"You can also decide not to mine battlefields by archaeology, but to preserve them for tourism instead. The older it is, the more tourism and the more culture is generated." -quote Ed Beach. But in the featurette, the sites only generates culture.

Perhaps there is a Tenet or SoPol that gives Tourism to Landmarks.

Musician's Guild
They are missing some graphics..;)

It was added in a patch. Play a game and you'll see it.
I will..:)

I know this is german sight but that color border don't fit or i need to check my eyes..;)
Spoiler :

Concert in action
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Hello Impi!
Spoiler :

BTW Impi vs Muskets?

They are missing some graphics..;)

I will..:)

I know this is german sight but that color border don't fit or i need to check my eyes..;)
Spoiler :

Concert in action
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Hello Impi!
Spoiler :

BTW Impi vs Muskets?

Hey, you can see the Uffizi in Porto! (second image)

okay math time.

At first Coimbra was generating 17C and 24T, and Lisbon was Generating 69C and 154T.

The first GW was moved into Broadway. No theme bonus

Now Coimbra was generating 14C (-3) and 12T (-12). It's GW was moved from a Broadcast Tower.
Now Lisbon was generating 72C (+3) and 168T (+14)

Funchal was generating 31C and 66T

The second GW was moved into Broadway. +6 Theme bonus.

Funchal was generating 28C (-3) and 54T (-12) It's GW was also moved from a Broadcast Tower.
Lisbon is now generating 85C (+13) abd 203T (+35)

&& Lisbon has the Sistine Chapel, so its base culture is multiplied by 1.25

but what does it all meannnnn?

Culture is easy. Portugal has a Culture multiplier in all cities of slightly over 50%. Most likely 25% from the Sistine Chapel and 33% from the Broadcast Tower, equals 58%.

Coimbra and Funchal both lose a Great Work, 2:c5culture:*1.58 = 3, Lisbon gains 2 Great Works and the theming bonus, (4+6)*1.58 = 16.

Tourism is pretty much impossible to work out, because we don't know much about the multipliers. What is obvious is that the tourism multipliers are going to be massive. The base tourism value for a Great Work is 2, but Lisbon get +14 when the first Great Work is moved there, or a 600% bonus. The multipliers seem to work differently on Great Works than they do on theming bonuses, as moving the second Great Work results in a base tourism increase in Lisbon of 8, but only in an overall increase of 35, for a bonus of 337%.

So are more people going to start playing cultural games, which I perceive never been that popular? Otherwise there wouldn't much use for tourism and to some extent, great works or archaeology, I wouldn't think.

I will if city flipping is as fun as it was in Civ IV. I loved that mechanic.

Top Bottom