Turn 131 - Writing?

Vintage Port

Backstab this!
In my current Immortal game playing as Babylon (Standard speed/size) on a Pangaea one AI (Suleiman) didn't research writing until turn 131. But he did manage to hit the Renaissance on turn 130. :crazyeye::lol:

Good for him lol.

On a side note this is my first time playing as Babylon and I'm quite enjoying it. The extra GS off the start is ridiculous. Helps get through the earlier techs and I managed Education turn 107 - and that was even fighting a 2 front war with the Celts and France.

The early Bowman hold up very well and I was able to put of CBs for quite some time.

Anyone ever see an AI not show up on the Demographics Tech screen until 131? :crazyeye:

Ottomans generally going for domination victory or science victory. that's interesting and never happened to me before.

anyway, Babylon rocks! Walls and Bowman just fantastic. One of my favourite faction.

In my current Immortal game playing as Babylon (Standard speed/size) on a Pangaea one AI (Suleiman) didn't research writing until turn 131. But he did manage to hit the Renaissance on turn 130. :crazyeye::lol:

Good for him lol.

And to think, if he veered his beeline at the last moment to Printing Press :rolleyes: he could have had printers without letters.
If this isn't G&K, anyway.

And to think, if he veered his beeline at the last moment to Printing Press :rolleyes: he could have had printers without letters.
If this isn't G&K, anyway.

Having printing presses without even having a system of writing does seem somewhat abnormal. I wonder if it's possible to rearrange the tech tree to fix that without screwing everything up. :rotfl:

Having printing presses without even having a system of writing does seem somewhat abnormal. I wonder if it's possible to rearrange the tech tree to fix that without screwing everything up. :rotfl:

You don't need to rearrange anything but make certain connection, something along the lines that Printing Press has Writing as one of it's requirement at one point, say that Writing connects to a technology that connects to a technology that connects to another technology and so on until a technology connects to Printign Press.

You don't need to rearrange anything but make certain connection, something along the lines that Printing Press has Writing as one of it's requirement at one point, say that Writing connects to a technology that connects to a technology that connects to another technology and so on until a technology connects to Printign Press.

Gods and Kings in fact did that. By making Press require Chivalry, and Civil Service requiring Drama and Poetry, it effectively ensures Writing is possessed before the Press.
It's a good game, you should get it.

Top Bottom