Rise of polynesia

Princeofnigeria

The illustrious
With the new world council mechanic, the developers have said that a new side (Portugal) will have a great advantage, however I think polynesia will get a massive rise in political power, as it is almost garunteed to meet all players first with its early embarkation. Who else sees this new power?

I see it as a threat because what if I want to be world congress leader first? and Polynesia is in my game they are going to be supreme head until the modern era.

But its meet all players and research, I think Printing Press. If you see Polynesia is in the game, just go out of your way to explore and get a tech lead to meet everyone and beat him to Printing Press. Polynesia doesn't get any innate science boost.

Whatever advantage that may come from being the first to host the world congress would be fleeting in the face of more prosperous and/or scientifically advanced nations. I don't suspect it will be a game changer.

The founder only gets to propose resolutions 3 times (30 turns). That's it, not much of a boost to Polynesia, even less so if its a Pangaea map/shallow water map where you can explore everyone without going into deep water

Its a slight buff, but nothing major and Polynesia still won't be considered a great civ by many with the buff

Polynesia has always been a civ that sounds sexy from the start (these forums exploded with "Omg Polynesia gon' be OP!" when their UA was revealed originally) but in reality is nothing but bells and whistles for many people

I'm sorry, I was legitimately unaware that such a thread already existed. Pardon my ignorance.

This has already been discussed to death in another thread.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom