Summer sale

oxygenjoe

Chieftain
hi all, i understand the steam summer sale is coming up, any chance BNW will be part of the sale? :lol:

Even during their big sales, brand new releases are usually skipped. You'll probably find a deal on all the other Civ games, but I doubt you'll see BNW.

I expect the discount will be exactly the same percentage that G&K was during last summer's sale.

(I don't remember the exact percentage, but it was on sale for a few days; but the sell wasn't as good a deal as some of the pre-order sells had been. It took until the Black Friday sells to see better deals than the best of the pre-order sells.)

Summer sale is probably right before the release of BNW (end of june) and if it isn't I doubt it'll be on sale then, or maybe 10%.

But you can be quite sure that BNW will be on sale during the holiday sales in november and december :)

I hope for big discounts on Civ 5 and G&K instead, so I can get to play this expansion with friends.

I hope for big discounts on Civ 5 and G&K instead, so I can get to play this expansion with friends.

If i was 2kgames, i would do exactly that. I would have a Vanilla + G&K 75% sale to celebrate the coming of Brave new world. I have a suspicion that would happen actually. It's too good an opportunity to miss out.

As for Brave New World, I am sure GMG would come out with their customary 25% off for pre-orders:p

In summer sale they'll probably skip BNW. but you can get Civ 5 and G&K cheap.

Honestly, I would like to see the G&K price knocked down a bit permanently. It wasn't an unreasonable, but definitely still a fairly high price for an expansion pack when it came out, but with BNW all it'll be is 9 civs and 3 scenarios.

I'll probably pick up the Inca, which is the last civ I don't have. Never picked it up because I had Spain in G&K and didn't want to pay for it twice!

But yeah I doubt BNW will be on sale at all

Honestly, I would like to see the G&K price knocked down a bit permanently. It wasn't an unreasonable, but definitely still a fairly high price for an expansion pack when it came out, but with BNW all it'll be is 9 civs and 3 scenarios.

I think it was standard for an expansion pack, actually.

That being said, once it's only Civs, they should lower the price. Or, better yet, release a "Civ Pack" that's all the DLC + G&K Civs together for a reasonable price so those stragglers can get caught up.

I think it was standard for an expansion pack, actually.

That being said, once it's only Civs, they should lower the price. Or, better yet, release a "Civ Pack" that's all the DLC + G&K Civs together for a reasonable price so those stragglers can get caught up.
You mean like the "gold edition upgrade pack"?

Something like that, but nit advertised as including the original game.

Top Bottom