Which civ are you excited to play the most ? ( Civs released so far )

Whic civ is the best

• Poland

Votes: 50 30.5%
  • Assyria

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Brazil

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • Portugal

Votes: 73 44.5%
  • Zulu

Votes: 21 12.8%

• Total voters
I honestly think of the Zulus because they seem to have an interesting unit in the Impi and their special abilitie will probably kick-ass.

What do you guys think ?

Currently Portugal, but I'm still waiting for the other civs to be revealed and maybe one of them interests me more.

I'm still pretty hot for Portugal. I love me some economic/exploration civs.

Assyria looks intriguing as well. I'm not a big warmonger, but the UA combined with the UU will have me sniping away small cities from my smarty-pants neighbors.

After that, I'll probably try Brazil. I was a big culture player in Civ IV, but since there has been no flipping in V, I lost interest in it. Revival of flipping makes me want to go back to my roots.

Poland is kind of meh to me. I'm not crazy about mounted units and disjointing policies from cultural victory doesn't make me crave free policies.

Zulus do nothing for me at all. I'm not a big warmonger. The only time I win domination victories is when the AI does half the work for me. I'd rather just have Shaka in my games as an AI for flavor.

All my games usually end up being a science/military game, so Assyria seems perfect to me! After that, i'd love to play as Brazil though, I like the tourism/golden age focus

interested as to why people voted for poland?
Probably because theyre Polish :lol:

Honestly, I dont like Poland as a civ because their UU is cool but besides that theres nothing exciting about it. As to why they liked it, its probably because they like the new Winged Hussar unit

Brazil. Excellent use of the new features and I want to play as an old man sitting at a table by a dimly lit lamp!

It's interesting to me that, so far, Zulu has the least votes. It seems to me that people must like to have the Zulu for AI flavor more than to play as them, because it has been much in demand. Either that, or the details of the Zulu have failed to impress the people who demanded them.

interested as to why people voted for poland?

A solid UA that's good for any victory type, a cool UU that has an ability no Civ unit has ever had before, and a really powerful UB. You guys have noticed that the Ducal Stable gives bonus XP, right?

…and yes, my grandmother was Polish.

I vote for Portugal and Poland. Portugal because I liked the new trade routes a lot and Poland because they look great for the ideology system and the W. Hussar looks very cool.

Poland. Really. Their ability is probably the most flexible of all civs and it will let me try out the new policies and ideologies.

It's interesting to me that, so far, Zulu has the least votes. It seems to me that people must like to have the Zulu for AI flavor more than to play as them, because it has been much in demand. Either that, or the details of the Zulu have failed to impress the people who demanded them.

I freely admit that I wanted the Zulu back purely for legacy reasons. I've been playing since the original Civ, and to me there is a sort of feeling that it's not a true Civ game until Shaka appears. Sentimental, I know, and I can't deny that if they had never been in a Civ game, and were suddenly announced now with these details, I'd be underwhelmed and wonder why they had passed over a more significant African civ like Kongo or the Benin in favor of the Zulu. I'm contented by their return rather than thrilled or intrigued by them.

I am looking forward to testing the new culture victory changes, so I am looking forward to playing Brazil. I understand that this thread is about new Civs, but I will also give France another look with their overhaul.

Following that I will probably play Portugal as,like others I am sure, I enjoy economic power houses.

Of course if one of the unannounced Civs catch my eye i will play them first

I haven't decided about what civ to play yet, but I will rank the ones I want to play the most that have been revealed:
1. Assyria, the colors are very soothing and the siege tower may change warfare and make melee units viable.
2. Portugal, Loving the International trade routes but the limited amount puts a damper on my spirits, feitoria's seem rather pointless as i'm allies with most cities anyways, and the naval game doesn't begin for me until frigates, which come after caravels, plus the ability may only be used once.
3. Brazil, I really like golden ages
4. Zulu, the double strike and new promotions sound cool
5. Poland, I think I will get policies too fast with this civ, and never build mounted units, especially lancers

The civ I will play first will be decided either by personal favorite, the one closest to my appearance, or the one whose captal is climatically most similar to my own, or maybe the least popular by these polls, I just don't know yet.

Top Bottom