Which civ are you excited to play the most ? ( Civs released so far )

Whic civ is the best

• Poland

Votes: 50 30.5%
  • Assyria

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Brazil

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • Portugal

Votes: 73 44.5%
  • Zulu

Votes: 21 12.8%

• Total voters
Italy.
Brazil. Create great works. Keep happiness high. Wall up. See if you can Carnival troll win. With new mechanics it is not definitely impossible to win cultural victory with awful science. Just renaissance and meet everyone.

Hoping I'm wrong, then Brazil is five times as interesting. :king:

Absolutely Brazil, they seem like the civ that was built around all the new features of BNW. I love the late game, but through G&K it gets boring........I have a feeling with the tourism bonuses, city flipping is going to be huge with Brazil. I'd like to take over the world with my influence! Also, GREEN!........and I love their UU's icon!

It's interesting to me that, so far, Zulu has the least votes. It seems to me that people must like to have the Zulu for AI flavor more than to play as them, because it has been much in demand. Either that, or the details of the Zulu have failed to impress the people who demanded them.

I'll take AI Flavor for 200, Alex

The civ I will play first will be decided either by personal favorite, the one closest to my appearance, or the one whose captal is climatically most similar to my own, or maybe the least popular by these polls, I just don't know yet.

:huh:
You have issues, man. Seriously.

As for the Zulu, yeah, I'm glad they are in mostly because they make an interesting AI. But I don't really care for them. Too much warring in the game already, they aren't that special.

In Poland's case, I have only one thing to say: :deadhorse:

I'm really curious about Brazil, it being my homeland. Nevertheless Assyria fits my playing style, with early warmongering and science bonus.

Italy.
Brazil. Create great works. Keep happiness high. Wall up. See if you can Carnival troll win. With new mechanics it is not definitely impossible to win cultural victory with awful science. Just renaissance and meet everyone.

Hoping I'm wrong, then Brazil is five times as interesting. :king:

I'm with you. If Italy are in fact included then probably them.

But as it stand now, Brazil fits my play style. Their bonuses seem super fun and unique.

Was Zulu really that big fan favorite? Some people just wanted it because it has been in previous games and I think quite many people simply wanted more African civs. There were also lots of people who thought there are far better African Civ options like Kongo, Benin or Ashanti.

I think what Firaxis/2K mean by "fan favorite" and the way it's interpreted here are two very, very different things.

For some reason, people here seem to think it means "a civ that we [a bunch of die-hard fans and history buffs] think would be an interesting and worthwhile addition to the series." In reality, it probably means "a civ that was in a previous iteration of the series that casual fans expect to see again"—which is to say Portugal, the Zulu, and probably the Sioux. "Fan favorite" implies something that fans have actually experienced in the past, not something they're interested in for the future.

Brazil. I want to take that badboy on the road! Unless, of course, they announce Indonesia.

Tie between Assyria and Zulu. Strategically, definitely Assyria. But I also want to play around with anti-gun promotions, so Zulu as well.

Just wondering were are Zulu fans :rolleyes:

The Zulus, as far as they've showed are a rather... boring civilization to play with - they're pretty much this expansion's Huns, utilizing none of the new mechanics, nor having interesting new features (well... at least The Huns had a spearman replacement completely out of the ordinary).

For builders, The Zulu have nothing of interest to offer.
For warmongers, Assyria presents to be a far more fun civilization to play as, with a new mechanic other than just a numbers game, and their Library replacement offers a chance to utilize the new mechanics.
Not to discredit those who like them and are excited to play as them - but it does explain why they are rarer...

And I've answered this on a older thread, but I guess I say it again here (the older one pretty much died :lol:).

I want Portugal, like, right Nau! :lol: (See what i did there?... Guys?... Fiiine... :sad:)
Brazil is the second most intersting Civilization so far! :)
Then Assyria, I'm not a warmonger, but for a more war heavy game they seem like a great choice.
Poland doesn't use the new mechanics, so that's rather sad, but their UA seems great! :) And Winged Hussars look freaking cool!
And lastly, The Zulus, for what I explained before...

People were crazy about Zulu and now they all disappeared. :p

anyway, I may try Assyria because their UA seems good.

People were crazy about Zulu and now they all disappeared. :p

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've already stated on my own behalf that the reason I wanted the Zulu back is their long history in this franchise made the game feel oddly incomplete to me with them. (They've been in every game since the first one, including the massively stripped-down CivRev, though it did take an expansion pack to put them into Civ IV. And since I've been playing since the days when the first one was the only one, I've had two decades to get used to thinking of Shaka as just being a part of this series.) But that doesn't mean they are the civ from this expansion that I am the most excited to actually play as. To be honest, I'd have preferred they were made a DLC so they wouldn't tie up a slot in BNW that could have been used to add another brand new civ. It was fairly predictable they would return, and they don't make use of any of the new mechanics, so it does seem kind of wasteful to use BNW to bring them back. Nevertheless, I still wanted them back and am happy that they are.

Top Bottom