Points of the Game

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
Now that the game is just about over, it's time to look back and see how far we've come. I'll put topics out on certain points of the game for discussion.

Luckiest Break - What was the ultimate peice of luck this game?

- AI Stupidity where the AI always seemed to declare war one turn after another one was done?

- The Aztecs building The Great Library just turns before we took it?

- RNG (Random Number Generator) going beserk during the Bab wars?

- Others?

Turning Points - What would you say the turning point was? That is, where the game started to shift to our favor. (note - this is different from having the game in hand).

- Aztec War? (early antiquity)

- Phony Persian War? (antiquity to industrial)

- Japanese War? (late antiquity)

- Indian Incursion? (late middle)

- The famous Greek MPP deal? (late middle)

- The First Bab War? (early industrial)

- Our Golden Age? (early to mid industrial)

- The Second Bab War? (mid industrial)

- The Iroquois War?

- The American War?

- The French War?

- Other?

Point of No Return - This would be the point where we had the game in hand, and would be hard for us to lose.

- Pick a war. :)

- Other?

Epic Tales - Which battles (whether played, or read in the turn chat) do you think stands out? (Can be RPG related too)

- The Resistence Movement? (Indian Incursion)

- Any of the wars?

- Other?

Best Demogame Quote - Which was the best quote that you've seen in the forums? (include the name and quote)

- ""Demo*game*. It's a game. Fun and all that. Play nice. - Danke"?

- Others?

Favorite War - Which war was your favorite?

- Aztec War? (early antiquity)

- Phony Persian War (antiquity to industrial)

- Japanese War? (late antiquity)

- Indian Incursion? (late middle)

- The famous Greek MPP deal? (late middle)

- The First Bab War? (early industrial)

- Our Golden Age? (early to mid industrial)

- The Second Bab War? (mid industrial)

- The Iroquois War? (mid/late industrial)

- The American War? (mid/late industrial)

- The French War? (late industrial)

- The Russian War? (late industrial)

- The English War? (late industrial)

- The Chinese/Greek War? (very early modern)

Most Ingenious Strategy - Which strategy was perhaps the most important to this game?

- "Plan A" at the early part of the game?

- The Maginot Line that stopped hordes of knights and cavalry from crossing our borders?

- The 2-in-one attack of Russia and England?

Lowest Point - At which point of the game did you think that we were done for?

- Being stalled in the Aztec war? (early antiquity)

- Finding ourselves behind in the tech race in antiquity?

- Fear of overextending ourselves in the Japanese war?

- Having hordes of multi-national troops waltz through our lands?

- The AI building cities in what's now the North Province and MAG?

- Having less than a dozen workers in the middle ages?

- Finding ourselves five techs behind when everyone was in the early industrial age?

- Other?

Greatest Province - The greatest province last game was Asphinxia. What would you say the greatest province this game was?

- Bohemia? (split into North Province and Taliesin :( )

- Taliesin?

- North Province?

- Southwest Province?

- South Doughnut Coast?

- Alderaan

- Eldanore?

- Quellewasser?

- Hafenland?

- Montis Abeo Gramen?

- New Japan?

- any other provinces?

Luckiest Break
We had a lot of lucky ones. I think the Aztec one was lucky in the earlier days and that AI Stupidity later on.

Turning Points
Definitely the Golden Age

Point of No Return
2nd Bab War

Epic Tales
The Resistance Movement was pretty amazing, but I will look into other possibilities.

Luckiest break: The Aztecs building the great library
Turning point: I agree with naervod, its the golden age.
Epic Tales: Volcano Eruption, Its becoming quite ecsiting now..

Epic tale: The Battle Against Terror. It started small and built up to a horrific frenzy where the source was traced back to English rebels. It ended with Fanatikans saving the English crown and the deaths of Alexander and Shaitan I.

The Conflict in Vanir (challenges to the throne of Vanir) worked well too. That climaxed in a live chat at the seige of Denver.

Let us never forget the great deeds of the early Religions of Fanatika thread. May the English Terror War, the Wanderings, and Vanirian Civil War be passed down for generations in epic literature. ;)

I think capturing the Great Library was the luckiest break of the game. :)

GL Capture was deff the luckiest break, but it lead us to the biggest hard time, with Mr.Pindleton in Penguin as our only science beaker. Best province is Bohemia, IMO. (NP+TS). there is where we still get most of our tanks, our armies every 5 turns.

Now I ask you this:
Who is writing the Quiz?

Originally posted by Grandmaster
Let us never forget the great deeds of the early Religions of Fanatika thread. May the English Terror War, the Wanderings, and Vanirian Civil War be passed down for generations in epic literature.

May I ask to hear these stories. They happened at a time when I had not come to these lands yet.

Me too. There was just too much to read in there. :crazyeye:

Just to tell ya'll, I've started a thread in the RPG in the hopes of compiling all the RPG stories, so that new folks like Cheetah and early-non-RPGers like CT can read them. They really are quite interesting. ;)

I believe that the turning point for our nation was the Great Indian War.

At the time, there were great debates going on between those that preferred we build primarily cultural and economic improvements within our cities and those that wanted to strengthen our military. The sneak attack inspired numerous RPG tales (including the well known Fanatikan resistance movement complete with appropriate avatar changes) and essentially ended the debate in favor of the military.

I would also say that the most fortunate event for us was the discovery of the Greek generosity in the late game. Their economy made our scientific lead possible, allowing us to discover the techs needed to build all of our mighty panzers which have been so instrumental in our recent conquests.

On a personal note, my most memorable moments will likely be centered on the underground movement during the Indian War, which I found to be vastly entertaining, and I will likely never forget the numerous PIs brought up while serving as Chief Justice (no hard feelings Cyc...;)). But my most pleasant memories will come from my term as President. It was indeed a great honor and a delight to serve this nation in that capacity. I thank everyone who made that possible and I wish to applaud all citizens that contributed in any way to this most enjoyable game.

If there is one phrase that reminds of this game more than anything else it is this: Public Investigation. I had so many PI's while serving as Judge Advocate and Public Defender, it was beginning to take a toll on my mental health. Mark my words, you have no idea how happy I was to ascend to the Chief Justice position and get above those PI's.

I had a pleasent time throughout the game. From a judicial prespective, I get three people off hooks in Investiations (myself included;)) My infamous 5 term run as vice president was fun, if boring at some times.

Greatest province? It has to be the one with the greatest name, the South Doughnut Coast. What other province has such a unique name? :)

As for disappointments, I was rather despressed that, in the beginning stages of the game, we didn't go with the doughnut on our flag.

Notice there is no question mark after Alderaan for greatest province in CT's first post. ;) j/k

I think later North (North with Bavaria) gets it.

I don't have those Tolkeinesque names down yet. ;)

Originally posted by Chieftess
I don't have those Tolkeinesque names down yet. ;)

I noticed. It's "Eldarinórë," not "Eldanore." And for goodness' sakes, it's Tolkien, not Tolkein. EVERYBODY does that! Sheesh...

EDIT: Quiet, you! ;)

Originally posted by Noldodan

I noticed. It's "Eldarinórë," not "Eldanore." And for goodness' sakes, it's Tolkien, not Tolkein. EVERYBOFY does that! Sheesh...

EVERYBOFY? ;)

:p

Originally posted by Chieftess

EVERYBOFY? ;)

:p

It must be a type of slang.;)

Top Bottom