God of the sea

Davor

Prince
I founded my religion and I picked God of the sea, which I thought gave all sea tiles with a resource a +1 to production and would be +2 with work boats.

So my capital city has this. I made another city on the coast, and it doesn't get the bonus for God of the sea. Did I do something wrong, or does this just apply to the capital city?

*edit* I just realized this could be a G&K aspect of the game. I haven't played since vanilla Civ, so sorry if this is in the wrong section of BNW. I only started playing Civ again with BNW.

Your pantheon has to be active in a city to get the bonus. I imagine your second city doesn't have the little lightning symbol for the pantheon in its city banner, and thus won't get the bonus until it gains your pantheon (or religion) :goodjob:

Also, god of the sea only gives +1 production from work boats

Thank you guys, so I will have to spread my religion to the city then? I will try it.

Thank you very much.

Bear in mind that God of the Sea specifies +1 production from work boats, not from sea resources. If the resources don't have work boats on them yet then the production bonus won't be there.

This works unlike the lighthouse, which is based purely on the sea resource, regardless of whether it has a boat on it or not.

The lighthouse now improves both blank and fished resources? Does this mean they also improve Atoll spaces, that would make them far more valuable than they used to be.

honestly if there is a significant body of water anywhere on the map which i will be settling cities around i take this. The chances of sea resources tend to be high and while other pantheons have good bonuses (15% wonder production comes to mind, 10% growth boost, a few others like desert/jungle bonus) if you have any amount of sea resources near your capital greater than two this will bring you a huge early advantage

Top Bottom