Random Personalities

xphantomx

Chieftain
I usually only play with random personalities enabled...I like meet each new civ and not automatically know exactly how they are going to play each game.

My question is, am I gimping the AI by doing so?

By not letting them have their assigned personality traits, does that inhibit them from playing to their specific strengths? Am I making it too easy to dominate the AI civs because I'm making Zulu too peaceful and not utilize their military advantages or making a diplomatic civ too aggressive by forcing them to focus on military instead of culture or trade?

Any insight would help! Thanks.

Well, it works both ways. Random Personalities just adds some random distribution on top of the flavors, so each civ, and for each flavor, could go up or down the value.

In other words, you could end up with a "Lord Varis" Shaka, but you could also end up with a crazy Shaka (even more crazy than he is normally).

I cannot play without RP anymore. Unpredictable = strategy = fun!

I would say you are gimping most of them. I understand that its fun not knowing how shaka may react, nut a pacifist shaka is a wasted shaka. Same along the lines of other civs. I feel the civs are designed with certain characteristics in mind and randomizing any of this is hurting them as it is deviating farther from what their strengths are.

Not playing with it makes people dependent on predictions of the AIs behavior depending on the civs. Random personalities makes transitioning from playing AI to real people online just a little easier.

Top Bottom