Random Events list

Just had a slave revolt in another city than my capital.

The apparently fixed it to actually hit a random city :goodjob:

I never seen it strike a non capital city before - not my nor the AI's - and then the first slave revolt i get after patching hits a not capital city... Well maybe i had just bad luck so far.

Agreed Refar. I just had my first ever revolt outside of my capital today too. And I use slavery A LOT. Maybe I was just unlucky all the time before as well? :lol:

I haven't switched to 3.17 yet and I have never seen a Slave Revolt outside my capital yet, after thousands of turns (and dozens of in-capital revolts).

Are you saying this event was programmed to randomly (and uniformly) choose the city even pre-patch? I find that hard to believe, unless you qualify that statement by the chance of an out-of-capital revolt somehow begin significantly lower than a revolt in the capital.

Are you saying this event was programmed to randomly (and uniformly) choose the city even pre-patch? I find that hard to believe, unless you qualify that statement by the chance of an out-of-capital revolt somehow begin significantly lower than a revolt in the capital.
No... I had hundrets of slave revolts in 3.13 ( oh god, those things were annoying when using Beuaro ), and had 1 slave revolt outside my capital ( that had been heavily whipped before, BTW ). I would bet that the event was heavily biased towards the capital, but ( thoretically ) could happen anywhere ,even in 3.13...

If I recall correctly, I experienced slave revolts in a city that wasn't the capital in only one game before 3.17 - after having moved the palace, the revolts kept occuring in the previous, initial capital, instead of the new one. Might have been coincidence, of course.

I had a couple out of the capitol pre-3.17, although the patch seems to have tweaked the incidents in favor of non capitol cities, although the bulk still seem to be in the capitol.

I really hate this event, and that it's random. It can be game breaking. It HAS been game breaking. I wish they'd code in something that modified revolt odds based on # of whips or # of pop whipped in THE CITY THAT WHIPPED. It's really stupid that your capitol can have never whipped anything and still get the revolt, while cities that have whipped 8 times are far less likely to.

The events have been bothering me so much lately I might play with them off from now on even in SP. I can't play with them on in multiplayer.

I got Tower Shields in two consecutive games, Sid likes me! One was even as Rome. Nothing stops Praetorians with free Cover.

There's nothing better than getting it around 3000bc. You don't need anything but the cheap warriors and you're easily protected against deity barbs...

Hi,

I am a newbie to writing in this forum so hopefully someone can help out as I noticed the topic is related to my problem.

Actually, I have BTS and have experienced the TXT_FILE problems. I know that there is a 3.17 patch available but I haven't been able to install it as the system says that must have CIV IV installed on computer. I have a Chinese version that BTS came bundled with CIV IV, so maybe that affects things.

Anyway, I went through some of the forums and understand that I can change some text files so I updated all of the city names and new civilizations using the XML files.

However, I note the the event area also has certain formulas that are referred to in the TXT files in the XML files, I don't have a clue how to organise this. Basically I am getting notifications during the game advising that TXT_KEY_EVENT_HAPPY_HUNTING is occuring. I know I can simply add a text file in the XML document but that doesn't describe what is happening.

Is there any way I can get a copy of the relevant XML file relevant to the EVENTS triggers to insert into my XML files to give meaning to the pop-ups?

Actually, same problem also with the whole spy and espionage issue.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Richo

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. Actually, I got the latest Vista update which includes the latest version 6 of XML. It has been installed but I am still having the TXT problems even though I have followed all the instructions in the link you provided. Anyway, I am sure it is not because of me running Vista, rather, missing files in my Civ 4 installation 9and yes I have tried reinstalling a few times and also clearing the cache, etc).

I am pretty sure my installed versionof Civ 4 BTS is missing certain files relevant to the BTS extension pack as specifically, new civilizations only found in BTS have the TXT problem. Also, there were TXT problems with the corporation functions as well as the spy functions and new MODs specific to BTS.

I looked at some modding threads and realised I could manually insert relevant text to match up with all of the TXT errors I was seeing so I manually edited the Text files under the Assets folder in the main game of Civ 4. However, I soon realised there were way too many erros to fix manually and especially given the spy functions and trading foreign advisor functions which have specific functions and mathematical equations being referred to, eg cost of relevant mission for spy, chance of success, pop-uo the people demand xyz building, etc.

Anyway, it makes it hard to play the game as my foreign advisor screen is all garbled and I have now details of any of the spy functions and any way of being able to use it.

I was hoping to get copies of the actual text files that are used specifically for BTS so I could manually copy them into my Civ 4 game.

I hope this makes sense and if anyone could help out it would really be appreciated.

Regards.

Justin

1) just to make sure this does not go on in this thread ;) if you want more input on how to possibly fix this please create a new thread in the civ4 tech support section of this forum - there are a few more people around that do try to help, this thread really is just for the list of random events in BtS :)
- But I still assume that the problem is with different language settings between your windows version and BtS
2) the unmodded xml files while available to anyone who installs the game are arguably part of the proprietary files that come with your game purchase. As such I doubt that this forum would allow spreading them...

ori, what happens to combat 1 promotion events to the seiging units (and maybe archery units as well) in 3.17?

Ori,

Thanks for that feedback. I will make a new thread somewhere else!

By the way, I have read most of your threads and they are all very useful and very interesting!!!

Richo

Top Bottom