Where should I put my next city?

Jeff1787

Sarge
Any ideas on where I should put my 4th German city?

Thanks...

I would look north, lock down that harbor if there are some lux's. you could build where they suggest, but as is, you basically have the perfect bottleneck set up if you make friends with warsaw and the city state in the west, as well as venice. take those 3, build a 4th base in the north, and you would be crusing.

Can't do anything about it now, but ideally Berlin would have been one spot SE, since it would have given you an extra cow and horse (you can probably beat Venice to it), making Stables very strong (with 2 horses and 2 cows). However, you might not have been able to see that on the first turn (particularly the horse), so it's not a big issue.

Also, I would have put Munich one SE to be adjacent to a mountain for the Observatory. You do lose access to some tiles in the third ring to the NW, but it's not a big deal since you'd be competing with Hamburg for those tiles anyway.

As for the 4th city, I would definitely go with one of those spots north of Warsaw. My initial inclination is the one to the left. Depending on the geography to the north, the left "suggested city" could prove to be a chokepoint on land. And it might provide a shortcut between two bodies of water. The "suggested city" to the right has a little more growth potential if you can beat Russia to that cow and horse to the east, but the city is also far less defensible so I'd go for the left option.

I would not go south of Warsaw, since you'd be sandwiched between Russia and the Ottomans. Better to let them be neighbors.

Right now Brussels, Venice, and the city state south of Brussels provide a very nice buffer. If you really want you could try settling a city south of the CS south of Brussels near France, but it's risky.

I think the best option is to secure the spot north of Warsaw, which later gives you the option of going further north or further east (and there seems to be plenty of open space to the east).

truthfully u need to get your national college up before u put up your next city..

I started a deity Babylon game aiming for science victory. I'd also like some advice where to build my third city.

Spoiler :

I thought of the following locations but couldn't decide which I would use.

1) Jungle hills tile next to the sugar (south-east of Babylon)
+ New luxury resource nearby
+ Food tile nearby
- Ottomans near to the south, their capital is not far
- It is a bit cramped due to the city states (and Ottomans)

2) Plains forest tile next to the mountain, wheat and copper north of Almaty
+ Mountain
+ Food tile
+ Luxury
+ Not near any major civs
- Very close to Akkad, causing tiles to overlap
- Very close to Almaty, unable to grow very big borders

3) Tundra tile west from the deer north-east from Babylon
+ Horses, wine and copper nearby
+ Barringer crater nearby
+ Lots of room for border expansion
+ No major civs or city states nearby
- On tundra
- No food tiles

I might not build more than three cities. I am quite undecided on that as well. I'd be glad to hear advice where to build the next city and whether to build more cities than that.

I started a deity Babylon game aiming for science victory. I'd also like some advice where to build my third city.

Spoiler :

I thought of the following locations but couldn't decide which I would use.

1) Jungle hills tile next to the sugar (south-east of Babylon)
+ New luxury resource nearby
+ Food tile nearby
- Ottomans near to the south, their capital is not far
- It is a bit cramped due to the city states (and Ottomans)

2) Plains forest tile next to the mountain, wheat and copper north of Almaty
+ Mountain
+ Food tile
+ Luxury
+ Not near any major civs
- Very close to Akkad, causing tiles to overlap
- Very close to Almaty, unable to grow very big borders

3) Tundra tile west from the deer north-east from Babylon
+ Horses, wine and copper nearby
+ Barringer crater nearby
+ Lots of room for border expansion
+ No major civs or city states nearby
- On tundra
- No food tiles

I might not build more than three cities. I am quite undecided on that as well. I'd be glad to hear advice where to build the next city and whether to build more cities than that.

Seeing as you are going for Science Victory, settle on the coast, next to your Bowman, near the Barringer Crater. You can then either wait for your borders to expand, or purchase two tiles to get the Crater. From there, wait until you have a spare trade route (or reassign one) and send it to the new city so that it can grow. Just so you know, I have never played Deity before and have no intent of doing so for the next few months, at least. That looks as if it would be the best city location anyway.

Top Bottom