Not enough great works in the game, causing gameplay issues

meowschwitz

Warlord
There are 75 works of art, and 70 music and writing works. If more than that many are built in a game then you get a generic "great artist", "great writer", or "great musician" that cannot build another work.

This should n't be a problem on most settings but if you have an abundance of civilzations (22 in my current game) you end up being very low on great works with just over 3 works being available per civilization.

Is this by design or oversight? I would think that it would let you create a generic great work and wouldn't end up being an issue. What does everyone make of this and has anyone noticed any mods that add new GWAM and works to the game?

Xbox, Qua, and me (AFAIK) are working on a Great Works mod though mine is on Hiatus due to work and laziness. Check out Xbox, he's on the menu making a mod not just for Great Works, but changed in UAs and a whole lot more

The devs have said they will add more as long as they pass copyright laws and are in the public domain,
Quote from Firaxis:
"We would really be open to adding additional art to the game. While in production, finding art that was at least 100 years old (after the death of the artist as well in some cases), did not have copyright tie-ups, and had open-source artwork available for us to pull was sometimes very difficult for cultures that didn't necessarily deal with traditional paintings, like Africa, Native Americans, etc. Additionally, there is a good amount of artwork that also had "Artist Unknown" classifications, which would not work very well with the mechanics in-game. We would love it if the community were able to come up with some additional diverse cultural paintings, and would be happy to include them in the fall balance patch if they passed legal muster."
Besides many modders, including myself, have seen this and are making mods that add great works/add them to their mods.
EDIT: Ninja'd

Thanks, it just stunk playing as brazil with 22 civs and not being able to fill up all the slots i knew I could!

Top Bottom